Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Do talk back
User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37746
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Nov 2014, 21:57

clive gash wrote:Hey kid, c'mon over here. You ever heard Govt Issue?



*has complete breakdown*
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16064
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby gash on ignore » 26 Nov 2014, 22:02

Speaking of which

http://www.dc-85.com/government-issue-1987-02-01-2/

Starts with "Visions and ?" :P
Diamond Dog wrote:
That's it.

I've taken the decision.

I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.



Diamond Dog wrote:Bit embarrassed, are we? Try to make light of it, shall we?


User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37746
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Nov 2014, 22:10

I need the shows from about 6-8 years later.
Give me Monorchid or give me death!

http://dcist.com/2010/08/secret_history ... _let_t.php
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16064
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby gash on ignore » 26 Nov 2014, 22:16

Not Q and Not U?
Diamond Dog wrote:
That's it.

I've taken the decision.

I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.



Diamond Dog wrote:Bit embarrassed, are we? Try to make light of it, shall we?


User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37746
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Nov 2014, 22:17

clive gash wrote:Not Q and Not U?


Get outta here.
Frodus, first.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16064
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby gash on ignore » 26 Nov 2014, 22:20

Damn it, remember CM Love is Love.
Diamond Dog wrote:
That's it.

I've taken the decision.

I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.



Diamond Dog wrote:Bit embarrassed, are we? Try to make light of it, shall we?


User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37746
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Nov 2014, 22:24

clive gash wrote:Damn it, remember CM Love is Love.


NO LUNGFISH NO DEAL

anyway, weren't we talking shit about Grohl?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
mission
Posts: 2144
Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 13:39

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby mission » 27 Nov 2014, 11:16

Hugh Grant said he prefers instant coffee.

Is instant coffee the Kool-aid hurricane or is it a whole other thing?
Good.

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12153
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Geezee » 27 Nov 2014, 19:18

Isn't what he's doing essentially a fairly natural progression from what Nirvana were doing in the first place? There were several bands from that era who were pretty focused on raising the profile of the bands they loved and grew up with, and Nirvana were among the most prominent. To my mind, it was so fucking cool at the time to see the Meat Puppets on MTV. It seems to me that this is an extension of the same impulse.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15635
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby bobzilla77 » 27 Nov 2014, 20:17

Isn't what he's doing essentially a fairly natural progression from what Nirvana were doing in the first place?


While no clips are available, I hear from reliable sources that e made an appearance on last night's broadcast of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

No.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.


Bent Fabric
Posts: 2383
Joined: 22 Jul 2014, 21:38

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Bent Fabric » 04 Dec 2014, 01:05

http://brooklynbugle.com/2014/12/03/the-dark-night-of-dave-grohl-a-cautionary-tale/

“See, it’s like this, brother Kurt… I’ll be everywhere—wherever you look. Wherever they’s a moshpit full of people who can’t tell Nickelback from Fugazi, I’ll be there. Wherever there’s a ‘70s rocker and a camera pointed in his or her direction, I’ll be there…Wherever there’s an awards show and some country pop artist singing some song written by some team of hacks, I’ll be in the back bashin’ at the cymbals…Anytime there’s a billionaire rapper or hack movie star lookin’ for some credibility by having a famous rock’n'roller collaboratin’ with ‘em, I’ll be there… An’ anywhere there’s a network exec looking for someone who middle America thinks stands for rock’n’roll—why, I’ll be there, too. See you soon, HR, and happy trails, Kurt – I gotta make a plane to Los Angeles. ‘West Side Pow Wow’ won’t learn itself.”

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 38752
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Charlie O. » 04 Dec 2014, 02:58


Grohl had been a part of every single moderately-visible all-star guest opportunity since the night in Spring, 2002 when he had joined Steve Morse, Captain Sensible, Leonard Phillips and Jim “Dandy” Magnum Mangrum to run through a couple of Dickies songs at a Salute to the Cocoanut T-Zer.

*(cough)*
Image

User avatar
Nolamike
Posts: 13945
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 21:31
Location: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Contact:

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Nolamike » 04 Dec 2014, 04:06

mission wrote:Hugh Grant said he prefers instant coffee.

Is instant coffee the Kool-aid hurricane or is it a whole other thing?


Kinda, but there's a weird touristy element too. Almost as if, say, some old downtown coffee shop in Bogota only had instant coffee, and it became the standard place for tourists in Colombia to go get a cup of coffee (and which no local ever stepped ... and then some asshole tourist went there, and when he got home, bitched about his local coffee shop not "getting it" because they when they served Colombian coffee, it wasn't the same shitty instant coffee put out by the touristy place.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.


Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37746
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Dec 2014, 14:11

Nolamike wrote:
mission wrote:Hugh Grant said he prefers instant coffee.

Is instant coffee the Kool-aid hurricane or is it a whole other thing?


Kinda, but there's a weird touristy element too. Almost as if, say, some old downtown coffee shop in Bogota only had instant coffee, and it became the standard place for tourists in Colombia to go get a cup of coffee (and which no local ever stepped ... and then some asshole tourist went there, and when he got home, bitched about his local coffee shop not "getting it" because they when they served Colombian coffee, it wasn't the same shitty instant coffee put out by the touristy place.


Nice metaphor, dude.
:)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Nolamike
Posts: 13945
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 21:31
Location: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Contact:

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Nolamike » 04 Dec 2014, 14:29

Count Machuki wrote:
Nolamike wrote:
mission wrote:Hugh Grant said he prefers instant coffee.

Is instant coffee the Kool-aid hurricane or is it a whole other thing?


Kinda, but there's a weird touristy element too. Almost as if, say, some old downtown coffee shop in Bogota only had instant coffee, and it became the standard place for tourists in Colombia to go get a cup of coffee (and which no local ever stepped ... and then some asshole tourist went there, and when he got home, bitched about his local coffee shop not "getting it" because they when they served Colombian coffee, it wasn't the same shitty instant coffee put out by the touristy place.


Nice metaphor, dude.
:)


I figured you'd like the Colombian angle.

I was drinking rum. What can I say? :)
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.


Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37746
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Dec 2014, 14:34

It's apt, though. The backlash now in Bogota is against traitor Colombians who drink Starbucks (there are many).
I dunno, it'd be like The Nolamike Crew eating "McPoBoys"

Or, like, a rock journo putting a Foo Fighters record on a year end poll. They should know better, y'know?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Bent Fabric
Posts: 2383
Joined: 22 Jul 2014, 21:38

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Bent Fabric » 04 Dec 2014, 16:42

From the "Whitey On The Moon 2014" file, comes this summary of the December 3, 2015 episode of the Daily Show:

Eric Garner's death receives no justice, Senate appoints two unqualified ambassadors, Samantha Bee reports on pinkwashing, and Dave Grohl discusses "Sonic Highways".

User avatar
BOLLY BEE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 16785
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby BOLLY BEE » 06 Dec 2014, 14:32

Nice to see Roky in the one on Austin. Everyone talked about him like he was God. Rightly so, probably.
Copehead wrote:Rather amusingly I remembered a very expensive 3* meal I ate that did disappoint slightly

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37746
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Dec 2014, 17:51

Hey, LAYDEEZ....!

"Imagine if Dave Grohl played his guitar with no pants on, and he just shredded while his naked pink dick just flapped around? That is Sonic Highways."


Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways Systematically Erases Women in Music (@Jezebel)



(ps...talk about your buried lede)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 3515
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby Fonz » 06 Dec 2014, 21:14

Fucking Hell!

The broads get TOO MUCH fucking airtime as far as I'm concerned!

Seriously though; I think the male:female airtime quotient seems about right to me. Rock music has always been male-dominated. Why should this show be any different? I'm not a fan of positive discrimination.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."