For Yomptepi and one or two others...

Do talk back
C
Robust

For Yomptepi and one or two others...

Postby C » 16 Oct 2018, 20:45

https://burningshed.com/store/madfish/r ... bbc_boxset

These sessions feature across seven CDs of audio and this new deluxe set – packaged in a 48-page hardcover book – is the most comprehensive collection of these BBC sessions and indeed boasts 20 previously unreleased recordings including new versions of ‘Scene Through The Eye Of A Lens’, ‘Old Songs New Songs’ and ‘The Weaver’s Answer’. All the audio has been newly remastered for this release.

The eighth and final disc is a DVD (region free, NTSC) which offers nine performances from ‘The Old Grey Whistle Test’, ‘Top of the Pops’ and a forgotten ITV show called ‘Doing Their Thing’.

The book features John Peel interviews, new sleeve notes, and rare photos and this set includes a rare poster replica promoting second album Family Entertainment. The hardcover book slots neatly into an outer slipcase.

Family at the BBC is released by Madfish on 7 December 2018

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Re: For Yomptepi and one or two others...

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 17 Oct 2018, 17:45

we already talked about it on FB
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 18 Oct 2018, 09:41

I want it , but it is far too expensive. I don't need another poorly written over illustrated essay on their career. I don't need any of the fancy stuff. I would like the music at an affordable price. After all, it isn't as if they have had to pay recording costs is it? I cannot see any reason they couldn't have done this for less than £40. they might even sell a copy or two at that price. I will wait a month or two, and if I know Madfish, ( and I do) it will be £29.99 by xmas. Which is about right.
You don't like me...do you?

C
Robust

Postby C » 18 Oct 2018, 17:30

Agreed Michael my learned friend

Agreed

x
Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 18 Oct 2018, 17:31

Walk In My Shadow wrote:we already talked about it on FB

this is extremely rude
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 18 Oct 2018, 17:37

SUMPTUOUS SI wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:we already talked about it on FB

this is extremely rude

I think it is rather informative. In fact it would be nice to have a list of everything that has been talked about on FB to stop me accidentally starting a thread on one of them here.

Return to “Yakety Yak”