And Nothing Hurt - Spiritualized

Do talk back
Jeemo

And Nothing Hurt - Spiritualized

Postby Jeemo » 10 Sep 2018, 12:20

New album, doesn't really stray from his usual path, given its been 6 years since the last one its sounds a bit fresher than the last couple.

Although, apparently he's still wasted and damaged and looking for his Baby/Darling/Lord
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Re: And Nothing Hurt - Spiritualized

Postby slightbreeze » 10 Sep 2018, 12:52

Jeemo wrote:Image

New album, doesn't really stray from his usual path, given its been 6 years since the last one its sounds a bit fresher than the last couple.

Although, apparently he's still wasted and damaged and looking for his Baby/Darling/Lord

I like it, but I like Spiritualized. However, it does sound like it could have been released 10 years ago. In a recent interview, Jason said something along the lines of " I've been accused of writing the same song throughout my career". Spiritualized in a nutshell, but the one song is pretty darn good.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 10 Sep 2018, 16:03

I read somewhere that this was going to be the last album under the Spiritualized-moniker.

It is indeed not far from previous efforts, still doesn't top Lazer Guided Melodies but it's a grower.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 10 Sep 2018, 17:32

slightbreeze wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Image

I like it, but I like Spiritualized. However, it does sound like it could have been released 10 years ago. In a recent interview, Jason said something along the lines of " I've been accused of writing the same song throughout my career". Spiritualized in a nutshell, but the one song is pretty darn good.

two songs, to be fair. the slow ones with the loud bits at the end, and the quicker ones with the feedback at the end.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.