Northern Ireland
56%

Total votes: 9

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: N. Ireland vs. Rep. of Ireland in rock/pop

Postby Count Machuki » 15 Oct 2018, 03:10

My vote is for Western Ireland, or, as we like to call it, "Boston."
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

caramba

Postby caramba » 15 Oct 2018, 08:53

GoogaMooga wrote:Since this thread is being derailed with overheated puns, let me throw in perhaps the greatest Irish-themed CD of all, an MCA Decca compilation from 1996 - sung by an American, but no matter. It's all pre-war songs, they don't make 'em like that anymore. Unfortunately, I don't own it yet, and it's now rather pricey:

Wonder why you get the impression that many other posters here dislike you because they instantly rubbish what you post, GM?

You never think before you start a new topic.

Like most of the more myopic posters here, you post any old half-baked nonsense that takes your fancy as incontrovertible fact. "The greatest Irish-themed CD of all" - really? Says who - aside from you.

You then back up your spurious arguments with patently risible claims that anyone with a couple of minutes to spare can easily disprove.

Take the Crosby CD you mention above. Far from being "rather pricey", it's now going for as little as UK£1.22 on Amazon and UK£3.55 on Ebay.

Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... he+morning

Ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crosby-Bing- ... rk:22:pf:0

The moral of the story would seem to be credit other BCBers with a modicum of intelligence and they'll afford you the same level of respect in return.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Oct 2018, 09:15

I try to be polite and hold back. I saw the CD at appx. £40, yours is only in "good" (ie probably scratched). I have returned because I like the dynamics here and the articulacy. It's a good challenge.

I wrote "perhaps the greatest", don't see how that can be construed as "incontrovertible fact". Of course, any superlative or hyperbole will always be subjective and relative, need we write "IMO" every time.
1966 and all that

caramba

Postby caramba » 15 Oct 2018, 09:47

GoogaMooga wrote:I try to be polite and hold back. I saw the CD at appx. £40, yours is only in "good" (ie probably scratched). I have returned because I like the dynamics here and the articulacy. It's a good challenge.

I wrote "perhaps the greatest", don't see how that can be construed as "incontrovertible fact". Of course, any superlative or hyperbole will always be subjective and relative, need we write "IMO" every time.

The Amazon link above clearly states that a new copy of the Crosby CD only costs UK£7.65. But since that doesn't square with your argument, I suppose you'll claim you somehow failed to notice the easily visible listing.

Jesus, the thrift shop owners down your way must credit you with the same level of intelligence as you afford other BCBers.