'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Do talk back
User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18030
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 21 May 2018, 10:49

Iggy Pop likes 'em and they're in the Grauniad every month, so there's some CACHET

but yeah - they must be pissing themselves.
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5739
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Darkness_Fish » 21 May 2018, 11:50

They're like a coffee-table Whitehouse. I expect they'll go on releasing the same album for as long as Whitehouse did, too.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18030
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 21 May 2018, 11:52

Whitehouse?
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 21 May 2018, 12:22

Don’t ask.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 21 May 2018, 12:25

Sort of a grown up Happy Flowers
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5739
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Darkness_Fish » 21 May 2018, 13:19

BOLLY BEE wrote:Whitehouse?

I'm not recommending, just pointing out the similarity. Cheap electronics while being hectored by a cunt. Opening line is a classic though "Can I suggest you ... get fucked".
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5739
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Darkness_Fish » 21 May 2018, 13:20

gash on ignore wrote:Sort of a grown up Happy Flowers

I may have mentioned this before, but this is my favourite memory of John Peel:



I was only 13 at the time, but it always stuck with me, the CD jamming, and Peel not knowing.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 21 May 2018, 15:31

:) Sort of an update on his frequent “that record was presented at 33 and 45” when the old goat played something at the wrong speed.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 3631
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Fonz » 21 May 2018, 18:35

Genius!

Fucking great track though. Better then the Sleagord Mods.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 02 Jun 2018, 19:50



Christ.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
joklend
Posts: 216
Joined: 21 Aug 2017, 23:25
Location: Northumberland

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby joklend » 01 Jul 2018, 14:41



My God, this piece of shite.

In an apparently "pro-gay" video, he makes it absolutely clear from the outset, so that there can be no ambiguity, that he is most definitely a virile, red blooded heterosexual.

He then proceeds to sing about how every gay guy must be interested in him because he's such a free and open guy, with many a zany witticism. For example, he is seen driving a "Mitsubishi Zero", apparently not realising that it is actually a war plane, and claiming he had an uncle who played for Red Star Belgrade, apparently not realising that they're a fascist team.

Tosser.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23017
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Deebank » 01 Jul 2018, 18:30

joklend wrote:

My God, this piece of shite.

In an apparently "pro-gay" video, he makes it absolutely clear from the outset, so that there can be no ambiguity, that he is most definitely a virile, red blooded heterosexual.

He then proceeds to sing about how every gay guy must be interested in him because he's such a free and open guy, with many a zany witticism. For example, he is seen driving a "Mitsubishi Zero", apparently not realising that it is actually a war plane, and claiming he had an uncle who played for Red Star Belgrade, apparently not realising that they're a fascist team.

Tosser.


Really? Driving a Mitsubishi is, what? Tacit acceptance of the military industrial complex?

Fucking weak! :lol:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
joklend
Posts: 216
Joined: 21 Aug 2017, 23:25
Location: Northumberland

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby joklend » 01 Jul 2018, 19:53

Deebank wrote:
joklend wrote:

My God, this piece of shite.

In an apparently "pro-gay" video, he makes it absolutely clear from the outset, so that there can be no ambiguity, that he is most definitely a virile, red blooded heterosexual.

He then proceeds to sing about how every gay guy must be interested in him because he's such a free and open guy, with many a zany witticism. For example, he is seen driving a "Mitsubishi Zero", apparently not realising that it is actually a war plane, and claiming he had an uncle who played for Red Star Belgrade, apparently not realising that they're a fascist team.

Tosser.


Really? Driving a Mitsubishi is, what? Tacit acceptance of the military industrial complex?

Fucking weak! :lol:


Huh? No, just in the video it's a car, when it's actually a plane... regardless it's hardly the worst thing about it

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23017
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Deebank » 01 Jul 2018, 20:35

joklend wrote:
Deebank wrote:
joklend wrote:

My God, this piece of shite.

In an apparently "pro-gay" video, he makes it absolutely clear from the outset, so that there can be no ambiguity, that he is most definitely a virile, red blooded heterosexual.

He then proceeds to sing about how every gay guy must be interested in him because he's such a free and open guy, with many a zany witticism. For example, he is seen driving a "Mitsubishi Zero", apparently not realising that it is actually a war plane, and claiming he had an uncle who played for Red Star Belgrade, apparently not realising that they're a fascist team.

Tosser.


Really? Driving a Mitsubishi is, what? Tacit acceptance of the military industrial complex?

Fucking weak! :lol:


Huh? No, just in the video it's a car, when it's actually a plane... regardless it's hardly the worst thing about it


Well I agree with that.
‘Virtue signalling’ wasn’t really a thing then, but...

I just wonder if you have an issue with every pop star that’s ever looked at a VW Beetle?

I like BB a lot but I really don’t need to hear him sing. He’s a decent raconteur.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18030
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 01 Jul 2018, 20:47

homosexuals around the world must have breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing that one, eh?

good ol' Billy!
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 01 Jul 2018, 21:07

Andrew Collins wrote his biog. Nuff said.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18030
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 01 Jul 2018, 21:08

'Star of BBC TV's Telly Addicts'
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 01 Jul 2018, 21:09

‘Bantertastic ruiner of the NME’
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18030
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 01 Jul 2018, 21:10

oh - that reminds me...
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: 'What's Up?' and the very worst songs ever

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 01 Jul 2018, 21:11

Ooh a pop culture reference. How fucking droll Mr Collins.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.