Yardbirds - Live & Rare 4CD + DVD box set

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Yardbirds - Live & Rare 4CD + DVD box set

Postby GoogaMooga » 03 Dec 2018, 06:02

Just when you thought everything to do with the legendary Yardbirds had been unearthed and released on CD, along comes Repertoire and springs a whopping 4CD box set upon us. The German reissue label has always handled the Yardbirds catalog very well, with original cover art, copious notes, and heaps of bonus tracks. What we get on the new box set, the first such from Repertoire, are 21 previously unreleased ‘off-air’ BBC recordings, live performances from across Europe and rare studio cuts. A bonus DVD of restored live performances rounds out this must-have package. First big surprise for 2019.

1966 and all that

Charlie O.

Re: Yardbirds - Live & Rare 4CD + DVD box set

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Dec 2018, 06:42

More info here: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-yardbirds-live-and-rare-4cddvd/#more-145807

I daresay, I think I'll pass. Repertoire's also planning a "complete" BBC set for next year - that, I might go for.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 03 Dec 2018, 19:11

Charlie O. wrote:More info here: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-yardbirds-live-and-rare-4cddvd/#more-145807

I daresay, I think I'll pass. Repertoire's also planning a "complete" BBC set for next year - that, I might go for.

According to comments on the link it looks like it's mainly the video stuff that's previously unreleased, and I'm sure I have a bunch of it already on official and unofficial videos. Still, I'll probably get this to replace my worn-out vcr's.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON
hounds people off the board
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Postby SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON » 03 Dec 2018, 20:16

What is the point of this nonsense? Who's buying?

May as well be 'A Collection Of Framed Poodle Portraits'. Utterly worthless, especially in this day and age.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Dec 2018, 23:16

SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON wrote:May as well be 'A Collection Of Framed Poodle Portraits'. Utterly worthless, especially in this day and age.

:lol:

Poodles playing cards I'd buy.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!