STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 12 Feb 2018, 23:03

Grok!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 12 Feb 2018, 23:05

*whimper*
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
The Velvet Underground
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby The Velvet Underground » 12 Feb 2018, 23:07

Day off for Hodgie tomorrow, I think. Not only has he sustained serious online injuries but he's shamed himself by not knowing the meaning of 'overreaching'.
Diamond Dog wrote:It's derivative shite. Like everything else they made.

Dull, uninventive two chord shite, for people with no capacity for thought.

User avatar
The Velvet Underground
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby The Velvet Underground » 12 Feb 2018, 23:08

Oh - it's half-term!

that explains a few things
Diamond Dog wrote:It's derivative shite. Like everything else they made.

Dull, uninventive two chord shite, for people with no capacity for thought.

User avatar
The Velvet Underground
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby The Velvet Underground » 12 Feb 2018, 23:11

A schoolteacher taking his lead from a postman :lol:
Diamond Dog wrote:It's derivative shite. Like everything else they made.

Dull, uninventive two chord shite, for people with no capacity for thought.

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 12 Feb 2018, 23:11

OCT wrote:Day off for Hodgie tomorrow, I think. Not only has he sustained serious online injuries but he's shamed himself by not knowing the meaning of 'overreaching'.


Ooh you bitch!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8377
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby Pansy Puff » 13 Feb 2018, 07:49

OCT wrote:Day off for Hodgie tomorrow, I think. Not only has he sustained serious online injuries but he's shamed himself by not knowing the meaning of 'overreaching'.

You obviously know nothing about music. You fire out a few 'overreaching' statements to sound knowledgeable and impress Clive, but your substance behind it is to copy one person's attempt at the chords if the song. You don't know (a) if it's correct, (b) when chord changes are overreaching.

The funny thing is, had you explained your thinking, it could have made for an interesting discussion. But you have no substance to anything you say.

And you seem obsessed with my job - you're really strange. Do you not have to keep busy in Carlisle?
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 13 Feb 2018, 08:32

Diamond Dog wrote:Definition of overreach
transitive verb
1 : to reach above or beyond : overtop
2 : to defeat (oneself) by seeking to do or gain too much
3 : to get the better of especially in dealing and bargaining and typically by unscrupulous or crafty methods
intransitive verb
1 of a horse : to strike the forefoot with the front part of the hind foot
2 a : to go to excess
b : exaggerate
3 : to overreach oneself


Okay - so which of those is Bowie "guilty of" here?

I'm guessing it can only apply to 2, 2a or 2b (but if I'm wrong please let me know).

So which were you referring to - and then we can have an adult debate about why you think there are ‘over readingchord changes'?

Thank you in anticipation.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
The Velvet Underground
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby The Velvet Underground » 14 Feb 2018, 12:18

Looks like there are no prefects on duty this morning! YIPPEE
Diamond Dog wrote:It's derivative shite. Like everything else they made.

Dull, uninventive two chord shite, for people with no capacity for thought.

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 14 Feb 2018, 13:06

The BCB Police took a thrashing yesterday 8-)

Mind you, they’re probably too busy with their proper jobs, girlfriends, lives - you know, adding some meaning to their existences.

It’s an approach that has certainly filled them with a playful joie de vivre.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
The Velvet Underground
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby The Velvet Underground » 14 Feb 2018, 13:27

:lol:
Diamond Dog wrote:It's derivative shite. Like everything else they made.

Dull, uninventive two chord shite, for people with no capacity for thought.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8377
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby Pansy Puff » 14 Feb 2018, 13:29

You can always rely on Gash to come running when you need him, John. Now that Skope's gone he needs an Ozymandius.

The words 'circle' and 'jerk' spring to mind.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 14 Feb 2018, 13:33

And he’s off!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
The Velvet Underground
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby The Velvet Underground » 14 Feb 2018, 13:34

How many to make a circle, Hodgie?
Diamond Dog wrote:It's derivative shite. Like everything else they made.

Dull, uninventive two chord shite, for people with no capacity for thought.

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 14 Feb 2018, 13:36

Careful mate he’ll batter you.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10063
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: Red Hen restaurant

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby Samoan » 14 Feb 2018, 13:36

SHUT THIS BLOODY THREAD DOWN
Nikki Gradual wrote: Santana is just lift music really, isn’t it?

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 14 Feb 2018, 13:37

Another outburst!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8377
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby Pansy Puff » 14 Feb 2018, 13:56

Samoan wrote:SHUT THIS BLOODY THREAD DOWN

*Sigh* I assume I'll get the blame.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby the gorton gollum » 16 Feb 2018, 11:57

Well that turned into the Word Association thread pretty quickly :roll:
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
The Velvet Underground
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: STICKY - An all-purpose, hurt-free threadcrapping thread

Postby The Velvet Underground » 16 Feb 2018, 23:05

I think the third one’s the lie.
Diamond Dog wrote:It's derivative shite. Like everything else they made.

Dull, uninventive two chord shite, for people with no capacity for thought.