NOW PLAYING.

Do talk back
User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 16739
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 22 Jun 2018, 02:36

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10052
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 22 Jun 2018, 08:40

NP
Image

dl link in the secret area/from me to you :-)
with VIDEO!
Last edited by ConnyOlivetti on 24 Jun 2018, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
driftin
Posts: 630
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 03:23

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby driftin » 22 Jun 2018, 21:41

Image

Kink Gong - Dian Long

Take loads of field recordings, Chinese folk music, and a whole bunch of delicate sounding acoustic instruments, mash them together in a Nurse With Wound style and you have this. What a strange and gorgeous thing, right up there with Autechre's NTS 2 and Rabies's Shadow World as one of the best of the year. If Kemialliset Ystävät were Asian they'd probably sound something like this.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5302
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 Jun 2018, 21:55

driftin wrote:
Kink Gong - Dian Long

Take loads of field recordings, Chinese folk music, and a whole bunch of delicate sounding acoustic instruments, mash them together in a Nurse With Wound style and you have this. What a strange and gorgeous thing, right up there with Autechre's NTS 2 and Rabies's Shadow World as one of the best of the year. If Kemialliset Ystävät were Asian they'd probably sound something like this.

That sounds immense. I've got to investigate that one.

But I'm listening to Yellow Swans' Live at War Crimes #3 again right now, and it cannot be interrupted.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
driftin
Posts: 630
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 03:23

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby driftin » 23 Jun 2018, 01:15

Darkness_Fish wrote:
driftin wrote:
Kink Gong - Dian Long

Take loads of field recordings, Chinese folk music, and a whole bunch of delicate sounding acoustic instruments, mash them together in a Nurse With Wound style and you have this. What a strange and gorgeous thing, right up there with Autechre's NTS 2 and Rabies's Shadow World as one of the best of the year. If Kemialliset Ystävät were Asian they'd probably sound something like this.

That sounds immense. I've got to investigate that one.

But I'm listening to Yellow Swans' Live at War Crimes #3 again right now, and it cannot be interrupted.

I only have War Crimes #1 so I can't back up or dispute your claim that #3 is the best noise album ever. Right or wrong, it's certainly one of about five things by Yellow Swans.

If we're going by the one album per artist or band rule, Jason Crumer's Ottoman Black and Burning Star Core's The Very Heart of the World would be tied for second place.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 16739
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 24 Jun 2018, 16:24

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5302
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Darkness_Fish » 25 Jun 2018, 21:25

Image
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 16739
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 26 Jun 2018, 03:05

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 14961
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Jimbo » 26 Jun 2018, 16:48

Image

What happened to the sensitive, folky singer songwriter? This is amazing, funky, soulful, down and dirty rockin' shit!
Gadfly

User avatar
driftin
Posts: 630
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 03:23

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby driftin » 27 Jun 2018, 08:38

Image

Easy contender for most summery album of all time.

User avatar
driftin
Posts: 630
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 03:23

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby driftin » 27 Jun 2018, 09:44

Image

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5302
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Darkness_Fish » 27 Jun 2018, 09:50

Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Starringo
Posts: 171
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 09:16

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Starringo » 27 Jun 2018, 10:35

Beck ‎– One Foot In The Grave
Image

24 years old today

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42691
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby LeBaron » 27 Jun 2018, 14:15

Something bracing for the morning

Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42691
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby LeBaron » 27 Jun 2018, 14:55

And then there’s the masterpiece

Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5302
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Darkness_Fish » 28 Jun 2018, 10:43

Image
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 16739
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby pcqgod » 29 Jun 2018, 03:42

Like the middle ground between The Cramps and Hawkwind.

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5302
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Darkness_Fish » 29 Jun 2018, 09:47

Image

It's been so long since I last dug this out, must be more than a year. I remember hearing Sigur for the first time, and thinking just how strange, and uniquely beautiful this is. Sadly, it was definitely unique, and not something they ever recreated. Still, how many bands ever record something quite this good?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 1877
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby Purgatory Brite » 29 Jun 2018, 14:19

Image

User avatar
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"
Posts: 29955
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:26
Location: MacAndys Farm

Re: NOW PLAYING.

Postby andymacandy » 29 Jun 2018, 15:27

Image
Bless the weather.......Image