RIP John Wicks

Do talk back
Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

RIP John Wicks

Postby Muskrat » 07 Oct 2018, 22:46

No further details at present, but he's been ill for several months. (Actually years, but he was sort of in remission for a while).
Last edited by Muskrat on 07 Oct 2018, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Things that a fella can't forget...

pig bodine wrote: Nu country is basically southern rock crossed with Journey.

sloopjohnc

Re: RIP John Wicks

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Oct 2018, 23:01

I played those first two Records albums over and over again.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 07 Oct 2018, 23:49

More

Singer-guitarist John Wicks of the British power-pop band The Records, who were best known for the classic 1978 pop gem “Starry Eyes,” passed away in a Burbank hospice on Sunday morning, Oct. 7.

The native of Reading, England, was a longtime resident of Los Angeles after relocating to the United States in 1994. Over the years, Wicks performed frequently in Los Angeles and toured overseas with varying lineups of The Records.
Things that a fella can't forget...

pig bodine wrote: Nu country is basically southern rock crossed with Journey.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Oct 2018, 01:51

I heard "Starry Eyes" while shopping in a store somewhere recently (no wait, it was while I was passing through the Chipotle outlet in the lobby of the building where I work), and internally remarked on my good will toward the song/artist.

Good job there.

RIP
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.