Your bucket list of bands to see live?

Do talk back
Geezee

Re: Your bucket list of bands to see live?

Postby Geezee » 03 Dec 2018, 09:07

Ghost of Harry Smith wrote:
Jeemo wrote:I've seen most of my favourites apart from ELP, I saw them all solo but not as a group.

Bands I should've seen but missed were Magazine, Be Bop Deluxe, Lou Reed, The Skids

That I haven't yet seen but would like to Daft Punk and Scott Walker ( not going to happen)

I saw Lou Reed four times and can't honestly say any of those performances were unmissable. And the Velvets are probably my fave band of all time.

I saw him a year or so before he passed and he was pretty good - although by some distance the best performance was a more recent tune (Ecstasy).
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

pig bodine

Postby pig bodine » 03 Dec 2018, 20:08

Other than the Sex Pistols, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, I saw everyone I ever wanted to see that were active in the late 70’s to the early 90’s and played in the US.Nowadays there isn’t anyone I’d cross the street to piss on if they were on fire.

Dayodead

Postby Dayodead » 03 Dec 2018, 20:50

Living in Los Angeles my entire life, I have been fortunate to have ample opportunity to see most of the bands I would have wanted to see live (Imagine Bob and other denizens have similar experiences)...Can't think of anybody currently playing together, that I have missed, with the exception of newer bands (Haven't see many shows the past couple of years)...Maybe acts like Beach House, Flying Lotus, Warpaint, Cigarettes after Sex, Some of the Rachel Aggs projects (Shopping, Trash Kit, Sacred Paws)...Nobody I'm desperate to see, though..

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Dec 2018, 23:22

Actually there was one show announced that made me think "if I was the type of person to fly overseas for a concert, I might for that." It was the news of Colin Moulding & Terry Chambers doing shows together for the first time since 1982. I'm not sure how it would be but, the thought of it was pretty special.

The last time that happened was This Is Not This Heat on a festival bill with a tasty ATP lineup including Roky, Flamin Groovies with Roy Loney and others.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Robert

Postby Robert » 08 Dec 2018, 18:24

Just realised I would have loved to see the House Martins or Beautiful South

Scally Mcgrew
apparent poobah

Postby Scally Mcgrew » 08 Dec 2018, 23:24

Steely Dan - we had tickets to see them in 1974, but the concert was cancelled due to illness.

Marvin Gaye - as above, but in 1977.

Love and Money - one of my favourite bands.

The one 'concert' I would have loved to see is The Beatles rooftop session.
...for breakfast I eat nails and chains...

caramba

Postby caramba » Yesterday, 09:09

Scally Mcgrew wrote:Steely Dan - we had tickets to see them in 1974, but the concert was cancelled due to illness.

Marvin Gaye - as above, but in 1977.

Love and Money - one of my favourite bands.

The one 'concert' I would have loved to see is The Beatles rooftop session.

Also had TX to see the Dan on the part-cancelled 74 tour. They didn't play live again for about 20 years.

Finally got to see them at Blues Fest at the 02 in Oct 2016. While pretty good, would rather have seen them
during teh Pretzel Logic era.

If you still have a hankering to see them, they're touring the UK with Steve Winwood in Feb 19