R I P Chuck Mosley

Do talk back
Darkness_Fish

R I P Chuck Mosley

Postby Darkness_Fish » 10 Nov 2017, 22:07

Only 57, another musician taken by alcohol addiction.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

sloopjohnc

Re: R I P Chuck Mosley

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Nov 2017, 23:27

I liked the Mosley years better than the Patton years. I saw the early incarnation a lot more and they were just doing arenas by the time Patton joined.

My wife and sister-in-law were both pretty good friends with guitarist Jim Martin's brother, Lawrence, so if I asked I could get on the guest list pretty easily for shows. Their family owned a bunch of indie cinemas. They were kind of a weird bunch. Mike Bordin, the drummer, was the nicest, but they definitely had their own little deal going. Martin has never gotten along with any of the singers for that matter. It was him getting in a fight with one of Mosley's guys that got Mosley kicked out. That, and Mosley was kinda crazy.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 11 Nov 2017, 00:08

I heard about this today & was sorry to hear it. I played a show with his solo band in Cleveland in 1997, I remember it being good & very different from FNM.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 11 Nov 2017, 07:42

RIP Chuck

I got into FNM when Introduce Yourself came out, and liked Mosley’s style-better than Patton’s, though I saw the Patton-FNM at a couple of key gigs(Marquee, Bacon croissant).

Booze, eh?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."