Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Do talk back

BS?

Great
22
56%
Good
5
13%
OK
5
13%
Meh
4
10%
Crap
3
8%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16768
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 Jun 2018, 15:17

:|
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22996
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby Deebank » 15 Jun 2018, 15:38

Fonz wrote:
Deebank wrote:ANd did you know, that it's Bob Holnes on sax!


Nonsense


:o Say it ain't so!
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Dayodead
Posts: 486
Joined: 15 May 2015, 21:39
Location: West Los Angeles

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby Dayodead » 15 Jun 2018, 17:02

Yikes....this is a bizarro poll....

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62564
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Jun 2018, 21:52

Meh.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 16975
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby pcqgod » 15 Jun 2018, 22:02

I dig it.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27248
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Jun 2018, 22:12

I went with good. The hook is undeniable, as is the world-weary lyrics/voice and the screamy guitar, but in the end there's also no denying its slickness.

As clean/sterile hits go, it's pretty high standard. But it's a clean/sterile hit.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16768
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 Jun 2018, 22:51

There’s plenty of life and movement in it, I don’t hear it as sterile at all.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby jimboo » 15 Jun 2018, 22:58

Apparently magnolia looks nice on the wall. Ffs bcb. IT IS UTTER PEBBLE MILL AT ONE SMASHY AND NICEY POPTASTIC BOLLOCKS. Come on people , you wouldn't even piss on this twenty years ago . It's ponce pop.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 15 Jun 2018, 23:00

:)

OH JIMB
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16768
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 Jun 2018, 23:04

WELL IT’S CERTAINLY NO NEKO CASE
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby jimboo » 15 Jun 2018, 23:13

Honestly darlings , taste is not wot it used to be. Rose tinted and mediocre. What happens when we long for comfy slippers instead of running over hot coals.

It is , music for an advert . How anyone can not see Baker St as anything other than beige blancmange on a plate , needs to go to the offers page in the Daily Mail and order some elastic wasted slacks (available in three colours ) .
For people who miss Hepworths.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 15 Jun 2018, 23:14

:lol:
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16768
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 Jun 2018, 23:15

Fucking beatnik.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby jimboo » 15 Jun 2018, 23:16

Road to hell anyone? oh yeah , edgy, with a real message too! Great guitar work , puts knopfler to shame.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16768
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 Jun 2018, 23:18

Not the same.

Fool If You Think It’s Over though 8-)
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby jimboo » 15 Jun 2018, 23:21

gash on ignore wrote:Fucking beatnik.


Finest compliment I have had in years.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16768
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 Jun 2018, 23:22

I got called it once, finest day of my life.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


Bent Fabric
Posts: 2754
Joined: 22 Jul 2014, 21:38

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby Bent Fabric » 16 Jun 2018, 00:04

toomanyhatz wrote:I went with good. The hook is undeniable, as is the world-weary lyrics/voice and the screamy guitar, but in the end there's also no denying its slickness.

As clean/sterile hits go, it's pretty high standard. But it's a clean/sterile hit.


Couldn't we just freshen it up with a couple of bum notes?

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16768
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 16 Jun 2018, 00:15

Mmm, I like it but how about you go again with a Tubes feel
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27248
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street: Yea or Nay?

Postby toomanyhatz » 16 Jun 2018, 00:23

Bent Fabric wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I went with good. The hook is undeniable, as is the world-weary lyrics/voice and the screamy guitar, but in the end there's also no denying its slickness.

As clean/sterile hits go, it's pretty high standard. But it's a clean/sterile hit.


Couldn't we just freshen it up with a couple of bum notes?


My band did that. It worked! :D
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!