Now to buy those Beatles albums all over again!!!

Do talk back
Graham Murakami

Re: Now to buy those Beatles albums all over again!!!

Postby Graham Murakami » 19 Mar 2017, 09:17

I bought the last Abbey Road in Smiths and it sounds good (It's the same master as the CD box set). I was sure I would regret it if I didn't but it felt a bit tawdry buying music as a part-work and there was a hell of a lot to put straight in the recycle bin.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 19 Mar 2017, 16:12

yomptepi wrote:
Pool Hall Richard wrote:Picked up Abbey Road in Tesco's today. WH Smith had sold them all, they're now onto Sgt Pepper but Tesco had 5 copies of AR left, some looking a tad battered but this one looked nice and my own vinyl copy was bought for me 30 years ago by my folks and fancy trying this new pressing out.

Does anyone know if you can pre-order specific albums? I assume not but worth asking.

Keep an eye on the web site for release dates, and then you can order specific issues at your newsagent.

That's what I am doing.

You might also be able to use this link:

http://shop.deagostini.co.uk/filter-by/back-issues/

if you don't manage to bag a particular issue/LP first time around.
I'm keeping an eye on this for the 'At The Beeb' issues.
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

Pool Hall Richard

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 20 Mar 2017, 15:18

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Pool Hall Richard wrote:Picked up Abbey Road in Tesco's today. WH Smith had sold them all, they're now onto Sgt Pepper but Tesco had 5 copies of AR left, some looking a tad battered but this one looked nice and my own vinyl copy was bought for me 30 years ago by my folks and fancy trying this new pressing out.

Does anyone know if you can pre-order specific albums? I assume not but worth asking.

Keep an eye on the web site for release dates, and then you can order specific issues at your newsagent.

That's what I am doing.

You might also be able to use this link:

http://shop.deagostini.co.uk/filter-by/back-issues/

if you don't manage to bag a particular issue/LP first time around.
I'm keeping an eye on this for the 'At The Beeb' issues.

Cheers for this. I do see that some stores are still apparently stocking the jazz series, id like to know where, not because I want any, was happy buying the first three and ending there, more so for the likelihood of other places doing the same for The Beatles.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 21 Mar 2017, 13:29

How much are they selling these for individually? I saw Abbey Road at a good introductory price, but thought the rest were essentially the same price as ordering them on Amazon anyway, no?

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 21 Mar 2017, 19:52

bhoywonder wrote:How much are they selling these for individually? I saw Abbey Road at a good introductory price, but thought the rest were essentially the same price as ordering them on Amazon anyway, no?

That's about the size of it apart from the 'At The Beeb' albums.
Amazon have them pegged at £50+ whereas this promotion will have them for £24.99
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 22 Mar 2017, 08:18

£24.99 for a triple album is pretty good value. I'm sure I didn't pay £50+ for them when they came out, mind. Must be in short supply.

As for the rest, why not just buy them on Amazon? And if you're planning on getting them all, why not buy the vinyl box set? (Personally, I'd recommend the mono one, which it's worth noting has enough space to add the couple of stereo-only albums, if you so choose. The mono vinyl set is easily the best version of the fabs catalogue I've ever heard).