Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, Skated Away (on the thin ice....)

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47770
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, Skated Away (on the thin ice....)

Postby C » 08 Jul 2017, 11:02

.






Image










.
Last edited by C on 15 Jul 2017, 10:16, edited 4 times in total.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47770
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Jean-Luc Ponty, Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 11 Jul 2017, 07:17

.





Image









.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47770
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 12 Jul 2017, 07:34

oooooooooooooof!







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47770
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TOMORROW Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 13 Jul 2017, 07:26

Let's have another one, just like the other one!

oooof!







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47770
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 14 Jul 2017, 06:37

.






Image










.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 32896
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 14 Jul 2017, 20:51

gearin up.

ready to roll film.

at least i'm not ready to rollerskate. no need for paramedics.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 6815
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 14 Jul 2017, 20:55

I am here, and I have my solid rock.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 32896
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 14 Jul 2017, 20:56

Nancy wrote:I am here, and I have my solid rock.


illegal in alabama.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 6815
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 14 Jul 2017, 20:58

kath wrote:
Nancy wrote:I am here, and I have my solid rock.


illegal in alabama.


The question is, what ISN'T illegal in Alabama?
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 7479
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby soundchaser » 14 Jul 2017, 21:00

Hi all, looking forward to this one, as I haven't played it in quite a while.

Listening to the original vinyl of this: fortunately, it's still in very good nick.

Tunnel Of Love, has always been one of my favourite Dire Straits songs...I'm a sucker for fairgrounds.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 6815
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 14 Jul 2017, 21:00

Hello everyone. This is just a fantastic album.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 32896
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 14 Jul 2017, 21:01

greetings!!

away we go.

but it's the life that i chooooose

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 32896
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 14 Jul 2017, 21:01

soundchaser wrote:Hi all, looking forward to this one, as I haven't played it in quite a while.

Listening to the original vinyl of this: fortunately, it's still in very good nick.

Tunnel Of Love, has always been one of my favourite Dire Straits songs...I'm a sucker for fairgrounds.


same here, mwhahaha.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 7479
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby soundchaser » 14 Jul 2017, 21:02

I used to love The Waltzer, but The Paratooper was my favourite.

That and The Roter.

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 6815
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 14 Jul 2017, 21:02

And as always, a special hello to the lovely and yet unfortunately overheated Kath.

I will need to be on best behavior, or I will find myself on the receiving end of a solid rock upside my head.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 32896
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 14 Jul 2017, 21:02

Nancy wrote:
kath wrote:
Nancy wrote:I am here, and I have my solid rock.


illegal in alabama.


The question is, what ISN'T illegal in Alabama?


being a whitebread asswipe?

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47770
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby C » 14 Jul 2017, 21:02

I love this album!





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 32896
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 14 Jul 2017, 21:03

and the big wheel keep on a-turnin

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 6815
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 14 Jul 2017, 21:03

C wrote:I love this album!





.


Evening C!

That makes two of us. It has several of their very best songs.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 32896
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Dire Straits, TONIGHT Friday 14th July @ 9pm

Postby kath » 14 Jul 2017, 21:03

Nancy wrote:And as always, a special hello to the lovely and yet unfortunately overheated Kath.

I will need to be on best behavior, or I will find myself on the receiving end of a solid rock upside my head.


don't be silly. i don't blame you for the temperature.