Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Do talk back
User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6581
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 08 Jun 2018, 21:10

kath wrote:

i am hearing it and it is kickarse/kickass. it's a shame i never heard any of this at the time. kinda psych-fursian, if i'm linkin it to something i knew in college.

cheers and back at.




I was fortunate enough to hear it at the time - I think I was at the Teardrops' first ever gig at Eric's (Liverpool). They were my second favourite Liverpool band of the time.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:10

Julian is certainly a madcap.

Some of his solo albums (of which I have virtually all of them) are astonishing!

Image





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34729
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby kath » 08 Jun 2018, 21:10

John aka Josh wrote:After last week's shenanigans I'm delighted to be playing vinyl.


Love the sounds on this record.


mwhahaha, last week's shenanigans...

i am loving these sounds, tutu. making me bouncebouncebounce.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:11

Image




>
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6581
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 08 Jun 2018, 21:12

Nancy wrote:C! J/J!

Happy weekend.

Very interesting keyboard textures. I like it.





Yes, the textures created throughout are wonderful, really love the artless childlike 'la's' at the end of Seven Views.


Now a choppy guitar to intro to Pure Joy.

They have a great knack for blending so many different inspirations.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:13

JJ- did you see them live/?


.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34729
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby kath » 08 Jun 2018, 21:13

John aka Josh wrote:
kath wrote:

i am hearing it and it is kickarse/kickass. it's a shame i never heard any of this at the time. kinda psych-fursian, if i'm linkin it to something i knew in college.

cheers and back at.




I was fortunate enough to hear it at the time - I think I was at the Teardrops' first ever gig at Eric's (Liverpool). They were my second favourite Liverpool band of the time.


i would've gone batty for this stuff back then, but my exposure was so limited. in 81, i started college, MTV started, and my brother was alt-deejay at tulane. my exposure (limited as it was) went through the roof. well for me. mwhahahaha.

i have never heard this, but i love it and it takes me back anyway.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:14

For what it is worth, this is one of my fave solo Julian albums:

Image






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34729
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby kath » 08 Jun 2018, 21:15

John aka Josh wrote:
Nancy wrote:C! J/J!

Happy weekend.

Very interesting keyboard textures. I like it.





Yes, the textures created throughout are wonderful, really love the artless childlike 'la's' at the end of Seven Views.


Now a choppy guitar to intro to Pure Joy.

They have a great knack for blending so many different inspirations.

great la's, and then choppy gweetar, horns. it's a great mix.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8123
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 08 Jun 2018, 21:15

C wrote:Image




>


Well, that explains a few of the things I read on Wikipedia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:16

The Culture Bunker


ooooooooooooooof!




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6581
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 08 Jun 2018, 21:16

C wrote:JJ- did you see them live/?


.





A few times, all at Eric's, including I think their first ever performance as the Teardrops. It's a bit of haze!
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:17

Full of music

A delightful mix of sounds and textures





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8123
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 08 Jun 2018, 21:17

Does he still do any TE material live or does he stick to his solo work?
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:17

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:JJ- did you see them live/?


.





A few times, all at Eric's, including I think their first ever performance as the Teardrops. It's a bit of haze!


Nice!

I managed to see them thrice



.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8123
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 08 Jun 2018, 21:17

He has a wonderful voice.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6581
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 08 Jun 2018, 21:18

C wrote:The Culture Bunker


ooooooooooooooof!




.



I'm a Turner sky
And I look from above
It's all right for now
But how do I get down?
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34729
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby kath » 08 Jun 2018, 21:19

C wrote:The Culture Bunker


ooooooooooooooof!




.



i just love the feel here. that beat, the gweetar sound, the layering of great punctuating effects, so many tidbits thrown in that are freaky in a great way... bouncin around but with these bendy moments.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34729
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby kath » 08 Jun 2018, 21:20

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:The Culture Bunker


ooooooooooooooof!




.



I'm a Turner sky
And I look from above
It's all right for now
But how do I get down?


a turner sky, ooooooof

i might hafta have a flashback now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Teardrop Explodes - Friday 8th June @ 9pm

Postby C » 08 Jun 2018, 21:20

Nancy wrote:Does he still do any TE material live or does he stick to his solo work?


Yes - coincidentally the track now playing still crops up regularly

[He has such a massive catalogue of solo material!!]




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x