CSNY Reunion on the cards?

Do talk back
blindlemonjefferson

CSNY Reunion on the cards?

Postby blindlemonjefferson » 12 Dec 2017, 19:50

David Crosby just tweeted this:

dimitri wrote:but you just have to expect that i will get you back in the near future when you least expect it

Thang-y

Re: CSNY Reunion on the cards?

Postby Thang-y » 12 Dec 2017, 20:21

Sounds like a joke to me.

Last I heard, Croz and Nash had fallen out, and Young has always been precious about performing with them never mind when he has his new solo material to tour.

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Dec 2017, 13:05

and Stills.....?

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 13 Dec 2017, 13:12

C wrote:and Stills.....?

Irrelevant if the others won't do it.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 13 Dec 2017, 17:28

I suspect it'd be more like "they need money more than they hate each other."

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 13 Dec 2017, 17:38

Charlie O. wrote:I suspect it'd be more like "they need money more than they hate each other."

Nash wrote the songs that get used for ads. Stills does OK with royalty cheques. Croz not so much and has 6 (albeit grown now) kids.

borofan

Postby borofan » 13 Dec 2017, 17:55

After the rant Graham Nash had when he fell out with Croz, I'd be astonished if they worked together again.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 13 Dec 2017, 18:34

I think those three/four ALWAYS keep breaking apart and coming back together. And it was always so. To my way of thinking, Nash's apparent, well documented, long held view of them as a group of enormous significance (and I like them just fine, just maybe not quite as much as Nash does) combined with everyone's "We're all still alive!" increasing sentimentality...yeah, I could see one last heist.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 13 Dec 2017, 18:52

Bent Fabric wrote:I think those three/four ALWAYS keep breaking apart and coming back together. And it was always so. To my way of thinking, Nash's apparent, well documented, long held view of them as a group of enormous significance (and I like them just fine, just maybe not quite as much as Nash does) combined with everyone's "We're all still alive!" increasing sentimentality...yeah, I could see one last heist.

I also think that Nash has been the driving, co-ordinating force behind them. Maybe he's not so interested these days, and without that push, Im not sure it will happen.
Young doesn't need it, Crosby is releasing decent albums, Nash is treading his own path and Stills made a nice (if un-adventurous) album with Sweet Judy Blue Eyes. Without Nash's energy and harmony, the other three will never get it together.
Bless the weather.......Image

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 13 Dec 2017, 18:56

andymacandy wrote:
Bent Fabric wrote:I think those three/four ALWAYS keep breaking apart and coming back together. And it was always so. To my way of thinking, Nash's apparent, well documented, long held view of them as a group of enormous significance (and I like them just fine, just maybe not quite as much as Nash does) combined with everyone's "We're all still alive!" increasing sentimentality...yeah, I could see one last heist.

I also think that Nash has been the driving, co-ordinating force behind them. Maybe he's not so interested these days, and without that push, Im not sure it will happen.
Young doesn't need it, Crosby is releasing decent albums, Nash is treading his own path and Stills made a nice (if un-adventurous) album with Sweet Judy Blue Eyes. Without Nash's energy and harmony, the other three will never get it together.

True, true. If it happened, it would likely be at Young's behest (much as he pulled them out of mothballs to tour some fairly controversial/confrontational work about 10 years ago). I don't think any of them has ever said no to Young.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Dec 2017, 19:23

Crosby basically called Neil's girlfriend a vampire or something, didn't he?
aren't vampires still cool?
uggy poopy doody.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 13 Dec 2017, 21:13

andymacandy wrote:Young doesn't need it, Crosby is releasing decent albums

I don't pretend to know their financial details. But I do know that Young has had to sell off much of his vintage car collection (and that was before the split with Pegi - did they divorce?), and he's spoken candidly about how the royalties don't roll in like they once did. Crosby's sold his boat and has had some medical issues, and I doubt his decent albums have made him a lot of money either (nor the Stills/Collins effort).

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 14 Dec 2017, 00:40

I do see them being just the kind of guys to stop Trump. Having successfully put a stop to Vietnam, nuclear power, mass incarceration, Reaganomics and the Iraq War, they might be our best hope. Having personally enjoyed the Crosby Vs Punkers tweetstorm this summer, I can testify that he is well equipped to deal with Mad Don on his own playing field.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 14 Dec 2017, 00:42

Some Twitter user to Crosby: Seriously, you don't like ANY punk rock? What about Black Flag, Corrosion of Conformity, NoMeansNo, Flipper, the Bad Brains, the Minutemen, Husker Du, Die Kreuzen, the Big Boys?

Crosby: No, none of them.

:P
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 14 Dec 2017, 01:30

bobzilla77 wrote:Some Twitter user to Crosby: Seriously, you don't like ANY punk rock? What about Black Flag, Corrosion of Conformity, NoMeansNo, Flipper, the Bad Brains, the Minutemen, Husker Du, Die Kreuzen, the Big Boys?

What about The Police?

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 14 Dec 2017, 02:55

Not surprised they can charge $250 a ticket and rake it in.

Pool Hall Richard

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 14 Dec 2017, 12:32

I follow Crosby on twitter, he seems very relaxed, kind of expected him to use twitter in a Trump like fashion and swear at people and his old band mates but always seems amiable.

Not sure how much that Nash upset was real, c'mon, Croz has done loads of bad things through the years, Nash has always been there. Not sure if it was just to help him when he was promoting his solo album. Maybe, maybe not, no idea.

I could see them reforming. There's money to be made, their albums haven't had any big "super deluxe" reissue treatment, yet! A tour of some sort and promote reissues. Its not that hard to see it happening. I'm sure bridges will be mended, just as they have been in the past.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 14 Dec 2017, 17:18

maybe. I got the impression that Croz had finally gone a river too far. I mean, GN seemed REALLY pissed.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Dec 2017, 17:25

Charlie O. wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:Some Twitter user to Crosby: Seriously, you don't like ANY punk rock? What about Black Flag, Corrosion of Conformity, NoMeansNo, Flipper, the Bad Brains, the Minutemen, Husker Du, Die Kreuzen, the Big Boys?

What about The Police?

And Dire Straits? Bowie liked them, they must be good!

But then, the Croz probably doesn't like Bowie either.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 14 Dec 2017, 17:30

Snarfyguy wrote:But then, the Croz probably doesn't like Bowie either.

In happier times.

Return to “Yakety Yak”