Postby nathan » 28 Oct 2015, 15:58

Various Artists
Color of Noise: The Amphetamine Reptile Records Story Soundtrack Volume 1

DETAILS
Format: 2 x LP
Label: MVD Audio
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

A sampling of the music that was the journey of Amphetamine Reptile Records head honcho Tom Hazelmyer. From the early hardcore band Tom fronted to classic cuts from UNSANE, HELMET, MUDHONEY, COWS, TODAY IS THE DAY, MELVINS and more! This soundtrack chronicles a summary of Hazelmyer's impact on American Punk Rock. Limited edition pressing on 150 Gram colored vinyl. One record blue, one red. Includes download card.

Track List
Disc 1: King Barry and The Sinister Soulsters - Hooks McGee, Todlachen - Parasite, Otto's Chemical Lounge - Trip With Me, Halo Of Flies - Headburn, Thrown Ups - Reconstructed Hoo Hoo (Live), Mudhoney - Twenty Four, God Bullies - War On Everybody (Live), Lubricated Goat - Play Dead (Live), King Snake Roost - My Zippo, Unsane - Cracked Up, Helmet - Your Head, Melvins - Night Goat
Disc 2: Vertigo - Big Black Bugs, Hammerhead - U.V., Janitor Joe - Boys in Blue, Cows - Heave Ho, Today Is The Day - Come On Down And Get Saved, Chokebore - 60,000 Pounds, Guzzard - Glued, Unsane - Scrape, Love 666 - Bummer, H•O•F w/Gay Witch Abortion - Choking on Vomit, Gay Witch Abortion - Girl Pop Soda (Live), Helios Creed - Galactic Center

:x

bobzilla77

Re: Record Store Black Friday 2015 - November 27th

Postby bobzilla77 » 28 Oct 2015, 17:38

^^Did they skip your band? Looks like a Vol 2 will be coming along in the foreseeable future.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Nov 2015, 00:10

JUST EIGHT DAYS TO GO, GUYS!!!!!

:|

Record Store Black Friday 2015 - November 27th
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Nov 2015, 04:56

I'm not even sure I'm going to bother going to the store to see what they have. I haven't seen anything I feel I need to own and it's overpriced for the most part.

There are memos that have leaked about prices on new vinyl going up significantly, like 30-40%! No way I would be paying that kind of dosh for the new Dave Alvin lp.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 27 Nov 2015, 18:17

I bought the Outkast record. The shop was dead...I was sort of surprised.
I saw that Sonics box, too...I really wanted it but cooler heads prevailed.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Nov 2015, 17:01

I bought the Massey Hall box as I realized I didn't own the music and they did a nice job on the set.

The SRV El Mocambo set had a hype sticker warning that due to the colored vinyl the records might not sound good and might skip. These weren't acknowledged as defects but nuances of the colored vinyl. WTF? That to me is like selling a new car that might not operate properly. You're supposed to just look at it not use it. :roll: :twisted:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 30 Nov 2015, 01:22

Count Machuki wrote:I saw that Sonics box, too...I really wanted it but cooler heads prevailed.

I couldn't maintain my cool...went back and bought this Saturday, and a fine set it is.
I know LITA isn't known for great sounding reissues, but it's freaking garage rock, right? Sounds ok to me, even better loudly.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: Record Store Day 2016 - April 16

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Feb 2016, 00:40

So, here's a list of rumored titles that's been circulating around. Let's talk shit about it!

Albert Hammond Jr. (of The Strokes) - Yours To Keep [LP] (first time on vinyl, debut solo album, indie-retail exclusive)
All-American Rejects - Move Along [LP] (Clear Vinyl with Red & Black Smoky Swirl, gatefold, numbered, indie-retail exclusive)
ALO - Follow The Yarn [10''] (2 studio tracks from the Tangle of Time album sessions and live track from TOT tour, indie-retail exclusive)
Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness - The Canyons [10''] (Gold & White Marbled Vinyl, 45RPM, indie-retail exclusive)
Animals, The - Animal Tracks [10'' EP] (45RPM, the Animals 4th British EP, first time available in the US, indie-retail exclusive)
Anti-Flag - Live Acoustic At 11th Street Records [LP] (Clear Vinyl, download, indie-retail exclusive)
Best Coast - Late 20's b/w Bigger Man [7''] (2 B-Sides from the California Nights recording sessions, white sleeve, indie-retail exclusive)
Bill Evans - Some Other Time: The Lost Session From The Black Forest [2LP] (180 Gram, gatefold, limited, indie-retail exclusive)
Bob Cobert - Dark Shadows (Soundtrack) [LP] (50th Anniversary Edition, Purple 180 Gram Vinyl, original 1966 poster, indie-retail exclusive)
BØRNS - Live On KCRW’S Morning Becomes Eclectic [LP] (Colored Vinyl, insert, indie-retail exclusive)
Brandi Carlile - Live From KEXP [12''] (Colored Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting / Dance The Kung Fu [7''] (newly updated artwork, indie-retail exclusive)
Cheap Trick - Found New Parts [10''] (4 new songs, indie-retail exclusive)
Chvrches - Remix [12'' EP] (4 tracks, indie-retail exclusive)
reedence Clearwater Revival - 1969 Box Set [3LP+3CD+3x7'' EPs] (posters, bumper sticker, 60-page booklet, indie-retail exclusive)
David Bowie - I Dig Everything: The Pye Years 1966 [LP] (Exclusive 50th Anniversary Release, indie-retail exclusive)
Dizzy Gillespie - The Champ [LP] (feats. John Coltrane, Kenny Burrell, Milt Jackson, Art Blakey, etc., indie-retail exclusive)
Easybeats - Good Friday (UK Version) [LP] (180 Gram, Mono, first time available in U.S., indie-retail exclusive)
Five Finger Death Punch - Got Your Six [2LP] (Picture Disc, download, gatefold, limited, indie-retail exclusive)
Florence + The Machine - Delilah / Only Love Can Break Your Heart [12'' EP] (Colored 180 Gram Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Frank Turner - Positive Songs For Negative People (Acoustic) [LP] (indie-retail exclusive)
Frank Zappa - My Guitar / Dog Breath [7''] (Colored Vinyl, remastered 1969 mono recordings, numbered, indie-retail exclusive)
Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions - Isn't It True [7''] (Red Vinyl, new song off upcoming album, plus exclusive b-side track, numbered, indie-retail exclusive)
Hot Hot Heat - Nature Of Things [7''] (Red Vinyl, new song off upcoming album, plus exclusive b-side track, indie-retail exclusive)
Inner Circle/Major Lazer - Bad Boys/Bad Boys Major Lazer Remix [12''] (Colored Vinyl, includes original ''Cops'' theme song and a new remix, new artwork, indie-retail exclusive)
Iron Maiden - The Empire Of The Clouds [12''] (Picture Disc image of 'Eddie', b-side is exclusive interview, gatefold, indie-retail exclusive)
J.D. Crowe & The New South - J.D. Crowe & The New South [LP] (40th Anniversary Edition, 2 bonus tracks, new expanded liner notes, indie-retail exclusive)
James Bay - Chaos And The Calm [LP] (Picture Disc, indie-retail exclusive)
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Sinner (10th Anniversary) [LP] (Clear Vinyl, first time in vinyl, download with bonus videos, indie-retail exclusive)
John Powell - How To Train Your Dragon (Soundtrack) [LP] (Green w/White Veins Colored 180 Gram Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Justin Bieber - Purpose [LP] (Picture Disc, indie-retail exclusive)
Kid Millions feat. J Spaceman (Spiritualized) - Beyond The Confession: Kid Millions Reworks Harry Taussig [LP] (indie-retail exclusive)
Kinks, The - Dave Davies Hits [7'' EP] (indie-retail exclusive)
Kinks, The - Mister Pleasant [7'' EP] (indie-retail exclusive)
La Dispute - Tiny Dots [LP] (live audio from Tiny Dots DVD, indie-retail exclusive)
Lester Young - Blue Lester [LP] (feats. Count Basie, Junior Mance and Roy Haynes, indie-retail exclusive)
Logic - The Incredible True Story [LP] (Picture Disc, indie-retail exclusive)
Madisen Ward And The Mama Bear - Live At Grimeys [LP] (6 live songs from their debut album Skeleton Crew, indie-retail exclusive)
Modern Jazz Quartet - The Quartet (aka ‘The Milt Jackson Quartet’) [LP] (indie-retail exclusive)
Moody Blues, The - Go Now: Moody Blues #1 [LP] (180 Gram, re-release of their first American album on vinyl in almost 40 years, indie-retail exclusive)
Mumford & Sons + Baaba Maal - TBD [12''] (2 exclusive tracks, indie-retail exclusive)
Post Malone - White Iverson / Too Young [12''] (White Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Rob Zombie - Well, Everybody's Fucking In A U.F.O. [10''] (2 new tracks off upcoming album, explicit artwork, 45RPM reverse-groove A-Side, etched B-side, indie-retail exclusive)
Sublime - Jah Won't Pay The Bills [Cassette] (25th anniversary of Sublime's first cassette EP, indie-retail exclusive)
Sublime - Jah Won't Pay The Bills [LP] (first time on vinyl, 25th anniversary of Sublime's first cassette EP, 420 random copies will be on green vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Twiztid - Twiztid Presents: The Dojo [7''] (unreleased track plus instrumental, collector's item for Juggalo fans, indie-retail exclusive)
Vandals, The - Sweatin' To The Oldies [LP] (Clear Vinyl w/Black Splatter, download, landmark live album recorded in 1993, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Across The Universe (Soundtrack) [2LP] (Colored Vinyl, Beatles composition, first time on vinyl, gatefold, numbered, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Disney Favorite Songs [LP] (indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Jazz Dispensary: Cosmic Stash [4LP Four-Way Fold-Out Box] (Translucent Colored Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - John Wick (Soundtrack) [LP] (Gun Metal Color 180 Gram Vinyl, first time on vinyl, bonus tracks not on CD, feats. Marilyn Manson, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Music From The Motion Picture JOY (Soundtrack) [2LP] (Colored Vinyl, feats. Cream, Rolling Stones, Ella Fitzgerald, Ronettes, Bee Gees, etc., gatefold, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Silly Symphony Collection: The Skeleton Dance/Three Little Pigs [10''] (indie-retail exclusive
Various Artists - Star Wars: The Force Awakens ''March Of The Resistance b/w Rey's Theme'' (Soundtrack) [10''] (Picture Disc, limited, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - The Guest (Soundtrack) [2LP] (Purple Vinyl, feats. Clan of Xymox, The Sisters of Mercy and Love & Rockets, gatefold, nummbered, indie-retail exclusive)
Weeknd, The - The Hills Remixes (feat. Eminem and Nicki Minaj) [12''] (indie-retail exclusive)
Bert Jansch - Black Birds Of Brittany / Cuckoo [7''] (limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Bevis Frond, The - Miasma [LP] (Transparent Royal Blue Vinyl, bonus tracks on download, limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive)
Blaze Foley - Duct Tape Messiah (Soundtrack) [LP+DVD] (180 Gram, first timeon vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Goblin - La Via Della Droga (Soundtrack) [LP] (White Vinyl, previously unreleased bonus track, indie-retail exclusive)
Locust - Morning Light [2LP] (gatefold, bonus tracks, first time on vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Shaggs, The - Sweet Maria b/w The Missouri Waltz (Missouri State Song) [7''] (previously unreleased tracks, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Summer Hits, The - Beaches And Canyons [LP] (180 Gram, 2 Tone Brown AndBlack Vinyl, bonus flexi disc, indie-retail exclusive)
Third Power - Believe [LP] (Red Vinyl, gatefold, download, indie-retail exclusive)
Tiger Joanie Scott - Baby I Need Your Lovin' b/w Kansas City [7''] (previously unreleased tracks, limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Heartworn Highways [2LP+BOOK+DVD Box] (40th Anniversary Set, Whiskey Colored Vinyl, gatefold, download, 80 page book, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)
Armando Sciascia - Impressions In Rhythm And Sound [LP] (200 Gram, Interspatial Blue Colored Vinyl, original reproduction front cover artwork, indie-retail exclusive)
Bert Jansch - Colours Are Fading Fast (feat Loren Auerbach) [3LP] (casebound set, includes unreleased album, download, indie-retail exclusive)
Bevis Frond, The - Inner Marshland [LP] (Transparent Deep Purple Vinyl, bonus tracks on download, limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive)
Fabio Fabor / Armando Sciascia - Infini [LP] (200 Gram, Infinite Grey Colored Vinyl, 4 rare extra tracks from the original sessions, indie-retail exclusive)
Giant Sand - The Sun Set: Volume One [8LP] (hardboard slipcase box set, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Goblin - Suspiria / Blind Concert [7''] (Purple Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)
Malcom Lockyer & Bill McGuffie - Dr. Who And The Daleks And 1966 Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. [2LP] (180 Gram, Yellow Vinyl, gatefold, first timeon vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Sense Field - Living Outside [LP] (Electric Blue Viny, first time on vinyl, feat. Ken Andrews (Failure) produced bonus track, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - FTW If It Can't Take A Joke (Dayglo Abortions Tribute) [LP] (limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Wojciech Kilar - The Ninth Gate (Soundtrack) [2LP] (Flame Colored Vinyl, gatefold, limited to 10000, indie-retail exclusive)

Part2

Al Casey - Surfin' Hootenanny [LP] (Swirly Colored Vinyl, Mono, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Al Escobar and his Afro-Cuban Orchestra - Escobar's Rhythmagic [LP] (Gold Vinyl, Mono, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Anthrax - In The End (Trust cover) /Antisocial (unreleased live track) [7''] (limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)
Atreyu - The Best Of Atreyu [2LP] (Bubblegum Pink Vinyl, first time on vinyl, download, split album cover, etched d-side, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive)
Belairs, The - Volcanic Action [LP] (Colored Vinyl, compilation, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Billy Joe Shaver - Wacko From Waco / When Fallen Angels Fly [7''] (first time on vinyl, limited to 1700, indie-retail exclusive)
Brujeria - Viva Presidente Trump! / Pared Del Muerte [7''] (Black, Red, White, Green Vinyl, all limited to 250, indie-retail exclusive)
Burn - Last Great Sea [7''] (Colored Vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Dark Tranquillity - Fiction (Expanded Edition) [LP+7''] (Red Vinyl, 4 songs never before released on vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Challengers, The - Hot Rod Album! [LP] (Red Vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Clutch - RSD 2016 Etched [12''] (2 unreleased tracks from Psychic Warfare sessions, etched side, limited/numbered to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Dave Myers And His Surftones - Gear / Let The Good Times [7''] (Translucent Red Vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Dead Can Dance - Anastasis [2LP] (Green 180 Gram Vinyl, gatefold, download, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)
Death - Vivus!: Dividium Live In Eindhoven, 1998 [2LP] (first time on vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Devo's Gerald Casale - It's All Devo [12'' EP] (new single with remixes from Phunk Investigation, Paul Mendez, etc., limited to 900, indie-retail exclusive)
Electric Prunes, The - I've Got A Way / World Of Darkness [7''] (mono, limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive)
Ezra Furman - Songs By Others [LP] (Silver Vinyl, covers of Beck, Arcade Fire, Melanie, and LCD Soundsystem, limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive)
Grapefruit - Lullaby / Another Game [7''] (2 unreleased tracks from 1968, picture sleeve, limited to 750, indie-retail exclusive)
Greyhouse - Dives To The Deep End [2LP] (limited to 700, indie-retail exclusive)
GWAR - Scumdogs Of The Universe [2LP] (Pop-Up Gatefold artwork, their 1990 release and second album is their best-selling, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Husker Du - In A Free Land [7'' EP] (rare 1982 second release, limited to 1750, indie-retail exclusive)
Iggy & The Stooges - METALLIC K.O. (40th Anniversary) [LP] (Metallic Vinyl, poster, limited to 1250, indie-retail exclusive)
Ignite - Vipers And Thieves / Kitartok [7''] (Colored Vinyl, bonus track, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)
Instead - Proud Youth: 1986-1991 [2LP] (download, limited to 700, indie-retail exclusive)
Jay Reatard - Blood Visions (10th Anniversary) [LP+7''] (Red Vinyl, bonus demos single, gatefold, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive)
Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreaker - Vive La Revolution (Live In Paris 1977) [LP] (limited to 900, indie-retail exclusive)
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The - That's It Baby Right Now We Got To Do It Let's Dance! [LP] (limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Junior Kimbrough - I Gotta Try You Girl (Daft Punk Remix) [12''] (etching, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Kill Holiday - Somewhere Between The Wrong Is Right [LP] (limited to 700, indie-retail exclusive)
KMFDM - Salvataion EP [LP] (previously unreleased, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
L7 - Slap Happy [LP] (indie-retail exclusive)
Lucinda Williams - Just A Little More Faith And Grace [12''] (unrelesaed mixes, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Mark Mothersbaugh (of Devo) - Hello, My Good Friend [12'' EP] (etching, limited to 2250, indie-retail exclusive)
Move, The - Something Else From The Move [7'' EP] (limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Nevermore - The Politics Of Ecstasy (20th Anniversary) [2LP] (Colored Vinyl, first time on vinyl in US, Bonus EP plus demo tracks, gatefold, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive)
New Barbarians (The Rolling Stones) - New Barbarians [10''] (Blood Red Vinyl, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
NOFX - Sid & Nancy / A Eulogy for Gaia [7''] (Colored Vinyl, both tracks previously unreleased, limited to 750, indie-retail exclusive)
Nothing - A.C.D / Suns And Lovers [12''] (White Vinyl, deluxe silkscreened b-side, limited to 1100, indie-retail exclusive)
Remains, The - The Remains [LP] (White Vinyl, Mono, limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive)
Residents, The - Please Do Not Steal It! [LP] (White Vinyl, first time officially available in the US, limited to 1250, indie-retail exclusive)
Reverend Horton Heat - Hardscrabble Woman / Lying To Myself [7''] (Red Vinyl, download, first time on vinyl, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Run The Jewels - VRTJ Viewer [Virtual Reality Music Video] (limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive)
Runaways, The (Joan Jett/Lita Ford) - Right Now / Black Leather [7''] (Red Vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)
Scarface - Deeply Rooted [LP] (Picture Disc, new 2015 album first time on vinyl, feats. Nas, Rick Ross, John Legend, CeeLo, Akon, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)
Shades Apart - Save It. [LP] (Tan Vinyl, limited to 700, indie-retail exclusive)
Soul Asylum - Grave Dancer's Union [2LP] (Translucent Red &Green Vinyl, remastered, individual foil-stamp numbered/limited to 4000, indie-retail exclusive)
SS Warhead - SS Warhead [7''] (Black And White Swirl Vinyl, limited to 400, indie-retail exclusive)
Stephan Jenkins (Third Eye Blind) - Live At Amoeba [12''] (limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)
Todd Rundgren & Utopia - Disco Jets [LP] (1976 album first time on vinyl, limited to 400, indie-retail exclusive)
Tornadoes, The - Beyond The Surf: The Best of The Tornadoes [LP] (Sea Blue Vinyl, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)Valentines, The - The Sound Of (early years of AC/DC's Bon Scott) [LP] (limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - C86 [2LP] (1986 NME/Rough Trade compilation, feats. Primal Scream, Soup Dragons, Fuzzbox, Wedding Present, The Age Of Chance, etc., indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - From Dusk Till Dawn (Soundtrack) [LP] (Blood Splatter Clear Vinyl, remastered, new 20th Anniversary cover, gatefold, etching, numbered/limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Hello Kitty: Hello World [LP] (Picture Disc, limited to 900, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Indecision Records Split Series [2LP] (400 Grey 400 Blue Colored Vinyl, download, first time on vinyl,limited to 800, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - One Voice [12'' EP] (feat. Norah Jones, Aimee Mann, Susanna Hoffs, Lydia Loveless, Neko Case & Brian May, animal charity release, limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - Sunday Nights: Songs Of Junior Kimbrough [2LP] (first time on vinyl, feats. Iggy & Stooges, Spiritualized, The Black Keys, Mark Lanegan, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)
Various Artists - The Blacklist (Television Soundtrack) [LP] (''Decoder Ring'' Red Vinyl, feats. Hozier, Timbre Timbre, Bobby Darin, Gordon Lightfoot, booklet, ltd to 2000, indie-retail exclusive)
Violent Femmes - Memory b/w You Move Me (unreleased) [7''] (limited to 1200, indie-retail exclusive)
Wendy O. Williams - Fuck 'n Roll (Live EP) [LP] (limited to 1250, indie-retail exclusive)

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic ... t-updated/

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Feb 2016, 00:42

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting / Dance The Kung Fu [7''] (newly updated artwork, indie-retail exclusive)

Because the people demanded it!

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 18 Feb 2016, 01:32

Eh, there's stuff I may pick up at a discount after the fact (in particular, some of the Jazz titles, and maybe the Blaze Foley), but nothing I'll be camping out to get.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Kinkhurt

Postby Kinkhurt » 18 Feb 2016, 09:23

"Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreaker - Vive La Revolution (Live In Paris 1977) [LP] (limited to 900, indie-retail exclusive)"

This rocks. I was listening to it just last week, recording is nothing spectacular but the performance is great (but not as great as the Speakeasy London '77 gig, the standard metric for all Heartbreakers recordings in my book) but worth a punt if they aren't charging through the nose for it.
angering the feeble

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 18 Feb 2016, 12:10

Yep, the Blaze Foley is going to be on my shopping list.
Wonder about the sound on the Metallic KO - could be interesting depending on what they've done with ti, if anything.
I'm always surprised each year that they don't do a Pete Laughner rerelease/outtakes - it seems tailourmade for record store day.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 18 Feb 2016, 12:47

Count Machuki wrote:Here we go again...

Anybody?

Can I say that I find the layout/photo/lack of contrast issues of the site hilariously inept?

Yes, I can.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Mar 2016, 15:52

:|

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 08 Mar 2016, 15:56

Sea Of Tunes v2.0 wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Here we go again...

Anybody?

Can I say that I find the layout/photo/lack of contrast issues of the site hilariously inept?

Yes, I can.

It looks much better now.

I am certain the RSD people keep a close watch on BCB, and more precisely on the wise and insightful veterans who write there.

I am satisfied.

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 08 Mar 2016, 15:57

OMG - what type of band calls itself The Clitboys?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Mar 2016, 19:25

The (official) list is out!

USA Record Store Day 2016 List

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Mar 2016, 19:27

WHAT's THIS?!

THE JAMES BROWN REVUE
Get Down At The Apollo With The J.B.'s

DETAILS
Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2016
Release Date: 4/16/2016
Format: 2 x LP
Label: Get On Down
Catalog: GET54082-LP
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
MORE INFO
No performer and venue are as intertwined in excellence as James Brown and Harlem’s fabled Apollo Theater. There are many releases of Brown and his J.B.’s recorded live at the Apollo. But, the performance captured here, originally slated for release in 1973, was not issued after the funk-filled night of its recording in 1972. The material languished until recently when two cuts were included on 2013’s “Best of Live At The Apollo” with a digital release as part of a Live At The Apollo overview. But vinyl? This performance has never seen the vinyl issue it so deserves. In the early 70s Brown and the J.B.’s had reached, let’s call it maximum funk. The performances are impeccable and Brown’s sharing the spotlight with Lyn Collins (The Female Preacher), Bobby Byrd and of course the J.B.’s truly captures the scope of the Brown organization at the time. For the first time ever on LP, Get On Down is proud to present “Get Down At The Apollo With The J.B.’s” as a double LP set for Record Store Day 2015.

1. Danny Ray - Introduction Of The J.B.'s 2. The J.B.'s - Hot Pants Road 3. The J.B.'s - From The Back Side 4. The J.B.'s - Wine Spot 5. Fred Wesley - Introduction Of James Brown 6. James Brown - Never Can Say Goodbye 7. The J.B.'s - Pass The Peas 8. The J.B.'s - Honky Tonk 9. Introduction By James Brown 10. The J.B.'s - Gimme Some More 11. James Brown - There It Is 12. Danny Ray - Introduction Of Lyn Collins 13. Lyn Collins - Do Your Thing 14. Lyn Collins - Think (About It) 15. Lyn Collins - I'll Take You There 16. Danny Ray - Introduction Of Bobby Byrd 17. Bobby Byrd - I Know You Got Soul 18. Bobby Byrd - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right 19. Bobby Byrd - Keep On Doin' What You're Doin'

Georgios

Postby Georgios » 10 Mar 2016, 00:04

It's a pity the much anticipated picture disc of 'Seven Tears' by the Goombay Dance Band isn't going to see the light of day. Maybe next year.

Ghost of Harry Smith

Postby Ghost of Harry Smith » 15 Mar 2016, 14:38

Count Machuki wrote:Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting / Dance The Kung Fu [7''] (newly updated artwork, indie-retail exclusive)

Because the people demanded it!

First 7" I ever bought! Even so, I would't buy it now not even for nostalgia reasons ...it's hard to imagine who would be interested,

Return to “Yakety Yak”