Kate Bush UK shows

Do talk back
trans-chigley express

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby trans-chigley express » 24 Sep 2014, 13:45

Sad bastard that I am I actually had the ticket in my shopping cart just to see if I could buy it then cancelled it. I live 5 a minute drive from HK airport but even if there was a plane waiting for me I wouldn't even make the encore.

The tickets seems to have gone now. Sunfighter?

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 24 Sep 2014, 14:24

Tickets for Saturday keep flashing up if anyone local is interested.

HotRats

Postby HotRats » 24 Sep 2014, 18:45

trans-chigley express wrote:Tickets for Saturday keep flashing up if anyone local is interested.

God yes. Is there are pattern to these mythical tickets? Any particular times of day?

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 24 Sep 2014, 23:25

Sunfighter wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:Tickets for Saturday keep flashing up if anyone local is interested.

God yes. Is there are pattern to these mythical tickets? Any particular times of day?

They seem to show up when I look late in the evening my time (9-11pm) which would be early afternoon UK time so perhaps try then. I didn't try and buy the Saturday ticket like I did with the one for last night's show (I just wanted to see if they were real or just glitches - that one was real alright). Sometimes they flash up as available on the main page but not on the pages for individual nights. If I was you I would definitely try on the day of the show if you can make it.

I was actually trying for a ticket for the last show 1st October in the hope that I could grab a last minute bargain flight over to London as Hong Kong has Public Holidays next week leaving me free to nip over for a couple of nights. A cheap flight is looking unlikely though. Malaysian Airlines offer the lowest deal but I'd be shitting myself the whole flight.

HotRats

Postby HotRats » 30 Sep 2014, 15:57

So, we're almost at the end. I kept on trying to get another ticket until saturday, but I reluctantly I have had to admit defeat. I know I can't complain, having seen it once, but part of me is very sad that I won't get to see it again.

The question is, will any of us ever see anything like that again?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Sep 2014, 15:59

Sunfighter wrote:So, we're almost at the end. I kept on trying to get another ticket until saturday, but I reluctantly I have had to admit defeat. I know I can't complain, having seen it once, but part of me is very sad that I won't get to see it again.

The question is, will any of us ever see anything like that again?

Yes - Baron gets a re-enactment every Friday night after I've had enough gin.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Sep 2014, 16:05

When I told Rebecca about these Kate Bush shows and the history of her performances and the length people have gone to see her, she said "I would have divorced you if you had bought a ticket and gone (no way would she have wanted to go).
:o She just doesn't understand. :cry:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 30 Sep 2014, 16:29

A rave review from Killing Joke's Youth.

http://louderthanwar.com/kate-bush-live ... ling-joke/
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Sep 2014, 16:39

Jeff K wrote:A rave review from Killing Joke's Youth.

Great! Thanks for that.
Funny he mentions The Big Sky... I wish she had done that instead of Cloudbusting too. My solitary complaint.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Kate Bush UK shows

Postby doctorlouie » 30 Sep 2014, 23:02

I just spoke to one of the staff at Hallam University and she said how much she loved it. Apart from the pantomime, which she thought was awful.

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Oct 2014, 02:33

Minnie the Minx wrote:

Great! Thanks for that.
Funny he mentions The Big Sky... I wish she had done that instead of Cloudbusting too. My solitary complaint.

Oh yes! With those drums! It would sound ace live.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 01 Oct 2014, 04:24

brotherlouie wrote:I just spoke to one of the staff at Hallam University and she said how much she loved it. Apart from the pantomime, which she thought was awful.

What pantomime?

Dr Markus wrote:

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 01 Oct 2014, 06:56

The dressing up and so on. She loved Kate and was moved and all that, but thought the theatrical stuff was silly, I'm afraid.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 01 Oct 2014, 07:50

Six String wrote:When I told Rebecca about these Kate Bush shows and the history of her performances and the length people have gone to see her, she said "I would have divorced you if you had bought a ticket and gone (no way would she have wanted to go).

Pretty much my wife's reaction too. :(

I still kept looking till the end in the hope I could grab a cheap flight as Cathay Pacific have weekly offers often with very cheap flights to UK but there's been absolutely nothing during the show's run. I notice now that they're offering a cheap one. A bit bleedin' late Cathay. My wife would not have minded so much if I could have grabbed a cheap flight although would still think I was a bit mental.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 01 Oct 2014, 08:38

"The audience staggered out like stunned mullets"

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2014, 14:22

Minnie the Minx wrote:

Great! Thanks for that.

Ooooh no..... "Cloudbusting" was freaking epic!
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Oct 2014, 16:17

Diamond Dog wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:

Great! Thanks for that.

Ooooh no..... "Cloudbusting" was freaking epic!

I can imagine...I just love TBS more.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Oct 2014, 16:52

trans-chigley express wrote:
Six String wrote:When I told Rebecca about these Kate Bush shows and the history of her performances and the length people have gone to see her, she said "I would have divorced you if you had bought a ticket and gone (no way would she have wanted to go).

Pretty much my wife's reaction too. :(

I still kept looking till the end in the hope I could grab a cheap flight as Cathay Pacific have weekly offers often with very cheap flights to UK but there's been absolutely nothing during the show's run. I notice now that they're offering a cheap one. A bit bleedin' late Cathay. My wife would not have minded so much if I could have grabbed a cheap flight although would still think I was a bit mental.

Yeah, it would have been to complicated, even with Rebecca's blessing. My situation a t work right now would have made it near impossible to get the time off not to mention the flight cost from California, even heavily discounted. I'm looking forward to the DVD.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Canis lupus

Postby Canis lupus » 06 Oct 2014, 21:00

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/06/internet-hyperbole-charlie-brooker

For weeks I’d been told by seemingly everyone on the internet that witnessing Kate Bush live was a life-changing event; a transformative experience of staggering magnitude. Attendees described a sort of positive version of the climactic ark-opening sequence from Raiders of the Lost Ark, of thousands of people simultaneously overpowered by a work of supernatural genius. Apparently these people didn’t simply attend a rock concert – they were French-kissed by God. So majestic was the performance, all the molecules in their bodies were disassembled and temporarily rearranged into a pulsating jellyfish of pure enjoyment, basking helplessly yet blissfully on the shores of Lake Kate, before the stunning finale finally healed and reformed them and sent them on their way. They crawled from the venue on all fours, uncontrollably weeping and soiling themselves all the way home. Hours later, once they’d finished shaking, they went on Twitter and explained how even the typographical layout of the ticket stub had made them cry nine times.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Oct 2014, 21:04

:lol:

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Yakety Yak”