10cc - am I missing anything....?

Do talk back
User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10145
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: 10cc - am I missing anything....?

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 11 Mar 2018, 17:16

soundchaser wrote:I would like to have heard the original side long One Night In Paris: I always liked that one.

?
Tell me more!
Side long? Never heard of....
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8022
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: 10cc - am I missing anything....?

Postby soundchaser » 11 Mar 2018, 17:41

ConnyOlivetti wrote:
soundchaser wrote:I would like to have heard the original side long One Night In Paris: I always liked that one.

?
Tell me more!
Side long? Never heard of....


It’s just what I remember reading at the time. Godley & Creme, originally wrote a 20 misuse suite, but Goldman Stewart insisted on trimming it down. My memory might be playing tricks, but I don’t think so.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10145
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: 10cc - am I missing anything....?

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 11 Mar 2018, 18:05

soundchaser wrote:
ConnyOlivetti wrote:
soundchaser wrote:I would like to have heard the original side long One Night In Paris: I always liked that one.

?
Tell me more!
Side long? Never heard of....


It’s just what I remember reading at the time. Godley & Creme, originally wrote a 20 misuse suite, but Goldman Stewart insisted on trimming it down. My memory might be playing tricks, but I don’t think so.

Interesting for sure!
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 2961
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: 10cc - am I missing anything....?

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 11 Mar 2018, 19:53

For those in the UK (or those with access to BBC4) this is on tonight at 23.30

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06r14pr

I'm Not in Love, the original members of 10cc - Graham Gouldman, Eric Stewart, Kevin Godley and Lol Creme - reunite to tell their story. The documentary shares the secrets to some of their most successful records, from the writing and the recording to the tours and the tensions.
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10145
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: 10cc - am I missing anything....?

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 11 Mar 2018, 19:59

Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47037
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: 10cc - am I missing anything....?

Postby Quaco » 11 Mar 2018, 21:09

ConnyOlivetti wrote:

This is great! I've wished for something like this for a long time. The only complaint is that there obviously wasn't enough time to look at some of the other songs as much as they did "I'm Not in Love". I'd love to hear 20 minutes each on "One Night in Paris", "I'm Mandy Fly Me", "Don't Hang Up", and a good 10 others.

Best quote is from Godley: "If I had my time over again ... I probably did too much talking and not enough strangling."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -