Lennon on 'fame'

Do talk back
User avatar
goldstoned
Posts: 510
Joined: 16 Nov 2003, 15:31
Location: berlin
Contact:

Lennon on 'fame'

Postby goldstoned » 11 Apr 2018, 17:13

Riding through the park with young americans on headphones i just noticed the sweetest thing: on fame you can hear a shrill little cry in the background of lennon overwhelmed by the sheer funkiness of the song. It's at 1:23 mins. Took me 35 years to notice

User avatar
Tactful Cactus
Posts: 18072
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 14:21
Location: by your window

Re: Lennon on 'fame'

Postby Tactful Cactus » 11 Apr 2018, 18:37

goldstoned wrote:Riding through the park with young americans on headphones i just noticed the sweetest thing: on fame you can hear a shrill little cry in the background of lennon overwhelmed by the sheer funkiness of the song. It's at 1:23 mins. Took me 35 years to notice


Wow well spotted. I could just barely hear it. Is it John? There's also an audible Whuh! at 1:35 but that's DB

User avatar
Wally Bingbang
Long Player
Posts: 39737
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Lennon on 'fame'

Postby Wally Bingbang » 11 Apr 2018, 19:56

I think we've had a thread documenting little moments like that in various songs. I love hearing impromptu shouting, exclamations, etc. done during recordings. Stuff like that can really bring a recording to life.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
goldstoned
Posts: 510
Joined: 16 Nov 2003, 15:31
Location: berlin
Contact:

Re: Lennon on 'fame'

Postby goldstoned » 11 Apr 2018, 20:34

I'm quite sure it's him...the falsetto noises he enthusiastically ad libs at the very end of starting over (that's just one that comes to mind) at 3:36mins

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 11417
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Lennon on 'fame'

Postby The Modernist » 11 Apr 2018, 21:53

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I think we've had a thread documenting little moments like that in various songs. I love hearing impromptu shouting, exclamations, etc. done during recordings. Stuff like that can really bring a recording to life.


WOOO!

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: Lennon on 'fame'

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2018, 00:33

The Modernist wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:I think we've had a thread documenting little moments like that in various songs. I love hearing impromptu shouting, exclamations, etc. done during recordings. Stuff like that can really bring a recording to life.


WOOO!


:lol:

Song, not song thread.

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: Lennon on 'fame'

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2018, 00:33

.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 12 Apr 2018, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: Lennon on 'fame'

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2018, 00:33

.