Postby soundchaser » 16 Mar 2018, 11:27

Ha Ha, I win Caon...you fucking loser.

Have one for the road.

kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: simpletons have their say on: PINK FLOYD

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 16 Mar 2018, 11:29

Yeah fuck yiu Caon you cnut.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.

Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 16 Mar 2018, 11:48

Yhea see yuo on the road buster
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 16 Mar 2018, 13:13

Incredible at their best, utterly tedious guff at their worst and both of those extremes are captured on the Best of Pink Floyd.
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

Eddie Shah environment

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 16 Mar 2018, 14:17

Yeah I think it’s true that no other band ran the gamut of quality quite like these chaps.

‘Arnold Layne’ is one of the greatest songs from one of rock’s greatest years, while The Wall contains some of the most insufferably self-absorbed claptrap ever to sell a million.
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Mar 2018, 15:03

When you climb Mount Olympus at your first attempt the only way is down.

And down....and down...and down....and down further until you get to the middle class mewling of The Wall. How wretched they became but how brightly they so briefly shined.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Mar 2018, 15:20

I loved growing up at a time when listening to records was an activity. Hearing a record for the first time could be a pretty big thrill. Listening to it the one hundreth time might not be a thrill but it might still be rewarding.

How Floyd eventually regrouped after Syd ended up being making records that were made to be played from beginning to end. To me, this is no small thing. It gives me a much needed shot in the arm when I meet young people who enjoy listening to records from beginning to end. many know the Floyd albums well, many of them enjoy music made by people who know them well.

the fact that they made a series of albums that sold extraordinarily well, I think, was a good thing in the long hall. Maybe not for Pink Floyd themselves but for people who make records. the packaging - the content - the weird sound effects and stuff. the fact that people spent money on their records - I think - made for more adventurousness in which bands got signed and which didn't.

sure, you can make a case that they suck and you don't like them. I've tried to make a case for why I think they did a certain amount of good.
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Eddie Shah environment

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 16 Mar 2018, 15:25

Mostly great LP covers, I have to say. Maybe the best ever band for that.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 16 Mar 2018, 15:57

Sneelock wrote:I loved growing up at a time when listening to records was an activity. Hearing a record for the first time could be a pretty big thrill. Listening to it the one hundreth time might not be a thrill but it might still be rewarding.

How Floyd eventually regrouped after Syd ended up being making records that were made to be played from beginning to end. To me, this is no small thing. It gives me a much needed shot in the arm when I meet young people who enjoy listening to records from beginning to end. many know the Floyd albums well, many of them enjoy music made by people who know them well.

the fact that they made a series of albums that sold extraordinarily well, I think, was a good thing in the long hall. Maybe not for Pink Floyd themselves but for people who make records. the packaging - the content - the weird sound effects and stuff. the fact that people spent money on their records - I think - made for more adventurousness in which bands got signed and which didn't.

sure, you can make a case that they suck and you don't like them. I've tried to make a case for why I think they did a certain amount of good.

It’s just The Wall and The Final Cut that I hardly ever play, but other than that, I play me some Pink Floyd most days.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Mar 2018, 16:12

WARRIOR/DESTROYER XI wrote:Mostly great LP covers, I have to say. Maybe the best ever band for that.

I honestly think 10% of their sales is down to LP sleeves. Oh that MUST be good!

Oh, it's shit.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Eddie Shah environment

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 16 Mar 2018, 16:15

Goat Boy wrote:
WARRIOR/DESTROYER XI wrote:Mostly great LP covers, I have to say. Maybe the best ever band for that.

I honestly think 10% of their sales is down to LP sleeves. Oh that MUST be good!

Oh, it's shit.

Happened to you too, eh? :)

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Mar 2018, 16:16

I prefer the original version, the Australian pink Floyd.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 16 Mar 2018, 16:44

Dr Markus wrote:I prefer the original version, the Australian pink Floyd.

I’ve seen them a few times, but they are just too big now and concentrate on being The Division Bell era band.

Their problem is, they aren’t, and never will be, Pink Floyd.

There are lots of other Pink Floyd tribute bands, however, and I’ve seen a fair few of them in my time.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 17 Mar 2018, 09:16

Crumbling Land: Pink Floyd do The Byrds...to great effect.

Georgios

Postby Georgios » 17 Mar 2018, 09:51

Evaluating the sum of their parts compared to the other mega selling 70's rock bands, they were the one who had the least business becoming as big as they did. Plodding - and that's putting kindly - rhythm section, wishy washy keyboard player. Gilmour's got a nice guitar tone I'll give 'em that.

In reality 50% of all their earnings should have gone to Alan Parsons for making DSOTM what it is and which gave them them a fanbase so large that records as ugly as Animals and The Wall could still shift in the millions.

I never had listening to 'The Floyd' forced upon me by older family members and thus have never had to think about them much. But if I had I would fucking hate them.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 17 Mar 2018, 13:21

To be fair I think there is much more to them than the Syd beginnings; I think they had an interesting second life as purveyors of a rustic English variant of kosmische music. Once Waters started bludgeoning us with proper songs though it was all over.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 17 Mar 2018, 13:23

soundchaser wrote:Crumbling Land: Pink Floyd do The Byrds...to great effect.

Yes that's lovely.

Graham Murakami

Postby Graham Murakami » 17 Mar 2018, 14:32

A few nice songs, and a half-decent greatest hits 2cd set. They are OK.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 17 Mar 2018, 23:51

On the studio album of 1969s Ummagumma, Roger Waters forced David Gilmour to write his own song, The Narrow Way, and in doing so, Gilmour inadvertently discovered the future direction of Pink Floyd, which eventually led to Dark Side Of The Moon. On the 1970 album, Atom Heart Mother, Gilmour's skill as a songwriter had grown, and he delivered the beautiful Fat Old Sun. This is the Live In Gdansk version, which shows why DG, is one of the great vocalist/guitarists of not only our time, but any time. On the far left, is Phil Manzanera, ex of Roxy Music. RIP, of course, Richard Wright:

Eddie Shah environment

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 17 Mar 2018, 23:53

soundchaser wrote:This is the Live In Gdansk version, which shows why DG, is one of the great vocalist/guitarists of not only our time, but any time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: