RIP Fred Cole

Do talk back
pcqgod

RIP Fred Cole

Postby pcqgod » 13 Nov 2017, 21:07

Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: RIP Fred Cole

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 14 Nov 2017, 00:29

Oddly enough, I saw this in the NYT today and thought how out of touch must I be to be learning this from the squarest media outlet on the planet? Well, maybe second or third.

Anyway, I never really got into Dead Moon like some friends did, but, obviously, complete respect. He was truly a lifer. I saw his bands a few times and he was in it to win it every time. I doubt he had many regrets.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 14 Nov 2017, 10:54

Oh shit

Lollipop shoppe was one of my introductory bands into that whole US 60s scene -- You Must Be a Witch to be exact .. that's another memory twanged ...
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 14 Nov 2017, 11:00

That song is just the greatest, wildest thing.

The album is pretty good too:

Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Return to “Yakety Yak”