The Scrotums

Do talk back
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

The Scrotums

Postby The Modernist » 09 Nov 2018, 13:15

Stumbling out of Boise, Idaho, The Scrotums stunned us all when they released the "Kill Your Teachers" EP on Jerk Now records. Lead track "Aerosol Can" provided the missing link between Iron Butterfly and Bad Brains that some of us had been waiting twenty years to hear. Led by childhood friends Kyle Krystonovich and Chad Krytolevovitz they illuminated those dark, dank winter months of 1990 with something darker and danker than we'd ever heard before. Their second release was even better, not a piece of music as such, but a phial of Krystonovich's blood smeared on remnants of a Chuckie's chilli dog toastie and sent to key members of the US underground. After that we couldn't ignore them. An incendiary version of The Archies "Sugar Sugar" followed which farted in the face of Dan Quayle. Just when it appeared they'd go supernova it ended in the most tragic manner possible. Krystonovich, always an angst ridden and troubled character, suddenly and without any warning, found a job in insurance and moved to Texas.

But they shouldn't be BCB forgotten. Any takers?

fange
100% fangetastic

Re: The Scrotums

Postby fange » 09 Nov 2018, 16:22

Love them, nice shot, G. 'AC' is a too-often neglected punk classic.

Fart In The Attic Records' recent reissue of the Scrotes' collected single also included the lone 7" released by KK's sadly short-lived dance electonica group The Curtain Rods, 'Boise Will Be Boise' b/w 'Tractor Pull'. A must-have for all true fans.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Nov 2018, 16:34

I thought you, Coan and Goatboy were forming a band.

And I was thinking you guys got the name right.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 09 Nov 2018, 16:45

fange wrote:Love them, nice shot, G. 'AC' is a too-often neglected punk classic.

Fart In The Attic Records' recent reissue of the Scrotes' collected single also included the lone 7" released by KK's sadly short-lived dance electonica group The Curtain Rods, 'Boise Will Be Boise' b/w 'Tractor Pull'. A must-have for all true fans.

I'm looking forward to hearing that. Getting in Dirty Barry from Seattle legends Torn Stomach to play the tuba was an audacious move! Pity it didn't seem to quite work out.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 09 Nov 2018, 16:50

Nice one, G.

Missed the reunion gig last year with guest Lon Stately, sadly - but there are rumours of a DVD release next year, possibly entitled Manure Bed (after Krystonovich's childhood home)
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 09 Nov 2018, 17:18

Ooh nice nice one. I've just been looking at some of the tracking listing " Hate Motel", " Sick Kettle", " Arsenic Butt Love"..the mouth waters doesn't it?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Nov 2018, 18:01

Oh, so you like them now, eh? Everybody thought they were "garbage" when I included "Mouthful of Piss" on my BCB Cup list two years ago. Fuckers.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Nov 2018, 19:37

harvey k-tel wrote:Oh, so you like them now, eh? Everybody thought they were "garbage" when I included "Mouthful of Piss" on my BCB Cup list two years ago. Fuckers.

It probably doesn't help that you were trailblazing pioneer. . .

Now.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 09 Nov 2018, 23:16

Eventually, the bus arrived, and off to Tower Records they went. They'd heard about "Read About Seymour" but they didn't have the bread, so they bought the Lurkers instead.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Return to “Yakety Yak”