50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Do talk back
User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 2799
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 03 Aug 2018, 08:19

Didn't think this would ever happen but Colin and Terry are playing four dates in Swindon (Oct 29th - Nov 1st) with more dates the following month possibly.

My money is on Andy and Dave turning up at some point as well.

http://wearecult.rocks/xtcs-colin-mould ... e-uk-shows

Tremendous.
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15852
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Aug 2018, 17:34

Wow I would LOVE to be there for that!
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

User avatar
Revolver
Posts: 126
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 21:34

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Revolver » 03 Aug 2018, 20:54

Tom Waits For No One wrote:Didn't think this would ever happen but Colin and Terry are playing four dates in Swindon (Oct 29th - Nov 1st) with more dates the following month possibly.

My money is on Andy and Dave turning up at some point as well.

http://wearecult.rocks/xtcs-colin-mould ... e-uk-shows

Tremendous.


Unfortunately I'd be amazed if Andy turns up. He and Colin fell out in a big way some time back.

AP has said on Twitter he won't be going - but maybe it's a typically Partridge bit of misdirection.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 1257
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Hightea » 03 Aug 2018, 21:41

yummy! love to see this!

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15852
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Aug 2018, 22:32

I think if Andy was too freaked out to perform when he was contracted and paid to do so, he is not likely to get up there "just for laughs."

Although I did often wish they would do a sort of one-time live concert when they did a new album, have em play live in studio and broadcast it or sell it as a VHS tape. Then you could have live versions of those songs. They did play live on US radio stations to promote Oranges & Lemons. Why not up the game a little?

Oh well.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52842
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Aug 2018, 00:35

Revolver wrote:Unfortunately I'd be amazed if Andy turns up. He and Colin fell out in a big way some time back.

That's sad to hear; I wasn't aware.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 1257
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Hightea » 04 Aug 2018, 00:53

Snarfyguy wrote:
Revolver wrote:Unfortunately I'd be amazed if Andy turns up. He and Colin fell out in a big way some time back.

That's sad to hear; I wasn't aware.


I didn't know this either. :cry:

User avatar
borofan
Posts: 3120
Joined: 29 Jul 2003, 21:17
Location: Lost in translation

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby borofan » 04 Aug 2018, 18:09

Revolver wrote:
Tom Waits For No One wrote:Didn't think this would ever happen but Colin and Terry are playing four dates in Swindon (Oct 29th - Nov 1st) with more dates the following month possibly.

My money is on Andy and Dave turning up at some point as well.

http://wearecult.rocks/xtcs-colin-mould ... e-uk-shows

Tremendous.


Unfortunately I'd be amazed if Andy turns up. He and Colin fell out in a big way some time back.

AP has said on Twitter he won't be going - but maybe it's a typically Partridge bit of misdirection.

No misdirection from AP - Colin has made it clear he wants nothing to do with Andy. When the TC & I EP was released, Colin refused point blank to allow Andy to hear it before release.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

User avatar
Revolver
Posts: 126
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 21:34

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Revolver » 04 Aug 2018, 20:47

borofan wrote:
Revolver wrote:
Tom Waits For No One wrote:Didn't think this would ever happen but Colin and Terry are playing four dates in Swindon (Oct 29th - Nov 1st) with more dates the following month possibly.

My money is on Andy and Dave turning up at some point as well.

http://wearecult.rocks/xtcs-colin-mould ... e-uk-shows

Tremendous.


Unfortunately I'd be amazed if Andy turns up. He and Colin fell out in a big way some time back.

AP has said on Twitter he won't be going - but maybe it's a typically Partridge bit of misdirection.

No misdirection from AP - Colin has made it clear he wants nothing to do with Andy. When the TC & I EP was released, Colin refused point blank to allow Andy to hear it before release.


Ah yes, I forgot that. I'm not sure we ever fully got to the bottom of why they fell out. I think it was something to with what turned into the Fuzzy Warble series. But I don't think ever been told properly.

I think it's very sad. I have no real expectation of any new XTC, but I just think it's sad 2 people who obviously got on so well don't get on at all

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 46820
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Quaco » 04 Aug 2018, 21:11

I always assumed that AP is a lot to take, that CM finally had had enough of him. But maybe it's something specific.

Best of luck to CM and TC. I'd drive a couple hours to see that -- more if I knew they'd play "Bungalow" or "The Affiliated"! Not super-impressed with the "Scatter Me" track, though it's better than recent thoughtful McCartney, to choose one thing in the same vein. Actually, is it continues to play, it's winning me over. The main quibble I have with it is technical: the piano sounds programmed. (Same problem I have with parts of Nonsuch.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Mike Boom
Posts: 2681
Joined: 02 Sep 2005, 03:49

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Mike Boom » 04 Aug 2018, 21:47

Quaco wrote:more if I knew they'd play "Bungalow"

One of their very best - what a track , truly a strange song.

Quaco wrote:The main quibble I have with it is technical: the piano sounds programmed. (Same problem I have with parts of Nonsuch.)

Yeah, Ive never liked that piano sound either - but it doesn't bug me overly.

I'm sure a little Andy probably goes a long way - http://tonightthestreetsarefulloftractors.blogspot.com/2010/12/oh-jesus-id-never-called-my-mother-cunt.html

Has anyone heard his new cover of Apples and Oranges ?

https://burningshed.com/andy-partridge_apples-and-oranges_humanoid-boogie_vinyl

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 17397
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby trans-chigley express » 07 Aug 2018, 05:43

Nice little interview with Colin Moulding about the project and XTC in general
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8046313/colin-moulding-xtc-tci-interview

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 38084
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Aug 2018, 03:26

Apple Venus on vinyl reissue ALERT

https://burningshed.com/xtc_wasp-star-a ... egory=true

I pre-ordered both and should probably have my head examined.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 2799
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 11 Aug 2018, 11:26

Count Machuki wrote:Apple Venus on vinyl reissue ALERT

https://burningshed.com/xtc_wasp-star-a ... egory=true

I pre-ordered both and should probably have my head examined.


Great news for your pocket. You can now get AV and WS on vinyl without paying a small mortgage.

Now if only Andy could get Nonsuch rereleased on vinyl....
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

User avatar
Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs
Posts: 10278
Joined: 07 Sep 2004, 16:52
Location: Presently Shattering the Illusion of Integrity
Contact:

Re: 50% of XTC Live! - TC&I in Swindon

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 19 Aug 2018, 00:58

bump
But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.