Say Something Musically Controversial

Do talk back
User avatar
fange
Posts: 11985
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby fange » 15 May 2018, 11:54

Diamond Dog wrote:
fange wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Roxy Music were better after they re-formed.

Oof. Now that's controversial. You really think so? Give us an example of why you say so, DD.


I don't actually believe it, Fange!! :lol:

:lol:

I thought the point was to say something you actually believed!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman
Posts: 17720
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: Unrecognized Genius, Me.

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 May 2018, 12:32

Quaco wrote:
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman wrote:The Village People blew The Four Tops

It was the '70s. I wouldn't be surprised


:lol:

Superb.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

User avatar
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman
Posts: 17720
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: Unrecognized Genius, Me.

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 May 2018, 12:35

Goat Boy wrote:reggae is boring


Q.E.D.:

On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 12:56

Bowie wouldn't be as big if it wasn't for Eno.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 45973
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby The Slider » 16 May 2018, 10:11

Dr Markus wrote:Bowie wouldn't be as big if it wasn't for Eno.


He didn't work with Eno until 1976 by which time he was already a globe buggering behemoth.
It says 'say something controversial' not ' say something demonstrably untrue'
David Bowie Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one
Image

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Dr Markus » 16 May 2018, 10:43

Image
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 45973
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby The Slider » 16 May 2018, 10:47

:lol:
David Bowie Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one
Image

User avatar
Tactful Cactus
Posts: 18058
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 14:21
Location: by your window

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Tactful Cactus » 16 May 2018, 13:16

The Slider wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Bowie wouldn't be as big if it wasn't for Eno.


He didn't work with Eno until 1976 by which time he was already a globe buggering behemoth.
It says 'say something controversial' not ' say something demonstrably untrue'


Eno wouldn't be as big without Bowie however is demonstrably true. He built his 80's production career on Berlin Bowie.

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 17065
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby trans-chigley express » 16 May 2018, 14:52

fange wrote:
I thought the point was to say something you actually believed!


I have great taste in music

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 1097
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Hightea » 16 May 2018, 14:58

the punk movement had nothing to do with excess prog or excess other rock bands.
Punk was a separate movement that came from 1960's garage rock and other "proto-punk" bands.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65425
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 May 2018, 15:21

From October '78 to October '80 The Jam were the greatest singles band on the planet.

Tube Station
Strange Town
When You're Young
Eton Rifles
Going Underground/Dreams Of Children
Start
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.


gash on ignore, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16066
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby gash on ignore » 16 May 2018, 15:45

Blondie wants a word.

Picture This (ok August)
Hanging on the Telephone
Heart of Glass
Sunday Girl
Dreaming
Union City Blue
Call Me
Atomic
The Tide is High
Diamond Dog wrote:
That's it.

I've taken the decision.

I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.



Diamond Dog wrote:Bit embarrassed, are we? Try to make light of it, shall we?


User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16066
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby gash on ignore » 16 May 2018, 15:49

Bowie/Eno? Mutually helpful I reckon - Eno helped Bowie reposition himself as (post) Punk relevant, Bowie helped Eno become producer to the hip.
Diamond Dog wrote:
That's it.

I've taken the decision.

I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.



Diamond Dog wrote:Bit embarrassed, are we? Try to make light of it, shall we?


User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16066
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby gash on ignore » 16 May 2018, 15:51

The Police’s singles are none too shabby either.
Diamond Dog wrote:
That's it.

I've taken the decision.

I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.



Diamond Dog wrote:Bit embarrassed, are we? Try to make light of it, shall we?


User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65425
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 May 2018, 16:25

Diamond Dog wrote:From October '78 to October '80 The Jam were the greatest singles band on the planet.

Tube Station
Strange Town
When You're Young
Eton Rifles
Going Underground/Dreams Of Children
Start



...Although Costello may like an invite :

Radio Radio
Oliver's Army
Accidents Will Happen
I Can't Stand Up...
High Fidelity
New Amsterdam.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.


gash on ignore, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 826
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Robert » 16 May 2018, 18:32

Costello’s version of Shipbuilding is way better than
Wyatt’s.

User avatar
fange
Posts: 11985
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby fange » 17 May 2018, 00:21

trans-chigley express wrote:
fange wrote:
I thought the point was to say something you actually believed!


I have great taste in music

Controversial! :)
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20477
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Jeemo » 17 May 2018, 09:04

Early singles by The Who are overrated.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 22838
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Toby » 17 May 2018, 10:31

Can didn't get going until 1972.

User avatar
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman
Posts: 17720
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: Unrecognized Genius, Me.

Re: Say Something Musically Controversial

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 17 May 2018, 13:49

All so-called 'progress' in popular music came to a halt in 1980.

All that followed has been an ever thinner and blander, endlessly re-configured and re-combined, postscript, actually it is an epitaph of sorts.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.