Do talk back
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- DRUGS SNAKE
- hounds people off the board
- Posts: 19231
- Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
- Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store
One of the NME's key players for a couple of decades, compiler of the legendary C81 and C86 cassettes, and the author of a couple of decent rock tomes you could well have in your collection...
Ghost of Harry Smith wrote:I have no idea what this thread is trying to achieve.
- gash’s trollish obsession
- wannabee enfant terrible
- Posts: 16990
- Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
- Location: down the rabbit hole
NME leg end. I remember him saying that the first time he heard 1969 he was in a helicopter flying over the Woodstock crowd below.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?
- Power-mad king of the WCC
- Posts: 27474
- Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
- Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'
Yeah, I definitely had that Beatles book as one of my very first music-related books. I think I had the Bowie one too. Didn't necessarily agree with all his opinions, but I liked how concisely he managed to blend critical thought and fact without it ever seeming overly stodgy or arrogant. He was the perfect "moderate" in a pretty intemperate era.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.
1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!