What do you think of this?

Do talk back
Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Re: What do you think of this?

Postby Nikki Gradual » 04 Jan 2018, 20:44

Jumper K wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:If it is the same "band", I saw This is the Kit on the bill at the Half Moon in Putney with the Bhoy, that old hippy Jumper K and, I think, Del. Possibly others. She (for it was a she rather than a band) was playing on a "Bristol people take a train to the big smoke" bill headlined by that band that Paul was in with that bloke from the Moonflowers. He was called Jesse I think. Well, he was awful as usual but then proceeded to ruin her otherwise brilliant set by creeping around in the background playing conch shells and stuff. Really it was surreal, but nothing was as funny as that gurning diva Jesse behaving like some sort of svengali loaning his genius to This is the Kit while not realising that he was being utterly overshadowed and outclassed by his then girlfriend. That's how I remember it anyway. I remember getting quite excited about This is the Kit (to the point that Jumper K looked bored) and bought the CD after the show. Then, if it was the night I think it was, Del made us buy Chinese instead of curry because he is a wanker and Frank, despite having a bed reserved at my place was too polite to assume that after I had fallen asleep so slept on the living room floor under a child's Frozen duvet that barely covered his feet. Haven't played the CD for a good while, must give it a spin.

That’s Jesse in the background of the video ‘playing guitar’. He’s married to Kate, the main lady, now. The whole evening was uniformly shite. Except for the company and beer. Never was a duvet so aptly named.

Kate has my sympathies. Jesse, who because of Bhoy I had to see/meet several times (though nowhere near as often as you must have had to endure him), really was a complete knob, an arrogant delusional pretentious prick. I took an instant and intense dislike to him and it never waned. Bit like Griff really.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 04 Jan 2018, 20:47

Minnie the Minx wrote::lol:

Post of the year thus far!

Thanks.
Not a patch on my "memories of Johnny Hallyday" effort from the tail-end of 2017 I would have said, but only four people ever saw that. Oh well, maybe this shameless plug for it will push a fifth, maybe even a sixth towards it and all the 30minutes I put into writing it will be worthwhile after all.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Jan 2018, 20:50

Nikki Gradual wrote:

Thanks.
Not a patch on my "memories of Johnny Hallyday" effort from the tail-end of 2017 I would have said, but only four people ever saw that. Oh well, maybe this shameless plug for it will push a fifth, maybe even a sixth towards it and all the 30minutes I put into writing it will be worthwhile after all.

TL;DR
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 04 Jan 2018, 20:52

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Thanks.

TL;DR

:evil:

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 05 Jan 2018, 10:57

It's okay. I quite like the musical backing. It doesn't really sound like the description in the OP of Pentangle meets Buffalo Springfield ( I wish it did!), it's more like a 90s lo-fi thing like Luscious Jackson. I would have preferred a stronger song, it's all a bit slight.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 05 Jan 2018, 14:40

Nick wrote:They came on at a festival I was at earlier this year, all wearing Jeremy Corbyn t-shirts.

I hid in the bar until they'd gone away.

Very wise. Dirty hippies. The need hosing down and proper jobs. Utter rubbish.
You don't like me...do you?

Return to “Yakety Yak”