The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Do talk back
User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby kewl klive » 14 Oct 2016, 11:43

Got an idea that you know'll get fifteen views and one reply? Let's put them here.

The Action/Mighty Baby - if they'd sorted themselves out properly then a place at the top UK table would be guaranteed - Beatles, Who, Action/Mighty Baby.
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38863
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 14 Oct 2016, 14:13

From what I can hear, they really needed a sympathetic producer and it's a shame they never found one early on.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37416
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Oct 2016, 16:49

At last, a thread for me.

SHAM 69 vs. JUDY GARLAND
Best Blind Singer (poll)
Killer Costumes in Rock and Pop
Current Dean of Rock Criticism
What's Your Deal with CLASSICAL MUSIC?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37416
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Oct 2016, 17:43

Goofiest National Anthem?
KIDS MUSIC: the BCB Treasury of Early Songs for Bairns
AM Radio: Why Not Go Back to Music?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby kewl klive » 14 Oct 2016, 17:45

What vinyls are you now playing?
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
fange
Posts: 11056
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby fange » 14 Oct 2016, 17:54

clive gash wrote:What vinyls are you now playing?

I think we had one of those.


When will 8-tracks make a comeback?
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
billy
A pound
Posts: 1477
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 23:47
Location: Dulag luft

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby billy » 14 Oct 2016, 18:40

clive gash wrote:Got an idea that you know'll get fifteen views and one reply? Let's put them here.

The Action/Mighty Baby - if they'd sorted themselves out properly then a place at the top UK table would be guaranteed - Beatles, Who, Action/Mighty Baby.


Fucking right on the nostrilised fanny!
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 13770
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Jimbo » 14 Oct 2016, 19:22

Names of bands you were in.

Me, The Freudian Slips, Smack Mahoney
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37416
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Oct 2016, 19:29

clive gash wrote:What vinyls are you now playing?


Yeah well
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 16062
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby The Great Defector » 14 Oct 2016, 19:32

Morrissey's a cunt, discuss.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38863
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 14 Oct 2016, 19:37

Jimbo wrote:Names of bands you were in.

Me, The Freudian Slips, Smack Mahoney


In chronological order:

Pan-Galactic Straw Boss
Smallmouth
Satan's Arch Enemy G.O.D
The Co-Operators
4-Star Movie
The Tune-Ahs
The Soft
The Dickens
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 16062
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby The Great Defector » 14 Oct 2016, 19:47

Oliver Shit wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Names of bands you were in.

Me, The Freudian Slips, Smack Mahoney


In chronological order:

Pan-Galactic Straw Boss
Smallmouth
Satan's Arch Enemy G.O.D
The Co-Operators
4-Star Movie
The Tune-Ahs
The Soft
The Dickens



Your personal backlog must be massive. Did you find the perfect mix of songs for your greatest hits tour?
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby kewl klive » 14 Oct 2016, 19:52

Count Machuki wrote:
clive gash wrote:What vinyls are you now playing?


Yeah well


The Best of Tim Hardin (£2.99)
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38863
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 14 Oct 2016, 20:46

Dr Markus wrote:
Oliver Shit wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Names of bands you were in.

Me, The Freudian Slips, Smack Mahoney


In chronological order:

Pan-Galactic Straw Boss
Smallmouth
Satan's Arch Enemy G.O.D
The Co-Operators
4-Star Movie
The Tune-Ahs
The Soft
The Dickens



Your personal backlog must be massive. Did you find the perfect mix of songs for your greatest hits tour?


We (all 23 of us) have found a way to play every song each of those bands ever played, all at the same time. You'd love it.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 16062
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby The Great Defector » 14 Oct 2016, 20:53

Oliver Shit wrote:
We (all 23 of us) have found a way to play every song each of those bands ever played, all at the same time. You'd love it.


Yeah sounds good, but you don't sing in your Canadian accents right?
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Dr. E. PLATE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14091
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Dr. E. PLATE » 14 Oct 2016, 21:17

Dr Markus wrote:
Oliver Shit wrote:
We (all 23 of us) have found a way to play every song each of those bands ever played, all at the same time. You'd love it.


Yeah sounds good


You ought to hear it, M. Talk about sonic cathedrals!
GoogaMooga wrote:i am steeped in music history, my friend

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60009
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Oct 2016, 21:58

Oliver Shit wrote:[The Dickens


Short songs by a band named after a long-winded author.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15108
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34
Location: Canadia

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby Loki » 14 Oct 2016, 22:41

billy wrote:nostrilised fanny!



Hmmmmm, the name of a band you were in, or Coan's next user name.
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby kewl klive » 14 Oct 2016, 22:53

:)
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: The thread for music threads you can't be bothered to start

Postby kewl klive » 14 Oct 2016, 22:55

Countdown to Ecstasy (£3.50)
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily