Your Ten Lifetime Music Listening Influences

Do talk back
Mike Boom

Re: Your Ten Lifetime Music Listening Influences

Postby Mike Boom » 13 Mar 2020, 21:51

Aunt - My Mothers much younger sister who lived with us and whose best friend and next door neighbor moved and left us her collection of 45s - everything from Elvis, The Supremes, 1910 Fruitgum Company, Barry McGuire , Cliff Richard , the Move, the Kinks, all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff

Brother - My older brother erstwhile BCB member Joe Moody. Tull , Zeppelin, Genesis, Yes, Floyd, David Bowie, Roxy Music etc etc etc

Friends - My best friend as a teenager , Paul Turner was a Neil Young head, many teenage nights spent at his place drinking beer, playing pool and blasting Neil. Various other friends - Eno, the Doors ...

Casey Kasem - American Top 40 on the radio every Sunday - all the seventies hits, Frampton, Fleetwood Mac etc

Barry "Dr Rock" Jenkin - New Zealands very own "John Peel" , late night DJ - Talking Heads, Patti Smith, Television, Costello, Graham Parker, B52s, Devo, Pistols, Clash, Tom Petty , Blondie etc etc etc

NME Even though it took a month or so to get to NZ, back in the seventies/eighties when it actually meant something.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 14 Mar 2020, 04:03

Mike Boom wrote:Brother - My older brother erstwhile BCB member Joe Moody.

:shock: :idea:

Hellfire!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 14 Mar 2020, 16:42

Strange but true ! :lol: