Mozza

Do talk back
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Mozza

Postby Goat Boy » 10 Nov 2017, 13:17

Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Rayge

Re: Mozza

Postby Rayge » 10 Nov 2017, 13:47

Or possibly a matzo.
Mozza on a Matzo has a certain titular ring about it, no?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 18 Dec 2017, 22:58

Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 09 Jun 2018, 12:01

Can't imagine many of us rushing out to buy this new comp, but the cover's nice, isn't it?

Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 09 Jun 2018, 13:58

It is but how many compilations has he released, there's fucking hundreds of them. Maybe his pal Tommy will buy it with his prison earnings.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 09 Jun 2018, 13:59

Why is anyone reporting what the sad old racist has to say, thirty years since he last recorded anything half decent. He's free to support Israel, Tommy Robinson, whoever, but we'd all be better not hearing him ever again.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 Jun 2018, 14:43

Darkness_Fish wrote:Why is anyone reporting what the sad old racist has to say, thirty years since he last recorded anything half decent. He's free to support Israel, Tommy Robinson, whoever, but we'd all be better not hearing him ever again.

I don’t know it’s probably something to do with betrayal isn’t it?

He was - or so it seemed - a champion of the underdog, the downtrodden and the wretched (perhaps not the last one, I just like that word a lot).

He seems to have swapped sides.

Mind you there was always the Bengali in Platforms side to his character.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Jun 2018, 14:50

Oh I think he still sees himself as championing the underdog i.e. the (white) working classes but sadly he's disappeared down the rabbit hole in doing so.

The signs were always there I guess but personally I always took his statements with a degree of irony and knowing provocation. I think most of us did.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

`

Postby ` » 09 Jun 2018, 14:52

The Venerable B. Eef wrote:

Like the man said December spawned a monster....

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 09 Jun 2018, 17:07

It's the self pity mixed with self importance which has always characterized Morrissey, then and now.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 09 Jun 2018, 17:21

Matt Wilson wrote:It's the self pity mixed with self importance which has always characterized Morrissey, then and now.

In the past there was self-deprecation as well as self-pity, which made him likeable and different. He spoke for many. He could be very witty, too.

But yeah, today there's a kind of arrogance and a distinct lack of humour. I suppose it happens to the best of us.

Return to “Yakety Yak”