yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes: 10

Osgood

Re: Bruce Springsteen

Postby Osgood » 10 Feb 2018, 23:08

I joined at Born To Run and it's still a fave of mine. Human Touch was the first I didn't buy. From then on every album has its share of good songs, but none seems particularly great, except maybe The Rising. I used to think that his top was Darkness at the Edge of Town, but I'm not so sure these days, have not played it in ages.
Nobody's ferpect.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 11 Feb 2018, 09:37

The Seeger Sessions, and the live album that goes with it are excellent. Maybe not quite as high as his career best, but a very welcome late career bonus.
Bless the weather.......Image

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 11 Feb 2018, 09:56

yomptepi wrote:
Moleskin wrote:The only genuine stinker in his catalogue is Human Touch. Over-worked and airless. No surprise that he decided to release the 'surprise' album Lucky Town alongside it.

That said, I can think of few records so sprung with joy as The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle. That was one hell of a band.

I disagree. I think Human Touch and lucky Town are good. As is the MTV show the same time. I am not a big fan of the big band sound of the E Street Band. I actively dislike Clarence Clemon's Saxophone contributions. I can appreciate the rush of the first three albums, and Born to Run is as solid an album as anyone has made. But is Tunnel Of Love where I really join in. I prefer the stripped down sound, and more considered , maybe " adult" nature of the lyrics. Lucky Town was the last Springsteen album I liked, and I think his recent form is just horrible. I can see what the big Springsteen fans see in him, and his epic performances. But it just not for me.

I like Springsteen right the way through Human Touch/Lucky Town, with Tunnel Of Love being especially good. Of the later albums, I’ve got The Rising, Magic and Working On A Dream, but they are pale shadows of Bruce at his best.

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 11 Feb 2018, 10:33

I can see I need to revisit.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 11 Feb 2018, 10:34

andymacandy wrote:The Seeger Sessions, and the live album that goes with it are excellent. Maybe not quite as high as his career best, but a very welcome late career bonus.

Marvellous and full of joy.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 11 Feb 2018, 10:54

andymacandy wrote:The Seeger Sessions, and the live album that goes with it are excellent. Maybe not quite as high as his career best, but a very welcome late career bonus.

I hate all that fist pumping , chest thumping bollocks. Give it a fucking rest.
You don't like me...do you?

Return to “Yakety Yak”