Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Do talk back
User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14393
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby nev harp » 17 Mar 2017, 13:07

The Beatle's farewell, finally. A Faberge Egg or Sacred Cow? Bloodless or wot?

You decide. Listen and pontificate, tonight at 23.00 x
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 39064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 17 Mar 2017, 13:59

I will eat a falafel in preparation.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
HOUND
Posts: 259
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 03:10

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby HOUND » 17 Mar 2017, 17:14

I will sit by swimming pool with Teq Sunr in hand, as I have done for so many Friday evenings for the last 10+ years as my hound pursues one of his passions, looking at naughty pictures of public schoolboys (as I have done... etc. etc.).

The musicianship here is of the very highest calibre, the songwriting perhaps even superior. A fine rock-pop hybrid long player, and a very positive influence on the progressive rock scene of the 70s.
Jimbo wrote:What do you say we step up our game here.

User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14393
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby nev harp » 17 Mar 2017, 17:41

Indeed my learned friend, indeed.

Let's Prog-enable!
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 48292
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby C » 17 Mar 2017, 18:23

Let's hope it's as good as last week's Velvet Underground







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14393
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby nev harp » 17 Mar 2017, 18:31

!
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50268
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby German Dave » 17 Mar 2017, 18:37

C wrote:Let's hope it's as good as last week's Velvet Underground


Velvet Blunderground?

(No idea what you're on about, by the way)
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50268
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby German Dave » 17 Mar 2017, 18:39

What's the difference between a sync listen and a stink listen then, Nev? Giz da concept, will ya. Innit.

(Think it'll tempt G back? :( )
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 48292
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby C » 17 Mar 2017, 19:03

Pat O'Banton wrote:What's the difference between a sync listen and a stink listen then


Prog goons always report for duty





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14393
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby nev harp » 17 Mar 2017, 19:38

C wrote:
Pat O'Banton wrote:What's the difference between a sync listen and a stink listen then


Prog goons always report for duty





.


;)
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14393
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby nev harp » 17 Mar 2017, 20:09

"Stink listen" because the platters will be those BCB may be ambivalent about.

Coming soon, "Houses of the Holy".
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14393
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby nev harp » 17 Mar 2017, 20:11

Having said (typed) all that I'm bailing, "Get Out" is on my horizon.

Soz, go on without or reschedule x
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50268
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby German Dave » 17 Mar 2017, 20:31

clive gash wrote:
Coming soon, "Houses of the Holy".


That's a good one!

Abbey Road is unimpeachable, though.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50268
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby German Dave » 17 Mar 2017, 20:33

clive gash wrote:Having said (typed) all that I'm bailing, "Get Out" is on my horizon.

Soz, go on without or reschedule x


Very disappointing.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 11561
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby Rayge » 17 Mar 2017, 21:37

I, for one, and indeed for once, am relieved.
KAT/COYS

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14393
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby nev harp » 18 Mar 2017, 09:00

This will happen.
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 48292
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stink Listen #1 - Abbey Road TONIGHT @ 23.00 GMT

Postby C » 18 Mar 2017, 17:19

Flop #2

Discipline folks

Discipline







x
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x