Self absorbed musings on learning to play and perform with a guitar

Do talk back
Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Re: Self absorbed musings on learning to play and perform with a guitar

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 28 Jun 2017, 17:16

My first post on this thread seems very quaint now
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jun 2017, 18:23

About six years ago, I used to go to a local open mic and try out my songs. The fear of flubbing was much greater than the enjoyment I got being on stage and getting compliments so I quit. I still write songs, but have found I enjoy crafting them more than performing. My guitar teacher and I work on them and occasionally I'll play the recording to friends and family, but even that's pretty rare.

My son was surprised last month when I played him some songs and they were good. That was good enough for me.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

kewl klive
cultural defective

Postby kewl klive » 28 Jun 2017, 18:27

Got them ol' Breakfast Burrito Blues?
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.

Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 22 Sep 2017, 01:54

I know nothing about guitars in terms of what is 'desirable' and what is not but I just rented a Fender with a plug in as I'm playing in public a lot and I can't keep borrowing other people's. My old Epiphone is a little raggedy. Anyway, ducking hell. I brought it home and it's like playing a pat of butter. Gorgeous. Can't wait till my next show!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?