The worst shit I've heard in quite a while

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: The worst shit I've heard in quite a while

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Oct 2018, 18:35

Dayodead wrote:Droning....Grinding....Experimental....???....Stereolab ?? Think somebody slipped a different disc into the case...And if you found that title at a thrift store, then you have very cool thrifts where you live... :)

Occasionally, a wrong disc is found, so I double-checked (even though I always check 'em before buying), and it's the one. In Denmark, everyone downloads, so we get entire collections donated to thrift stores. Which is why I even bother going hunting almost daily. In a good week I'll buy 50-100, but that is after handling thousands.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Oct 2018, 20:05

Try Come And Play In The Milky Night or Moogy Wonderland - great stuff!
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Oct 2018, 20:10

Deebank wrote:Try Come And Play In The Milky Night or Moogy Wonderland - great stuff!

"Moogy" 8-)
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

algroth

Postby algroth » 26 Oct 2018, 20:16

Dayodead wrote:Droning....Grinding....Experimental....???....Stereolab ?? Think somebody slipped a different disc into the case...And if you found that title at a thrift store, then you have very cool thrifts where you live... :)

Well, they are a fairly experimental outfit. Don't see how that goes against the accessibility of their music however. :)

Also I think this is a wonderful album. I probably rate Emperor Tomato Ketchup and Dots and Loops above it but it doesn't take away from the sonic feast this one is. Also I do have to question one complaining about an album being "droning, grinding and experimental" with a title like "Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements" - not that it actually reflects on the music inside, but, y'know, if you've never heard the band before there's always the chance it's an actual label for what's in the tin. :)

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Oct 2018, 20:45

I am not averse to a bit of exploration - UNKLE is spinning now, and its sound tapestries are cut of the same cloth. But it's a thing of beauty, a pleasant listening experience. Not that beauty is the sole criterion, could be a powerhouse performance instead like those of MC5, but it either clicks with me or it grates.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Oct 2018, 21:02

GoogaMooga wrote:
Deebank wrote:Try Come And Play In The Milky Night or Moogy Wonderland - great stuff!

"Moogy" 8-)

Although Moogy should rhyme with Bogey rather than Boogey - strictly speaking.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Oct 2018, 21:03

Deebank wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:

"Moogy" 8-)

Although Moogy should rhyme with Bogey rather than Boogey - strictly speaking.

Pronounced Moge!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 27 Oct 2018, 02:28

:lol:

Oh Googs.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Return to “Yakety Yak”