Kate Bush UK shows

Do talk back
User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Apr 2018, 08:49

Kate to pay 'tribute' to Emily Bronte...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43897500
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Jul 2018, 15:54

Discuss.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 40084
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Charlie O. » 30 Jul 2018, 20:21

Kate's poetic tribute:

Emily B. wrote a book
I read it and took
Inspiration and made
A record that got played
On the radio like mad
Next thing I knew, I had
A number one on the chart
It was a hell of a start
To my distinguished career
So to E.B. I say: "Dear
Em, thanks for the push!
Sincerely, Kate Bush"
Image

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17188
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby clive gash » 30 Jul 2018, 20:25

Prose worthy of Macca circa London Town!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...


User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Sep 2018, 09:29

"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 07:31

So Kate announces casually last night that she is going to re-release her whole catalogue , remastered and with added rarities, in November :

http://katebush.com/news/album-remaster ... are-tracks

Pre-order from 2pm TODAY!
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10181
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 04 Oct 2018, 08:02

"remastered by Kate and James Guthrie"

Sounds promising!
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 08:06

It's going to cost a fucking fortune but...ffs!
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18022
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Oct 2018, 08:28

Diamond Dog wrote:It's going to cost a fucking fortune but...ffs!

Yep :lol:

No mention of the CD box sets but I assume they follow they same contents as the vinyl.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 08:36

trans-chigley express wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:It's going to cost a fucking fortune but...ffs!

Yep :lol:

No mention of the CD box sets but I assume they follow they same contents as the vinyl.


There's photos and listings of the CD sets, but no individual track listing (as you say, I assume it will be the same as the vinyl).
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10181
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 04 Oct 2018, 08:56

Diamond Dog wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:It's going to cost a fucking fortune but...ffs!

Yep :lol:

No mention of the CD box sets but I assume they follow they same contents as the vinyl.


There's photos and listings of the CD sets, but no individual track listing (as you say, I assume it will be the same as the vinyl).


A bit confusing
but there is track listing for the last four CDs in the second box
from that I guess that the other CDs have the same track listing as the original CDs
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 08:59

Amazon UK have the vinyl sets for £90 each and the CD sets for £99 each.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10181
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 04 Oct 2018, 09:12

Diamond Dog wrote:Amazon UK have the vinyl sets for £90 each and the CD sets for £99 each.


I find the CD sets for £59.99 !?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-Katherine-Sh ... remastered
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 09:16

And now the individual vinyl albums are up for £27 and the CD's are £14 (I think).

Amazon has gone mental!
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18022
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Oct 2018, 09:20

ConnyOlivetti wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Amazon UK have the vinyl sets for £90 each and the CD sets for £99 each.


I find the CD sets for £59.99 !?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-Katherine-Sh ... remastered

box set 1 is £59.99 and box set 2 is £99.99

The albums in box set 2 do not need remastering at all so it seems pointless buying that but that's the set that includes all the extras. Clever way to make you part with your money for loads of stuff you don't need or want. I want all those b-sides though :x

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10181
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 04 Oct 2018, 09:28

trans-chigley express wrote:box set 1 is £59.99 and box set 2 is £99.99

The albums in box set 2 do not need remastering at all so it seems pointless buying that but that's the set that includes all the extras. Clever way to make you part with your money for loads of stuff you don't need or want. I want all those b-sides though :x

Indeed
strange that box 1 have 7 discs
and box 2 have only 5 and cost more
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17188
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby clive gash » 04 Oct 2018, 09:34

So if you want the rarities (all of which were recorded/released in the timeframe covered by the cheaper first box) you have to buy the more expensive second box.

Nice one Kate.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...


User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 09:49

The individual vinyl albums like Red Shoes & Aerial are the gold here - previously costing anywhere from £130-300 per album. Obviously the IV vinyl set is also essential (even at £90).

The CD sets - to be honest, they will turn up... somehow...somewhere... costing a lot less than £160 for the pair.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 09:52

Odd too how there are different release dates... 2nd, 16th & 30th November according to Amazon.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68070
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2018, 12:42

From Superdeluxeedition: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... -box-sets/



"Kate Bush will release remastered versions of all her studio albums, along with selected rarities, on CD and vinyl, in a series of box sets next month.

In total there will be four vinyl box sets and two CD boxes. Initially, two vinyl boxes and the first of the two CD boxeswill be released on 16 November. These cover the albums The Kick Inside (1978), Lionheart (1978), Never For Ever (1980), The Dreaming (1982), Hounds of Love (1985), The Sensual World (1989) and The Red Shoes (1993).

Then, on 30 November, two further vinyl boxes and the second of the two CD boxes will be released. These complete the studio albums – Aerial (2005), Director’s Cut (2011), 50 Words For Snow (2011) – and bring together rarities including 12-inch mixes, B-sides and covers. In total, there are 18 vinyl records across the four vinyl box sets and 18 CDs across the two CD boxes"

And:


"The only difference I can make out in the content is that the CD box sets contains the Before The Dawn live album, while that album is not included in any of the vinyl box sets. All the audio has been remastered by Kate and James Guthrie except for Before The Dawn which is the original mastering.

There are four discs of rarities (full track listing below): 12″ mixes, two discs of B-sides and covers. This does not look complete by any means, since there are extended mixes from The Red Shoes era missing, B-sides like ‘Not This Time’ and ‘Dreamtime’ are AWOL, there’s no instrumental of ‘Running Up That Hill’, no ‘video mix’ of ‘Cloudbusting’ and various other omissions. Full analysis will follow.

As stated above, the first two vinyl box sets and the first CD box are released on 16 November, with the remainder following on 30 November. The albums are also being released separately, but not the four rarities discs in the boxes (what did you expect?)."
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."