Violent Femmes
9%

Total votes: 43

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: five more self-titled debut albums

Postby Matt Wilson » 16 Jan 2018, 23:56

Copehead wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:And you've proved nothing either. You act as if most rock bands are influenced by Diamond Head - when no one outside the metal world even knows who they are. Metallica themselves influence no one outside the metal world either for your information. And it's metal itself which is the sub genre - that's all you can talk about. You've failed to mention even one band outside of Metallica in any of your 'points.' Your 'pea shooter' and 'gun fight' imagery suggests that, like I alluded to earlier, you truly believe you've laid out a point-by-point illustration of how Diamond Head are more influential than Van Halen - yet you've not named one band who actually sounds like Diamond Head - because it certainly isn't Metallica.

Well that is me shown; silly me for taking Metallica's word that Diamond Head were their seminal influence, I should have listened to Matt Wilson saying they weren't.

There is no point talking about bands outside Metallica because most of them are like Metallica: they dress the same, play a similar style of riffing hard rock, and go for the same sort of image.

And until you can name one current rock band talking about or sounding like Van Halen then it is 1:0 to me and I don't really need to bring up anyone else.

But it is nice you hold a flame for them, perhaps their day will come again, I sincerely hope not.

This isn't an outlandish or oddball thesis: it is self evident that no one in the modern rock scene is running around doing split kicks in purple leggings and mile high hair while shredding a wibbly guitar solo over pop metal.

They all wear black and play riff heavy rock music.

This is what I mean by you don't comprehend simple things. Please show me where I said Diamond Head weren't Metallica's main influence? What you fail to grasp is..........so what? What does that prove? Who says (besides you that is), that Metallica is the biggest rock band of the past 25 years? Did they influence grunge, hip hop or even Britpop? Of course not. Please try to respond to this so as not to seem like a fool. Metallica are only a metal band and no one cares about them save headbangers.

Your second point only refers to metal. Kinda like all of your points. It seems to be all you can converse about - despite trying to say this has nothing to do with metal.

You haven't named one current rock band who talks about Diamond Head. Metallica have been around for over thirty years now. Has this fact escaped you? Of course it has, silly question. In fact - your entire argument about the importance of Diamond Head centers on Metallica - as if that means anything to anyone save you.

It's nice you hold a flame for Diamond Head, but you seem to be the only one here who does. Start a Diamond Head vs Van Halen thread and see who agrees with you.

And Copehead, I've got news for you - very few people care about 'the modern rock scene.' No one save middle aged men arguing on the internet that is. Kids today care about pop and hip hop - and no one in those worlds has ever heard about Diamond Head. Go and google most influential guitar players in rock and see how many times Eddie appears, then see how many times Brian Tatler shows up. No, I didn't think you'd go for that. Your thesis would go up in smoke in an instant... :lol:

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Jan 2018, 04:07

Matt Wilson wrote:You come from the school of Davey when it comes to arguing. One where you tell yourself that you're correct and you've made good points to prove your thesis. Your opponent, if that's what you want to call it, has been proved a fool and you've annihilated him with your profound and articulate illustrations.

Matt...nice to see you branching out. It was a waste of your talents back when you were acting like a bellicose ass-nugget to only one person at a time.

Well done!
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 17 Jan 2018, 08:57

:lol: :lol:
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 17 Jan 2018, 17:15

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:You come from the school of Davey when it comes to arguing. One where you tell yourself that you're correct and you've made good points to prove your thesis. Your opponent, if that's what you want to call it, has been proved a fool and you've annihilated him with your profound and articulate illustrations.

Matt...nice to see you branching out. It was a waste of your talents back when you were acting like a bellicose ass-nugget to only one person at a time.

Well done!

I wanted to attain the heights you used to effortlessly climb to when you were bellowing against half of the forum in your God threads, Todd. Your idiocracy a sterling example of hubris and narcissism. I've a long way to go, fortunately.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Jan 2018, 18:19

Well don’t get ahead of yourself Matt. You’re well suited for any endeavor that calls for impotent aggression. But anything requiring brains might be beyond you.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 17 Jan 2018, 18:25

Well, I know you're a moron, Lawrence - so I can't be that dumb!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Jan 2018, 18:28

Wow...you’re really bad at this! :o

Amazing given how much time you spend in online pissing matches!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 17 Jan 2018, 18:30

And you're good at it? Hmm... Maybe I got it wrong - maybe it's you who comes from the Copehead school of Buffoonery and not the other way around.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Jan 2018, 19:00

Copehead and I are opening up a school together. Our mascot will be “The Fighting Drunken Anal Chugger!”

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 17 Jan 2018, 19:06

:lol:

Sloop just couldn't shut up about that one for years..

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Jan 2018, 21:26

Someone let me know when it gets to "double dog dare" status.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 18 Jan 2018, 18:47

Van Halen and Love -- both great. The VH album is wonderful and needs little explanation. The Love album's charms are a little more hidden and/or it is overshadowed by the next couple albums. Pachuco soul adjacent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -