The most enjoyable Pink Floyd member?

Do talk back
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

The most enjoyable Pink Floyd member?

Postby The Modernist » 23 Sep 2018, 13:40

..not necessarily the best, just the most enjoyable...the one whose picture you stare at the most and have an imaginary conversation with. For example.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Re: The most enjoyable Pink Floyd member?

Postby The Slider » 23 Sep 2018, 15:05

Rick
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

Nervous Ned

Postby Nervous Ned » 23 Sep 2018, 15:18

Hmmm ... not sure that PF would be my first choice of groups to have a chinwag with. And I certainly woudn’t be staring at any of their pictures ... maybe Syd, but that would be in sadness.

Syd would be scary, maybe his girlfriend Iggy the eskimo would be a laugh? Does she wear clothes in public?
Gilmour ... I’d be too worried about calling him Dave and getting him in a sulk.
Nick ... I hate motor racing and can’t think of anything else that he’s ever shown much interest in to chat about.
Rick ... Probably a nice guy, bit serious though?
Roger ... I think he would be easy to wind up. Things like Radiohead, Israel, Trump. Profess a fondness for any of them and it would be a laugh to watch him explode and storm out. Or maybe just say how much I love Dogs and his guitar solo is the best bit! Obviously make sure his credit card is behind the bar before doing that.

Nah ... I’ll go for Carole Kenyon who sang at Live 8. She looked like a nice person and would probably tell you what a bunch of miserable old sods they all are before launching into an acapella version of Temptation.

Nervous Ned

Postby Nervous Ned » 23 Sep 2018, 15:19

Oops duplicate sorry

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 23 Sep 2018, 16:17

The Modernist wrote:The one whose picture you stare at the most and have an imaginary conversation with. For example.
:shock: :? :?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 23 Sep 2018, 16:22

Rayge wrote:
The Modernist wrote:The one whose picture you stare at the most and have an imaginary conversation with. For example.

I'll take that answer as Roger.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 23 Sep 2018, 16:26

The Modernist wrote:
Rayge wrote:

I'll take that answer as Roger.

:lol:

Take it how you like, G, bt it was meant as a wtf. I don't think I've ever looked at a photo of a band, even one I like, and imagined having a conversation with one of them.
If you want a straighter answer, I'd have to say one of the dead ones. At least I wouldn't be bored
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 23 Sep 2018, 16:31

I'd like to see Roger having a conversation with Ginger Baker.

Oh how we will laugh and laugh.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 23 Sep 2018, 21:29

Nick would seem the obvious choice, being known as the funny one/practical joker of the group. Roger a non-obvious second choice, since he's mellowed out, and actually is a very funny man when he's not angry. For some reason I think Dave comes off as aloof and I feel it would be awkward talking to him because I couldn't avoid staring at his bald head.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 24 Sep 2018, 03:34

A long time ago we met Tim Renwick (Sutherland Brothers and Quiver, and and a regular member of Pink Floyd's touring band) and his girlfriend Jane by chance in the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico. We chatted at dinner one evening and had a merry time and we wound up traveling around together. Neither of our parties really had an itinerary and we just went from place to place for three or four days, nosing around ancient pyramids, staying in adjacent hotel rooms and just generally cavorting.

They were lovely people and we had a fantastic time.

So I'll choose him.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Dayodead

Postby Dayodead » 24 Sep 2018, 06:51

Their roadies or the inflatable pig, perhaps ?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Sep 2018, 21:13

Rayge wrote:

:lol:

Dave's kinda dreamy, or was.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 24 Sep 2018, 21:28

Pink

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 24 Sep 2018, 21:42

Nick, as the archivist and contributor of all the special additions to box sets and such would be interesting.
I don't know whether Dave is aloof but its enjoy the Album Classics-interviews where he plays some of the riffs and just talks music- you can see that it is his comfort zone and reveals he has a good knowledge generally.
Roger for me is fascinating in so many aspects, from his political activism and world view to his consistent reassessment of the Floyd-legacy. Hard to believe that this contrary fucker has gone 70 and still looks like he can punch out people.
But Rick, with his incredibly talented and bottled-up genius, quiet but knowledgeable would be my choice. A terrible loss.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 24 Sep 2018, 21:47

all of them would have been wonderful to have a conversation with.
we see haters still hate.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Sep 2018, 21:59

I would have enjoyed popping around to Syd's Mum's with a cake. we could have gotten our heads shaved and avoided each others gaze. sounds like a good time.
uggy poopy doody.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 24 Sep 2018, 22:20

Dave, with a honey glaze and a stuffing made from hazelnuts, dates and apples pounded up him. Serve with a chilly Gewurztraminer.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 24 Sep 2018, 22:37

Hightea wrote:all of them would have been wonderful to have a conversation with.

A conversation about toy trains?

or the evils of capitalism?

Hightea wrote:we see haters still hate.

Fucking hell yeah!

THERE'LL BE NO PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 24 Sep 2018, 22:41

never/ever wrote:Nick, as the archivist and contributor of all the special additions to box sets and such would be interesting.
I don't know whether Dave is aloof but its enjoy the Album Classics-interviews where he plays some of the riffs and just talks music- you can see that it is his comfort zone and reveals he has a good knowledge generally.
Roger for me is fascinating in so many aspects, from his political activism and world view to his consistent reassessment of the Floyd-legacy. Hard to believe that this contrary fucker has gone 70 and still looks like he can punch out people.
But Rick, with his incredibly talented and bottled-up genius, quiet but knowledgeable would be my choice. A terrible loss.

It just goes to show, doesn't it? Get into rock and roll, get big, and people think you're cool no matter how big a cunt you are
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 24 Sep 2018, 22:48

NO!

they're all lovely fellas

lovely, interesting fellas who make really interesting music

Return to “Yakety Yak”