LZ
43%
TS
57%

Total votes: 58

Tom Waits For No One

Re: Led Zeppelin vs The Smiths

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 14 Feb 2018, 19:02

Sneelock wrote:[quote="Snarfyguy”]I'd choose a glass of orange juice over Deep Purple's entire catalogue.

(Sneelock jumps on the coffee table in his cotton briefs and sings into his hairbrush)

MAH WOMAN FROM TOKE-AY-YO!!![/quote]

Give a shit or be a shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Feb 2018, 19:23

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
Sneelock wrote:[quote="Snarfyguy”]I'd choose a glass of orange juice over Deep Purple's entire catalogue.

(Sneelock jumps on the coffee table in his cotton briefs and sings into his hairbrush)

MAH WOMAN FROM TOKE-AY-YO!!![/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

You got chocolate in my peanut butter. . .

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 01 Mar 2018, 20:12

These results are gratifying.

Of course they're not representative of the 'outside world' in the slightest.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 01 Mar 2018, 21:48

Very Stable Baron wrote:Had I grown up in the UK in the 80s, it would obviously be The Smiths. That’s not how it happened, though. So it’s LZ.

In my case, I got into them backwards. I wasn't that impressed by Zeppelin as a teenager. It may have been because it was the music of my "enemies", the people who gave me shit for liking the Clash or Roxy Music. When I was twenty, I finally started listening to AC/DC, Zep, Sabbath and Van Halen, having already been through hardcore punk and pigfuck noise terror or whatever you'd call it. Some of my other friends were going through the same thing, ww were turning off the Butthole Surfers bootlegs for a minute and really getting into Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid in 1988-89.

But I loved the Smiths in their time, got Queen Is Dead when it was the much anticipated new album and bought the rest as soon as they came out. They really spoke to me.

And today, I occasionally listen to Zep but almost never to the Smiths.

I did play on the same bill as a Smiths tribute act once, and really enjoyed their set for the first half hour, and then found I had to get the hell outta there.

Maybe Smiths music subtly brings back those teenage feelings that I don't really want to feel again. But you would think the Who or Husker Du would do the same thing, and I listen to them all the time.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Return to “Yakety Yak”