Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Do talk back
User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12907
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: pivoting towards woke-ness

Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 17 Mar 2017, 13:07

The Beatle's farewell, finally. A Faberge Egg or Sacred Cow? Bloodless or wot?

You decide. Listen and pontificate, tonight at 23.00 x
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38474
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 17 Mar 2017, 13:59

I will eat a falafel in preparation.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Lord Bother
Posts: 245
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 03:10

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Lord Bother » 17 Mar 2017, 17:14

I will sit by swimming pool with Teq Sunr in hand, as I have done for so many Friday evenings for the last 10+ years as my hound pursues one of his passions, looking at naughty pictures of public schoolboys (as I have done... etc. etc.).

The musicianship here is of the very highest calibre, the songwriting perhaps even superior. A fine rock-pop hybrid long player, and a very positive influence on the progressive rock scene of the 70s.
Jimbo wrote:What do you say we step up our game here.

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12907
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: pivoting towards woke-ness

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 17 Mar 2017, 17:41

Indeed my learned friend, indeed.

Let's Prog-enable!
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47591
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby C » 17 Mar 2017, 18:23

Let's hope it's as good as last week's Velvet Underground







.
slightbreeze wrote:Some excellent tracks to honest, but 20 tracks on each disc? A true progger goes cold if there are more than 3

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12907
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: pivoting towards woke-ness

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 17 Mar 2017, 18:31

!
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
Pat O'Banton
Utter Cad
Posts: 49870
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Pat O'Banton » 17 Mar 2017, 18:37

C wrote:Let's hope it's as good as last week's Velvet Underground


Velvet Blunderground?

(No idea what you're on about, by the way)
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

User avatar
Pat O'Banton
Utter Cad
Posts: 49870
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Pat O'Banton » 17 Mar 2017, 18:39

What's the difference between a sync listen and a stink listen then, Nev? Giz da concept, will ya. Innit.

(Think it'll tempt G back? :( )
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47591
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby C » 17 Mar 2017, 19:03

Pat O'Banton wrote:What's the difference between a sync listen and a stink listen then


Prog goons always report for duty





.
slightbreeze wrote:Some excellent tracks to honest, but 20 tracks on each disc? A true progger goes cold if there are more than 3

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12907
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: pivoting towards woke-ness

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 17 Mar 2017, 19:38

C wrote:
Pat O'Banton wrote:What's the difference between a sync listen and a stink listen then


Prog goons always report for duty





.


;)
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12907
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: pivoting towards woke-ness

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 17 Mar 2017, 20:09

"Stink listen" because the platters will be those BCB may be ambivalent about.

Coming soon, "Houses of the Holy".
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12907
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: pivoting towards woke-ness

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 17 Mar 2017, 20:11

Having said (typed) all that I'm bailing, "Get Out" is on my horizon.

Soz, go on without or reschedule x
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
Pat O'Banton
Utter Cad
Posts: 49870
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Pat O'Banton » 17 Mar 2017, 20:31

clive gash wrote:
Coming soon, "Houses of the Holy".


That's a good one!

Abbey Road is unimpeachable, though.
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

User avatar
Pat O'Banton
Utter Cad
Posts: 49870
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Pat O'Banton » 17 Mar 2017, 20:33

clive gash wrote:Having said (typed) all that I'm bailing, "Get Out" is on my horizon.

Soz, go on without or reschedule x


Very disappointing.
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 10148
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Rayge » 17 Mar 2017, 21:37

I, for one, and indeed for once, am relieved.
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12907
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: pivoting towards woke-ness

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 18 Mar 2017, 09:00

This will happen.
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47591
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby C » 18 Mar 2017, 17:19

Flop #2

Discipline folks

Discipline







x
slightbreeze wrote:Some excellent tracks to honest, but 20 tracks on each disc? A true progger goes cold if there are more than 3


Return to “Yakety Yak”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest