Jeemo vs Good Taste

Do talk back
User avatar
THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18613
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: bit reliant on prawns

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI » 14 Apr 2015, 22:50

GoogaMooga wrote:
never/ever wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:Jock says this place would be better off without me, I am sure it would, but I would turn it around and say, I'd be better off without this place. I don't know why I keep coming back for more punishment, I really don't. It is totally irrational of me, and I have not been able to stay away for more than a two week stretch. We'll never see eye to eye on music, but I do find it a bit flattering that Jeemo, in addition to the predictable finger, should go to the trouble of showing me his Trane tee-shirt. Must try harder to keep away, for my own sake, if nothing else.



You could delete your account, if it is too hard. Some people did that just to take a bit of distance from this place.


I get the idea, but after this personal Waterloo of mine, I don't think that will be necessary.


:?:
GoogaMooga wrote:I've been GoogaMooga everywhere since I went online in 2005. There are copycats on the web incl a Brooklyn Food Festival, who have even adopted my camel case "M".

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27331
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Apr 2015, 22:52

GoogaMooga wrote:this personal Waterloo of mine


Boy, I'm just missing everything around here! :lol:
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27331
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Apr 2015, 22:53

Foxhound wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
Foxhound wrote: He's been a dick recently.


If he has, I've missed it. And of course if you asked BCB at large who the assholes are, many many names would come up before his. Present company not excluded.


Well I've not missed it. I've noted it.


And I'm sure your opinion's quite important to him.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 24143
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 Apr 2015, 23:04

'dent' wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:
I get the idea, but after this personal Waterloo of mine, I don't think that will be necessary.


:?:


You "meet your Waterloo" means your plan backfires and you take a solid beating :(
1966 and all that

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15594
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Belle Lettre » 14 Apr 2015, 23:05

That ol' sunken (BCB) road..
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18613
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: bit reliant on prawns

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI » 14 Apr 2015, 23:06

GoogaMooga wrote:
'dent' wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:
I get the idea, but after this personal Waterloo of mine, I don't think that will be necessary.


:?:


You "meet your Waterloo" means your plan backfires and you take a solid beating :(


I'm aware of the meaning.

What does it have to do with your situation?
GoogaMooga wrote:I've been GoogaMooga everywhere since I went online in 2005. There are copycats on the web incl a Brooklyn Food Festival, who have even adopted my camel case "M".

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 24143
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 Apr 2015, 23:08

'dent' wrote:I'm aware of the meaning.

What does it have to do with your situation?


Well, even some allies are turning against me. There is no "situation", though. I've just got to burn that bridge.
1966 and all that

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20670
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Jeemo » 14 Apr 2015, 23:12

And your plan was what?

Seriously what did you want or expect to happen.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 24143
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 Apr 2015, 23:40

You imply (however sarcastically) that I make no distinction between Elvis and Roachford!? That's ludicrous. You know nothing about my taste or collection or knowledge, even as you troll me around the board for years.
1966 and all that

User avatar
Foxhound
Posts: 2415
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 17:52
Location: By the back fence near the tracks.

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Foxhound » 14 Apr 2015, 23:47

toomanyhatz wrote:
Foxhound wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:If he has, I've missed it. And of course if you asked BCB at large who the assholes are, many many names would come up before his. Present company not excluded.


Well I've not missed it. I've noted it.


And I'm sure your opinion's quite important to him.


Must be. He started a whole silly thread in response to my remarks.

:roll:
Brits out of the Falklands!

Evangeline - living on in our hearts though long removed from our shores.

Beebsy wrote:Fuck off. Wanker.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20670
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Jeemo » 14 Apr 2015, 23:52

GoogaMooga wrote:You imply (however sarcastically) that I make no distinction between Elvis and Roachford!? That's ludicrous. You know nothing about my taste or collection or knowledge, even as you troll me around the board for years.


I implied nothing of the sort. There was a number of Elvis vs threads and the daftest example I could think of was vs Roachford.

You say I know nothing about your taste, collection or knowledge. Looking at your first post on this thread you make a lot of assumptions as to what mine is, and then get it totally wrong. Yes, I like ELP never ever hidden that on here, also I am the first one to acknowledge their many faults. Yes, I have been listening to more jazz inc Coltrane over the past few years, so what that it's 25 years after you, I couldn't care less.

There's only one troll here and it isn't me.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20670
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Jeemo » 14 Apr 2015, 23:56

Foxhound wrote:
Must be. He started a whole silly thread in response to my remarks.

:roll:


What thread would that be?
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Foxhound
Posts: 2415
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 17:52
Location: By the back fence near the tracks.

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Foxhound » 15 Apr 2015, 00:11

Whoops! I'm sorry about that. I was wrong. That was a different Brit who started that thread.

:oops:
Brits out of the Falklands!

Evangeline - living on in our hearts though long removed from our shores.

Beebsy wrote:Fuck off. Wanker.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20670
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Jeemo » 15 Apr 2015, 00:14

Foxhound wrote:Whoops! I'm sorry about that. I was wrong. That was a different Brit who started that thread.

:oops:


Bump
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 24143
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Apr 2015, 01:07

Then we've both made wrong assumptions about each other, Jeemo, let's leave it at that. It's not me who's been trolling you for several years now. I've told you time and again that those thrift scores are only part of what I am about, yet you continue to carp about them.
1966 and all that

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20670
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Jeemo » 15 Apr 2015, 01:26

GoogaMooga wrote:Then we've both made wrong assumptions about each other, Jeemo, let's leave it at that. It's not me who's been trolling you for several years now. I've told you time and again that those thrift scores are only part of what I am about, yet you continue to carp about them.


Let's leave it at that, and then you carry on.

If you post about music on a music message board then that music is fair game for comment positive or otherwise. I don't understand why you struggle with that.

I'm not the one that started a thread attempting to put the boot into another poster, by being snidey, condescending and patronising. And then when it all blew up in your face, it's somehow not your fault.

But then you left last week and said you weren't coming back and you came back, then you weren't going to comment further on this thread because Percy Sledge died and yet here you are again.

So let's leave it at that then.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66717
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Apr 2015, 09:38

Jeemo wrote:There's only one troll here and it isn't me.


Correction!!

There is certainly more than one troll on here and, finally, some of those are becoming apparent even to those who have previously staunchly defended their rights to post their trolling drivel on here.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8022
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby soundchaser » 15 Apr 2015, 09:47

First we take Googamooga.

Then we take Foxcat.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66717
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Apr 2015, 09:50

soundchaser wrote:First we take Googamooga.

Then we take Foxcat.



Sex Hedge............
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20670
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Jeemo vs Good Taste

Postby Jeemo » 15 Apr 2015, 09:55

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jeemo wrote:There's only one troll here and it isn't me.


Correction!!

There is certainly more than one troll on here and, finally, some of those are becoming apparent even to those who have previously staunchly defended their rights to post their trolling drivel on here.


I was talking particularly about this thread. It's obvious there are others who gleefully jumped in on this thread to make complete arses of themselves.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.