David Bowie RIP

Do talk back
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: David Bowie RIP

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2018, 02:41

Nervous Ned wrote:I think I posted earlier on this thread, but I can’t find it. This is all very subjective, but what I found was that Morley was good on the Golden Years. I’m roughly the same generation as him so his observations about those times tends to fit in with mine. As the narrative moves into the 80’s and beyond his comments become sketchy...probably because there is less Morely can write about albums like Tonight, Tin Machine or BTWN.
There is a very interesting book waiting to be published about this period. For a preview read the relevant entries from Chris O’Leary’s blog ‘Pushing Ahead of the Dame’ ... I think ‘Ashes to Ashes’ will be published this year. I assume it will follow the format of ‘Rebel Rebel’ (chronological song entries) but it should also read well as a biography.

https://bowiesongs.wordpress.com/

I finished the Morley book tonight - and really liked it. I mean, it’s not for non Bowie fans. Younhave to be happy and agreeable to such a level of obsession- and I am. And as I’m generally not interested in the intense level of detail about the making of albums that I don’t LOVE - his non 70s output basically - then I didn’t mind the dip in detail.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2018, 21:00

This made me chortle - Bowie and Jarvis Cocker talking about fags

http://www.acrylicafternoons.com/thebigissue97.html

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 29 Apr 2018, 21:42

The lass and I had a Bowie night with a friends kids. They're 15 and 17 and big Bowie fans so we watched the Ziggy Stardust film and The Man Who Fell To Earth.

They were very excited to see Bowies willy :lol:
Copehead wrote:I have never seen anything that doesn't convince me that Joe Average people who vote Conservative are fundamentally too thick to understand the world

The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 May 2018, 20:51

Dr Markus wrote:

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 16 May 2018, 18:04

Surprise! Welcome to the Blackout comes to CD.

https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2018/5/ ... out-cd-due
Diamond Dog wrote:
That's it.

I've taken the decision.

I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.

Diamond Dog wrote:Bit embarrassed, are we? Try to make light of it, shall we?