Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Do talk back
User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16443
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby gash on ignore » 24 Sep 2017, 12:39

Record buying WANKERS
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say


User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35073
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby yomptepi » 24 Sep 2017, 13:16

neville from norwich wrote:Record buying WANKERS


I hate them so much.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
The Beatles
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17412
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby The Beatles » 24 Sep 2017, 13:37

"at 3.18 you can hear him picking his nose"
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16443
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby gash on ignore » 24 Sep 2017, 16:05

At last, Little Drummer Boy takes 1-6.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say


User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29466
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Sep 2017, 23:13

I've read dozens of reviews of people absolutely wanking over the sound on Lodger. Knowing Bowie gave it a big thumps up to Visconti when he heard it is pulling me in, pulling me in....
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42724
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby LeBaron » 30 Sep 2017, 23:26

It's suddenly occurred to me that I never got that George Jones Starday and Mercury box!

https://www.bear-family.com/jones-georg ... -6-cd.html
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29466
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Sep 2017, 23:28

You've got big ears for someone who claims to be PARTLY DEAF
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 2679
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 01 Oct 2017, 00:08

HALLELUGAH wrote:I've read dozens of reviews of people absolutely wanking over the sound on Lodger. Knowing Bowie gave it a big thumps up to Visconti when he heard it is pulling me in, pulling me in....


Dropbox is your friend ;)
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 46097
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby The Slider » 01 Oct 2017, 00:44

The Slider wrote:They're fine when someone else is paying for them and sharing them
But I'd not shell out my hard-earned for them



God bless Kev
The Yes Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.
Image

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 46097
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby The Slider » 01 Oct 2017, 00:46

HALLELUGAH wrote:You've got big ears for someone who claims to be PARTLY DEAF


He's learning to love with somebody's obsession...
The Yes Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.
Image

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29466
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Minnie the Minx » 01 Oct 2017, 00:48

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
HALLELUGAH wrote:I've read dozens of reviews of people absolutely wanking over the sound on Lodger. Knowing Bowie gave it a big thumps up to Visconti when he heard it is pulling me in, pulling me in....


Dropbox is your friend ;)


:D

Xxxxxxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29466
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Minnie the Minx » 01 Oct 2017, 00:48

The Slider wrote:
HALLELUGAH wrote:You've got big ears for someone who claims to be PARTLY DEAF


He's learning to love with somebody's obsession...


:lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Hugh
Posts: 15612
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Hugh » 01 Oct 2017, 01:00

I do think that the remix is "better" to someone listening in 2017 bur I don't think for a minute that when Visconti was doing the original mix he thought that he could do a half arsed job and then patch it up in thirty-odd years time.
Its a good job Rembrant, Picasso or Vermeer couldn't remix their paintings to suit contemporary viewers

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37831
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Oct 2017, 04:26

yomptepi wrote:
neville from norwich wrote:Record buying WANKERS


I hate them so much.


How I despise their record buying ways

:x
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 11274
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby The Modernist » 01 Oct 2017, 04:32

Count Machuki wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
neville from norwich wrote:Record buying WANKERS


I hate them so much.


How I despise their record buying ways

:x


You think I'm kidding, but I mean it man.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10054
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 01 Oct 2017, 07:35

Hugh wrote:I do think that the remix is "better" to someone listening in 2017 bur I don't think for a minute that when Visconti was doing the original mix he thought that he could do a half arsed job and then patch it up in thirty-odd years time.
Its a good job Rembrant, Picasso or Vermeer couldn't remix their paintings to suit contemporary viewers


Image
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Hugh
Posts: 15612
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Hugh » 01 Oct 2017, 09:40

Thanks, Conny. Did not know that.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10054
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 01 Oct 2017, 10:11

Hugh wrote:Thanks, Conny. Did not know that.


Me neither, its from the latest MOJO
Really interesting read about the recording and mixing of the album
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 2679
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 01 Oct 2017, 10:24

ConnyOlivetti wrote:
Hugh wrote:Thanks, Conny. Did not know that.


Me neither, its from the latest MOJO
Really interesting read about the recording and mixing of the album


In a Bruce Forsythian push for a catchphrase

Dropbox is your friend ;)
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

Hugh
Posts: 15612
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Bowie - A New Career In A New Town boxed set

Postby Hugh » 01 Oct 2017, 11:34

...your friend is Dropbox.