Zappa corner. bung it here.

Do talk back
User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21103
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 08 Aug 2019, 19:07

I watched Roxy and Elsewhere The Movie last night. Not very good to be honest.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53932
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby C » 11 Aug 2019, 13:53

Jeemo wrote:I watched Roxy and Elsewhere The Movie last night. Not very good to be honest.


It doesn't surprise my lad

Nay, it doesn't surprise me





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8470
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby soundchaser » 11 Aug 2019, 15:44

C wrote:
Jeemo wrote:I watched Roxy and Elsewhere The Movie last night. Not very good to be honest.


It doesn't surprise my lad

Nay, it doesn't surprise me


.


Zappa family trust, again?

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21103
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 11 Aug 2019, 20:26

soundchaser wrote:
C wrote:
Jeemo wrote:I watched Roxy and Elsewhere The Movie last night. Not very good to be honest.


It doesn't surprise my lad

Nay, it doesn't surprise me


.


Zappa family trust, again?


it had been an ongoing project for years, there were syncing issues but they were overcome but in actual fact it's just boring and very dully filmed.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8470
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby soundchaser » 11 Aug 2019, 20:45

Jeemo wrote:
soundchaser wrote:
C wrote:
It doesn't surprise my lad

Nay, it doesn't surprise me


.


Zappa family trust, again?


it had been an ongoing project for years, there were syncing issues but they were overcome but in actual fact it's just boring and very dully filmed.


Ah, thanks. Was this also franchised for fans to buy into to sell, or am I thinking of just the album?

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21103
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 11 Aug 2019, 21:42

soundchaser wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
soundchaser wrote:
Zappa family trust, again?


it had been an ongoing project for years, there were syncing issues but they were overcome but in actual fact it's just boring and very dully filmed.


Ah, thanks. Was this also franchised for fans to buy into to sell, or am I thinking of just the album?


I think it was just the album.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53932
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby C » 11 Aug 2019, 23:03

Jeemo wrote:
soundchaser wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
it had been an ongoing project for years, there were syncing issues but they were overcome but in actual fact it's just boring and very dully filmed.


Ah, thanks. Was this also franchised for fans to buy into to sell, or am I thinking of just the album?


I think it was just the album.


and that was dropped (I think) because you can just BUY the album




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8470
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby soundchaser » 12 Aug 2019, 09:34

I’ve just had a look on Wiki. It was the Roxy By Proxy album, which was licensed to fans for quite a bit of money to release themselves, as well as there being an official release. I suspect some people got their fingers burnt.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8470
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby soundchaser » 14 Aug 2019, 09:32

What's your favourite Zappa Doo-Wop song?

User avatar
Dokter Rokster
Posts: 493
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:34
Location: The Gates of Delirium

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby Dokter Rokster » 14 Aug 2019, 10:37


User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8470
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby soundchaser » 14 Aug 2019, 12:28

Dokter Rokster wrote:


From people who will be, the death of BCB.

'Cause i can feel the storm clouds, sucking up my soul.

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 2714
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby Purgatory Brite » 15 Aug 2019, 13:04




The most unlikely pairing of Zappa and Van Morrision :shock:

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13598
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby Sneelock » 15 Aug 2019, 17:28

soundchaser wrote:What's your favourite Zappa Doo-Wop song?

Fountain of Love.

shit, I think that Roxy stuff is pretty great. that was a tight fuckin' band and FZ plays some great solos.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21103
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 15 Aug 2019, 18:46

Sneelock wrote:
soundchaser wrote:What's your favourite Zappa Doo-Wop song?

Fountain of Love.

shit, I think that Roxy stuff is pretty great. that was a tight fuckin' band and FZ plays some great solos.


The Roxy album and band are fantastic. I was talking about the actual film.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13598
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby Sneelock » 15 Aug 2019, 19:02

Snot that bad.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21103
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 15 Aug 2019, 19:13

it was bigged up as the motherlode, took years for it to be finished and then its average at best.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13598
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby Sneelock » 15 Aug 2019, 20:38

you're right, of course. they did talk it up like it was the holy the grail. the holy grail it ain't. it's more like the "token of his extreme" stuff - just a nice solid set from a very good band.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13598
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby Sneelock » 22 Sep 2019, 23:32

I’ve streamed this new iteration of “Orchestral favorites” a couple of times. It’s another one of those “everything but the kitchen sink” re-issues that seems to be the Zappa Family Trust’s stock in trade these days. I thought it was worth a listen. I guess i’m One of those Zappa fans who wants to hear everything at least once. It already assumes That the listener has an unhealthy interest in the material. I think this is wise.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53932
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby C » 23 Sep 2019, 13:29

Sneelock wrote:I’ve streamed this new iteration of “Orchestral favorites” a couple of times. It’s another one of those “everything but the kitchen sink” re-issues that seems to be the Zappa Family Trust’s stock in trade these days. I thought it was worth a listen. I guess i’m One of those Zappa fans who wants to hear everything at least once. It already assumes That the listener has an unhealthy interest in the material. I think this is wise.


Good lad

Yes, good lad




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21103
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 23 Sep 2019, 16:42

C wrote:
Sneelock wrote:I’ve streamed this new iteration of “Orchestral favorites” a couple of times. It’s another one of those “everything but the kitchen sink” re-issues that seems to be the Zappa Family Trust’s stock in trade these days. I thought it was worth a listen. I guess i’m One of those Zappa fans who wants to hear everything at least once. It already assumes That the listener has an unhealthy interest in the material. I think this is wise.


Good lad

Yes, good lad




.



I've got in queued on Spotify for later
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.