Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Do talk back
User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8138
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 06 Jul 2018, 21:09

Probably their second most beautiful song. I think we all know the first... "What song is it you wanna hear?"
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6601
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 06 Jul 2018, 21:09

Nancy wrote:Cheers to you and yours, J/J!





Thank you!



Tuesday's Gone just sways majestically along, huge smooth waves of sound.
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34765
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 06 Jul 2018, 21:10

Nancy wrote:Such beautiful piano and keyboard work. Long live Billy Powell!


forsooth

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8138
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 06 Jul 2018, 21:11

Such a stunning debut album, one of the best ever. How do you argue with the album that closes with Free Bird?
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 06 Jul 2018, 21:12

evening/afternoon all

Sorry for being late

What an album?





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34765
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 06 Jul 2018, 21:12

John aka Josh wrote:
Nancy wrote:Cheers to you and yours, J/J!





Thank you!



Tuesday's Gone just sways majestically along, huge smooth waves of sound.


indeed! it is majestic and beautiful and epic. so fucquin well-done.

and nowww... mwhahahaa whooooooooo

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6601
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 06 Jul 2018, 21:12

Nancy wrote:Probably their second most beautiful song. I think we all know the first... "What song is it you wanna hear?"






Yes.







This album was huge in my school - we had a couple of good ol boys join us - great guitarists both - they bought the album into school and it rapidly became a firm favourite in the sixth form common room. Hazy, blissful days.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 06 Jul 2018, 21:12

John aka Josh wrote:
Tuesday's Gone just sways majestically along, huge smooth waves of sound.


Sheer beauty




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8138
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 06 Jul 2018, 21:13

Evening, C!!!!!

SKYNYRD!!!!!
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34765
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 06 Jul 2018, 21:13

C wrote:evening/afternoon all

Sorry for being late

What an album?





.


it is a great damn album, it is. it moves me. and then it moves my arse/ass.

i said excuse meeee

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6601
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 06 Jul 2018, 21:14

C wrote:evening/afternoon all

Sorry for being late

What an album?





.




The gang's all here!



Hope you have suitable cooling refreshment at hand.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 06 Jul 2018, 21:14

Beautiful piano

and that mellotron - soars in the sky






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 06 Jul 2018, 21:14

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:evening/afternoon all

Sorry for being late

What an album?





.




The gang's all here!



Hope you have suitable cooling refreshment at hand.


LET'S ROCK!!





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8138
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 06 Jul 2018, 21:15

They have always had killer guitar players.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6601
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 06 Jul 2018, 21:15

A song to strut to.


Something about the rhythm is just spot on.






A little bit of cowbell?
Image

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8138
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 06 Jul 2018, 21:16

Another timeless, beautiful classic.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34765
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 06 Jul 2018, 21:16

John aka Josh wrote:
Nancy wrote:Probably their second most beautiful song. I think we all know the first... "What song is it you wanna hear?"






Yes.







This album was huge in my school - we had a couple of good ol boys join us - great guitarists both - they bought the album into school and it rapidly became a firm favourite in the sixth form common room. Hazy, blissful days.


that's just excellent.

it went over huuuuuuuuuuuge in my neck of the swamp. mwhahahaha.

the truth is, it's such a great album, all the way around. and a DEBUT. boggles the mind.

now, simple man. snifff

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8138
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 06 Jul 2018, 21:17

You can hear all the country vocalists Ronnie grew up listening to in his vocals on this song.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 06 Jul 2018, 21:18

Nancy wrote:They have always had killer guitar players.


Absolutely


Skynyrd's guiatr work on all albums is exemplary





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34765
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Friday 6th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 06 Jul 2018, 21:19

C wrote:
Nancy wrote:They have always had killer guitar players.


Absolutely


Skynyrd's guiatr work on all albums is exemplary





.


it's true. gweetarage is so wicked and deep