And Nothing Hurt - Spiritualized

Do talk back
Jimbly

And Nothing Hurt - Spiritualized

Postby Jimbly » 10 Sep 2018, 12:20

New album, doesn't really stray from his usual path, given its been 6 years since the last one its sounds a bit fresher than the last couple.

Although, apparently he's still wasted and damaged and looking for his Baby/Darling/Lord
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Re: And Nothing Hurt - Spiritualized

Postby ChrisB » 10 Sep 2018, 12:52

Jeemo wrote:Image

New album, doesn't really stray from his usual path, given its been 6 years since the last one its sounds a bit fresher than the last couple.

Although, apparently he's still wasted and damaged and looking for his Baby/Darling/Lord

I like it, but I like Spiritualized. However, it does sound like it could have been released 10 years ago. In a recent interview, Jason said something along the lines of " I've been accused of writing the same song throughout my career". Spiritualized in a nutshell, but the one song is pretty darn good.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 10 Sep 2018, 16:03

I read somewhere that this was going to be the last album under the Spiritualized-moniker.

It is indeed not far from previous efforts, still doesn't top Lazer Guided Melodies but it's a grower.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 10 Sep 2018, 17:32

slightbreeze wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Image

I like it, but I like Spiritualized. However, it does sound like it could have been released 10 years ago. In a recent interview, Jason said something along the lines of " I've been accused of writing the same song throughout my career". Spiritualized in a nutshell, but the one song is pretty darn good.

two songs, to be fair. the slow ones with the loud bits at the end, and the quicker ones with the feedback at the end.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 12 Oct 2018, 15:37

slightbreeze wrote:I like it, but I like Spiritualized. However, it does sound like it could have been released 10 years ago. In a recent interview, Jason said something along the lines of " I've been accused of writing the same song throughout my career". Spiritualized in a nutshell, but the one song is pretty darn good.

saw the live show of the whole album last night in Brooklyn. Spaceman's comment is pretty much how we feel about the band. I think the new album does have some merits mostly in the end of song jams and several songs do have a nice simple melody with a hook or two.

Even if its all the same we do like the live show with a 25 piece band and choir.

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 12 Oct 2018, 17:00

I was disappointed, I must say.
Weakest of the post-LAGWAFIS albums by a margin.

Graham Murakami

Postby Graham Murakami » 13 Oct 2018, 09:16

I thought it was the best since Ladies and Gentlemen... I have certainly played it more than the others.

It seemed like he did what we all wanted really and just did LAGWAFIS II.

Return to “Yakety Yak”