R.I.P Hardy Fox

Do talk back
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

R.I.P Hardy Fox

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 30 Oct 2018, 18:52

Hardy Fox grew up in Texas. After college he moved to San Francisco reveling in the free love days of 1967-68. He co-founded the much loved cult band, the Residents, where he was primary composer.

http://hardyfox.com/home/
:(
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

algroth

Re: R.I.P Hardy Fox

Postby algroth » 30 Oct 2018, 19:02

:( RIP to a master.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 30 Oct 2018, 19:11

This is sad news. :(
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 30 Oct 2018, 19:34

Hat = off

Bless you, Hardy Fox.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 30 Oct 2018, 20:48

Thank you.

RIP.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 30 Oct 2018, 22:27

A life spent putting permanent smiles into memory banks all around the world. Couldn't ask for better.

Here he comes, Constantinople. He's coming with his head held high. He ain't coming on his knees.

"Quite."

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 Oct 2018, 22:32

A lifetime of making the world weirder.

Thanks for the magic.

x
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 30 Oct 2018, 22:56

The Residents are playing Glasgow in February
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Oct 2018, 23:32

so, did he ever actually admit he was in the Residents? I mean, before he got sick? it seems he was always their "spokesman" or some such.

hearing he was sick hit me harder than I might have expected. I always get some sort of relief when I hear people pass that were sick. you don't want them to suffer or anything. I probably know some people who feel like they suffered when I played the Residents - the way I look at it their lives are richer. I know mine is.

there is a beauty to be found in oddness. there's a sense of joy in even some of their weirdest stuff. I'll never forget playing "Eskimo" & "commercial album" for the first time with absolutely no expectation of what they were or how they would grab me. there was a sense of adventure there. I don't feel that way about a lot of stuff. a lot of that stuff has a very fond place in my heart.
uggy poopy doody.

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 31 Oct 2018, 06:31

Sneelock wrote:so, did he ever actually admit he was in the Residents? I mean, before he got sick? it seems he was always their "spokesman" or some such.

Yes!
From the link I posted in the OP
"Hardy Fox grew up in Texas. After college he moved to San Francisco reveling in the free love days of 1967-68. He co-founded the much loved cult band, the Residents, where he was primary composer.

Hardy retired from The Residents in 2015 but continued to compose for the group through 2018. In addition to his work with that band, he has recorded as a solo artist under various names including Charles Bobuck, Combo de Mechanico, Sonido de la Noche, Chuck, TAR, among others."

This was info that he also stated on his different sites for releasing music as a solo artist.
More or less, in a Residential way, so to speak! :-)
Great post by the way! I feel the same regarding first time playing The Residents
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 31 Oct 2018, 09:07

One of the towering non-figures of the last 40+ years of pop music. Never boring, never consistent, always seeking something different.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Return to “Yakety Yak”