Pink Floyd Poll

Do talk back

Fave Floyd

Piper at the Gates of Dawn
33
15%
A Saucerful of Secrets
11
5%
More
11
5%
Ummagumma
4
2%
Atom Heart Mother
6
3%
Meddle
24
11%
Obscured by Clouds
9
4%
Relics
13
6%
Dark Side of the Moon
32
15%
Wish You Were Here
26
12%
Animals
23
11%
The Wall
11
5%
A Collection of Great Dance Songs
1
0%
The Final Cut
3
1%
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
0
No votes
Delicate Sound of Thunder
1
0%
The Division Bell
2
1%
Pulse
1
0%
The Endless River
1
0%
Creation The Early Years 1965 - 1972
3
1%
 
Total votes: 215

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 28089
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Aug 2017, 21:47

What are your favorite Pink Floyd albums? Choose five.
John 'master of temperance and tolerance' Coan wrote:Oh calm down for fuck's sake!

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 20837
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby never/ever » 06 Aug 2017, 21:55

I better wait until Goat Boy decides what consequences I would face if I voted Meddle.....
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 28089
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Aug 2017, 21:57

never/ever wrote:I better wait until Goat Boy decides what consequences I would face if I voted Meddle.....


If you really want to piss him off, vote for Wish You Were Here.
John 'master of temperance and tolerance' Coan wrote:Oh calm down for fuck's sake!

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 41643
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Nationwide

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Still Baron » 06 Aug 2017, 21:57

never/ever wrote:I better wait until Goat Boy decides what consequences I would face if I voted Meddle.....


You can choose five! I certainly voted for both.
toomanyhatz wrote:I honestly don't care for most Beach Boys car songs

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 25571
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Aug 2017, 22:03

Meddle's going to win.

I voted for it as one of four, not five, but it's certainly my 4th favorite of those four.

It's got the most 'across the board' appeal (at least in BCB terms), but that doesn't mean ANYONE thinks it's the best.
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 62997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Aug 2017, 22:07

toomanyhatz wrote:Meddle's going to win.

I voted for it as one of four, not five, but it's certainly my 4th favorite of those four.

It's got the most 'across the board' appeal (at least in BCB terms), but that doesn't mean ANYONE thinks it's the best.


Absolutely.

If you want a poll to decide what BCB thinks is the best, limit it to one choice.
David Duke wrote:“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists.”

Image

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 20837
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby never/ever » 06 Aug 2017, 22:16

Diamond Dog wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Meddle's going to win.

I voted for it as one of four, not five, but it's certainly my 4th favorite of those four.

It's got the most 'across the board' appeal (at least in BCB terms), but that doesn't mean ANYONE thinks it's the best.


Absolutely.

If you want a poll to decide what BCB thinks is the best, limit it to one choice.


I agree. But for some people just picking one is quite difficult.

At least the vote is anonymous so no one will ever know if you vote for WYWH or not....
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 8221
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby WG Kaspar » 06 Aug 2017, 22:36

If it were 3 choices I suspect that Meddle would have a lot less votes, but even so it is representative in some way as the Floyd album that both sides of the divide can accept as passable.
I run out of talent

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 41643
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Nationwide

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Still Baron » 06 Aug 2017, 22:45

1. Piper
2. Meddle
3. Dark Side
4. Obscured By Clouds
toomanyhatz wrote:I honestly don't care for most Beach Boys car songs

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 14740
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Belle Lettre » 06 Aug 2017, 23:07

Piper
Meddle
Wish You Were Here
Dark Side
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 9579
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby slightbreeze » 06 Aug 2017, 23:37

Piper, Saucerful, Atom, Meddle, Obscured.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29391
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Goat Boy » 06 Aug 2017, 23:50

Matt Wilson wrote:
never/ever wrote:I better wait until Goat Boy decides what consequences I would face if I voted Meddle.....


If you really want to piss him off, vote for Wish You Were Here.


You'd like that wouldn't you, you bitch
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 28089
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Aug 2017, 23:57

I'd love it, dear.

:twisted:
John 'master of temperance and tolerance' Coan wrote:Oh calm down for fuck's sake!

Positive Passion
Posts: 106
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Positive Passion » 07 Aug 2017, 00:10

Wish
Dark
Wall
Relics

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 25571
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby toomanyhatz » 07 Aug 2017, 01:19

Piper









Relics



Meddle

Saucerful
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 62997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Aug 2017, 05:46

WYWH
DSOTM
Animals
Meddle
Relics.
David Duke wrote:“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists.”

Image

User avatar
Nervous Ned
Posts: 1398
Joined: 22 Aug 2003, 11:19
Location: Close To The Veg

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Nervous Ned » 07 Aug 2017, 06:48

Animals
WYWH
Piper
Obscured
More

User avatar
HOUND
Posts: 249
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 03:10

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby HOUND » 07 Aug 2017, 07:08

Just Piper.

The rest is soporific shit.
Jimbo wrote:What do you say we step up our game here.

User avatar
McBastard
Posts: 2663
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 12:11
Location: overlooking Glasgow

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby McBastard » 07 Aug 2017, 09:37

Piper
Relics
Final Cut
May the Lord have mercy on Stringy Bob

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 45582
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Pink Floyd Poll

Postby Quaco » 07 Aug 2017, 15:39

More
Piper
Animals
WYWH
Saucerful

If Zabriskie Point were an album, it'd tie with More, probably.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Return to “Yakety Yak”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest