Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47949
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

ve

Postby C » 10 Nov 2017, 21:25

Union man - Hudson and Ford were always trying to persuade Cousins to include more of their songs

of course dave generally resisted

this is one he gave in on......

it got so bad for dave that he developed mental health issues which culminated in a breakdown on stage - manchester england

fortunately hud and ford left soon after

normal service is resumed







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47949
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby C » 10 Nov 2017, 21:26

he walked off mid-gig




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 33218
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2017, 21:26

wowww... so loving this. what is pavan?

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 5633
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 10 Nov 2017, 21:26

Think Pavanne is a dance.
Image

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 7023
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 10 Nov 2017, 21:27

C wrote:he walked off mid-gig




.


Why do I have the feeling a young Michael Schenker was in the audience taking notes? :D
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47949
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby C » 10 Nov 2017, 21:27

pavan is a slow dance






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 7023
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 10 Nov 2017, 21:27

There is some truly wonderful, beautiful music on this album.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 33218
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2017, 21:28

dammmmmn, feeling the need to own a mellotron all the more today, for some reason.

is that a fucquin harpsichord? oooooooooooof

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47949
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby C » 10 Nov 2017, 21:29

but, i think, in this context it refers to the hindu god




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 5633
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 10 Nov 2017, 21:29

Nancy wrote:There is some truly wonderful, beautiful music on this album.




Yes.



Shall definitely be checking out the albums you & the good skipper have recommended.



Ah, here's the pavanne.
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 33218
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2017, 21:30

thank ye both for the pavan answer. i so love those sections that enter in, making me wannna twirl. best not to try that right now, as i have recently broken my pinky toe. mwhahaha.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47949
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby C » 10 Nov 2017, 21:31

Hero & heroine is a great next stop






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 33218
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2017, 21:31

C wrote:but, i think, in this context it refers to the hindu god




.


is it the hindu god of a slow dance? it all works for me anyway.

more lovely lovely. this gweetar is just so fantastic to meee

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 5633
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 10 Nov 2017, 21:31

kath wrote:thank ye both for the pavan answer. i so love those sections that enter in, making me wannna twirl. best not to try that right now, as i have recently broken my pinky toe. mwhahaha.







OUCH.


Hope you have effective medication.





Thanks for the hindu reference C., I'd know idea about that.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47949
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby C » 10 Nov 2017, 21:33

John aka Josh wrote:




Thanks for the hindu reference C., I'd know idea about that.


god of wind






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 7023
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 10 Nov 2017, 21:33

C wrote:Hero & heroine is a great next stop






.


Seconded. It's my favorite and Kath's too.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 33218
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2017, 21:34

C wrote:Hero & heroine is a great next stop






.


when i heard it for the first time at our listen, i was agape. i mean, as in gaping. mwhahaha.

this one is also fantastic.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 7023
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 10 Nov 2017, 21:34

C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:




Thanks for the hindu reference C., I'd know idea about that.


god of wind






.


Now I know what to name my Mexican restaurant when I open it.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47949
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby C » 10 Nov 2017, 21:35

they made so many amazing albums and still playing live







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 33218
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams - Friday 10th Nov @ 9pm

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2017, 21:36

John aka Josh wrote:
kath wrote:thank ye both for the pavan answer. i so love those sections that enter in, making me wannna twirl. best not to try that right now, as i have recently broken my pinky toe. mwhahaha.







OUCH.


Hope you have effective medication.





Thanks for the hindu reference C., I'd know idea about that.


i do that kinda thing and have all my life. toe breakages are the easiest of all breakages. i accidentally ran my toe into the subwoofer. there's a point in there somewhere.

of course, i have medication. (swills her jack.) thank yew