Prog Synch Listen: We read the Writing On The Wall

Do talk back
User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8243
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Prog Synch Listen: We read the Writing On The Wall

Postby Nancy » 05 Jan 2018, 21:49

Please join us next week for some loud Scottish goodness:

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Nancy on 14 Jan 2018, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50249
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby C » 07 Jan 2018, 10:24

The latest remaster (2007) is a 2 cd job and the two tracks attached to CD1 are very good and should be included.

These two plus others including buffalo (onCD2) were part of the unreleased second album.

Then there is some pre-Writing stuff recorded live which isn't very good.

Notwithstanding, there is still plenty to enjoy






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50249
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby C » 11 Jan 2018, 10:10

C wrote:The latest remaster (2007) is a 2 cd job and the two tracks attached to CD1 are very good and should be included.

These two plus others including buffalo (onCD2) were part of the unreleased second album.

Then there is some pre-Writing stuff recorded live which isn't very good.

Notwithstanding, there is still plenty to enjoy


.


Tomorrow





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50249
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby C » 12 Jan 2018, 10:12

today



.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34956
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby kath » 12 Jan 2018, 20:43

gearin up.

already ready, in fact.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8243
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 12 Jan 2018, 20:58

Looking forward to this. Snippets from Spotify while setting up playback sounded doomy and gloomy.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34956
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby kath » 12 Jan 2018, 20:59

i just told reap that i think i remember this album in the dim recesses of my mind.

his reply: "do you have any non-dim recesses in yer mind?"

he is in a mood. we shall see if he survives this mood unscathed.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8243
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 12 Jan 2018, 20:59

kath wrote:i just told reap that i think i remember this album in the dim recesses of my mind.

his reply: "do you have any non-dim recesses in yer mind?"

he is in a mood. we shall see if he survives this mood unscathed.


Corinna, let's go a-scathing.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34956
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby kath » 12 Jan 2018, 21:00

Nancy wrote:
kath wrote:i just told reap that i think i remember this album in the dim recesses of my mind.

his reply: "do you have any non-dim recesses in yer mind?"

he is in a mood. we shall see if he survives this mood unscathed.


Corinna, let's go a-scathing.


::swoon::

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8243
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 12 Jan 2018, 21:01

Hello everyone. I've been looking forward to this after reading up on it.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34956
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby kath » 12 Jan 2018, 21:01

greetings!!!! freaky crunch gweetar organ et alia time.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50249
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby C » 12 Jan 2018, 21:01

evening/afternoon all

great riff - vincent crane like organ





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34956
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby kath » 12 Jan 2018, 21:02

i really love this fuzzy, heavy sound

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8243
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 12 Jan 2018, 21:02

And as always, a special hello to the lovely and multi-splendiferous Kath.

I'm not sure what implement is involved in a scathing, but I'm pretty sure it would be sharp. Therefore, I am afraid.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50249
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby C » 12 Jan 2018, 21:02

Nancy wrote:Hello everyone. I've been looking forward to this after reading up on it.


oooof!


LET'S ROCK




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8243
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 12 Jan 2018, 21:03

C wrote:great riff - vincent crane like organ


Don't tell Mrs. C!
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50249
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby C » 12 Jan 2018, 21:03

kath wrote:i really love this fuzzy, heavy sound


I love this album

Full of fuzz!




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6669
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 12 Jan 2018, 21:03

Good afternoon/evening. I raise my glass to wish you good health and happiness.



First impression of the singer - sounds a bit like Jack Bruce, though that may just be the Scottish accent.
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 34956
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby kath » 12 Jan 2018, 21:03

C wrote:evening/afternoon all

great riff - vincent crane like organ





.


evenin/afternoon back!

this is just myyyy kinda thang.

p.s. we may get snow later. sure, it'll probably only be 3.4 flurries, but i'll take what i can get.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6669
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Writing On The Wall, Friday 12th January @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 12 Jan 2018, 21:04

C wrote:
kath wrote:i really love this fuzzy, heavy sound


I love this album

Full of fuzz!




.





The rozzers? ;)
Image