NOW PLAYING.

Do talk back
User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17940
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Ohio

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 22 Apr 2020, 03:58

This is incredible.

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17940
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Ohio

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 23 Apr 2020, 04:50

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Six String
Posts: 20855
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Six String » 23 Apr 2020, 23:04

pcqgod wrote:This is incredible.

Image


From the '73 tour? If yes, I concur.

NP Little Walter Best Of (Chess 50th anniv. edition)

Going to Chess Studio/museum was a highlight for me during the Chicago JU (#2) a few years ago. Getting to hold and play Willie Dixon's bass was pretty cool.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17940
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Ohio

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 24 Apr 2020, 04:45

Six String wrote:
pcqgod wrote:This is incredible.

Image


From the '73 tour? If yes, I concur.



Indeed. Inhuman energy on "Midnight Rambler," "Rip this Joint" and the jam at the end of "Street Fighting Man."
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter
Posts: 23160
Joined: 03 Oct 2004, 18:24
Location: In a library, probly.
Contact:

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby doctorlouie » 24 Apr 2020, 11:42

Working through the YES catalogue in order. From 'YES' to 'Tormato'. No bonus tracks, no comps, no live LPs. Currently on Time and A Word. I enjoyed YES on my short walk round the block.

Was playing: Image

Now playing: Image

User avatar
doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter
Posts: 23160
Joined: 03 Oct 2004, 18:24
Location: In a library, probly.
Contact:

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby doctorlouie » 24 Apr 2020, 11:51

Remind me how to post images. I think I'm doing it right but it ain't showing.

User avatar
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 43957
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Dr. Baron » 24 Apr 2020, 18:00

DREAM SYNDICATE Universe Inside

Holy shit, it really IS a psych epic!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String
Posts: 20855
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Six String » 25 Apr 2020, 01:40

Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane (Prestige)
A great pairing of talents, a pairing I would have not picked but still very successful outcome.

Six String
Posts: 20855
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Six String » 25 Apr 2020, 05:06

NP Miles In Tokyo
With Sam Rivers!

Six String
Posts: 20855
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Six String » 26 Apr 2020, 00:31

WP Steve Young - Primal Young

NP Steve Young - Renegade Picker

Six String
Posts: 20855
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Six String » 26 Apr 2020, 04:12

NP James Gang Rides Again (MoFi CD)
A classic American rock album.

Positive Passion
Posts: 1168
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Positive Passion » 26 Apr 2020, 11:22

Moon Safari - Air.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2421
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Rorschach » 27 Apr 2020, 19:45

Now playing Fiona Apple's first album, as half-heartedly recommended by a couple of people:

Image
Bugger off.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2421
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Rorschach » 27 Apr 2020, 19:47

doctorlouie wrote:Remind me how to post images. I think I'm doing it right but it ain't showing.


You have to copy 'image address' rather than 'link address', if that's the problem. That's the mistake I usually make.
Bugger off.

User avatar
doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter
Posts: 23160
Joined: 03 Oct 2004, 18:24
Location: In a library, probly.
Contact:

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby doctorlouie » 28 Apr 2020, 11:01

Rorschach wrote:
doctorlouie wrote:Remind me how to post images. I think I'm doing it right but it ain't showing.


You have to copy 'image address' rather than 'link address', if that's the problem. That's the mistake I usually make.


Thanks. Sorted. You're a gem.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 56498
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Carlsson » 28 Apr 2020, 13:45

doctorlouie wrote:Working through the YES catalogue in order. From 'YES' to 'Tormato'. No bonus tracks, no comps, no live LPs. Currently on Time and A Word. I enjoyed YES on my short walk round the block.

Was playing: Image

Now playing: Image


Shouldn't these be over on Prog/Reap Corner lad....?

Tut tut




[the next one is a monster - seminal and robust]







.
robertff wrote:He [Ronnie James Dio] was better than Lee Jackson, I'll give you that and Ronnie Wood

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17940
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Ohio

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 29 Apr 2020, 04:04

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Six String
Posts: 20855
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Six String » 29 Apr 2020, 05:01

Yay Junior!

NP Waylon & Willie (RCA)
It's Not Supposed To Be That Way crushes me.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31215
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2020, 16:19

Flux - Uncarved Block
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 43957
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Apr 2020, 15:24

C wrote:
doctorlouie wrote:Working through the YES catalogue in order. From 'YES' to 'Tormato'. No bonus tracks, no comps, no live LPs. Currently on Time and A Word. I enjoyed YES on my short walk round the block.

Was playing: Image

Now playing: Image


Shouldn't these be over on Prog/Reap Corner lad....?

Tut tut




[the next one is a monster - seminal and robust]







.


On the contrary, C. Shouldn't what is posted in the so-called "Prog Corner" all be posted here, as they are, indeed "Now Playing?" The same is true for the superfluous NP Vinyl thread, of course. Come home to the true Broad Church.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.