worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Do talk back
Bungo the Mungo

Re: worst song ever II - 25 MINUTES LEFT!

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 25 May 2011, 14:18

TopCat G wrote:
Sea Of Tunes v2.0 wrote:
polishgirl wrote:Eye Of The Tiger? Are you kidding? It's a soft rock, film theme, frightwigged triumph!!


:D ...and here's me thinking that this piece of 'art' already had been nominated 20 times... not reading a thread does have its charms...


Stuff like 'Eye of the Tiger' is too obvious, it's the kind of thing we're meant to think is bad. But I agree with Polishgirl, it's actually pretty good at what it does. I'm sure many of us secretly find it quite rousing ( and I'd put 'Final Countdown' along with that too).


'Eye of the Tiger' is great.

I worry that we 'allow' 'The Final Countdown' for some strange reason to do with '80s authenticity', tho' - surely there's some sort of absolute measure of badness?

User avatar
Rated B
Posts: 5209
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 12:32
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell

Re: worst song ever II - 25 MINUTES LEFT!

Postby Rated B » 25 May 2011, 14:38



:D
And if I come in on a donkey, let me go out on a gurney

User avatar
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman
Posts: 17612
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: Unrecognized Genius, Me.

Re: worst song ever II - 25 MINUTES LEFT!

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 25 May 2011, 14:41

TopCat G wrote:
Sea Of Tunes v2.0 wrote:
polishgirl wrote:Eye Of The Tiger? Are you kidding? It's a soft rock, film theme, frightwigged triumph!!


:D ...and here's me thinking that this piece of 'art' already had been nominated 20 times... not reading a thread does have its charms...


Stuff like 'Eye of the Tiger' is too obvious, it's the kind of thing we're meant to think is bad. But I agree with Polishgirl, it's actually pretty good at what it does. I'm sure many of us secretly find it quite rousing ( and I'd put 'Final Countdown' along with that too).


On second thought, I tend to agree. EOTT 'targets' a certain audience, and certainly is not rubbish at that. Indeed, 'too obvious' is the term... I could, of course, have nominated James Last, but there are many millions of people who are happy with that quite mechanical brass sound of his, and who am I too poke fun at them?

I think I nominated Bonnie Tyler and Survivor because they often showed up in such polls in the past.

What about this, then (paging GoogaMooga!)?

Select All Squares With Street Signs.

User avatar
algroth
Posts: 4947
Joined: 04 Apr 2010, 03:12

Re: worst song ever II - 25 MINUTES LEFT!

Postby algroth » 25 May 2011, 16:53

Not sure if anyone's mentioned these, but...

Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder - "Ebony & Ivory"
Michael Jackson - "Heal The World"
Michael Jackson - "You Are Not Alone"

User avatar
algroth
Posts: 4947
Joined: 04 Apr 2010, 03:12

Re: worst song ever II - 25 MINUTES LEFT!

Postby algroth » 25 May 2011, 16:57

Rated B wrote:

:D


Damn, that's awful. Here's another:


User avatar
Griff's Colombian Friend
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29063
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: worst song ever II - 25 MINUTES LEFT!

Postby Griff's Colombian Friend » 25 May 2011, 18:13

mantochanga wrote:Too little too late, but how about these faux-Cockney disasters?

Stay Free - The Clash



:x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
jimjim
Posts: 6090
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 16:18
Location: Poneke, New Zealand.
Contact:

Re: worst song ever II - 25 MINUTES LEFT!

Postby jimjim » 26 May 2011, 04:14

polishgirl wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4A4UnFi2C8

Jim Diamond - Should Have Known Better

" I should have known better, to lie to one as boooootiffffull as you..."

Yes. Yes, you should. Now fuck off and take your whinging, pained and painful "song" with you...



D'yknow when I first heard that line I thought he was singing in French:

En choud de n'an petre!
Image

If it's me and yer granny on bongos, it's still The Fall

User avatar
Super-Jank
hounds people off the board
Posts: 15383
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: worst song ever II

Postby Super-Jank » 14 Mar 2017, 09:28

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Every time we do this I post the Charlene & Stevie wonder duo that actually is the worst song ever. But since we are clearly looking for the next worse, allow me to nominate "Panic" by the Smths and "Karn Evil #9, Third Impression"

All of those ore far worse than anything Mark Knopfler could manage.


Oh dear.
Diamond Dog wrote:and then we can have an adult debate about why you think there are 'over reaching' chord changes


Copehead wrote:I am a native speaker who got an A in O level English


K wrote:I think we all know that I would batter the fuck out of Coan.

User avatar
Super-Jank
hounds people off the board
Posts: 15383
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Super-Jank » 14 Mar 2017, 09:35

Anyway - this:

Diamond Dog wrote:and then we can have an adult debate about why you think there are 'over reaching' chord changes


Copehead wrote:I am a native speaker who got an A in O level English


K wrote:I think we all know that I would batter the fuck out of Coan.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 21795
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby never/ever » 14 Mar 2017, 09:39

Is it worse than this?

Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
Super-Jank
hounds people off the board
Posts: 15383
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Super-Jank » 14 Mar 2017, 10:05

:lol:

Jesus, I don't know. They're both stunningly bad.
Diamond Dog wrote:and then we can have an adult debate about why you think there are 'over reaching' chord changes


Copehead wrote:I am a native speaker who got an A in O level English


K wrote:I think we all know that I would batter the fuck out of Coan.

User avatar
Moleskin
Posts: 14418
Joined: 18 Feb 2004, 12:38
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Re: worst song ever II

Postby Moleskin » 15 Mar 2017, 12:58

OH wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Every time we do this I post the Charlene & Stevie wonder duo that actually is the worst song ever. But since we are clearly looking for the next worse, allow me to nominate "Panic" by the Smths and "Karn Evil #9, Third Impression"

All of those ore far worse than anything Mark Knopfler could manage.


Oh dear.


Good to know that even after 6 years Davey is still wrong.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14647
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby nev harp » 15 Mar 2017, 13:15

For a start "Ask", that jaunty shite, is far worse than "Panic".
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
Super-Jank
hounds people off the board
Posts: 15383
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Super-Jank » 15 Mar 2017, 13:24

clive gash wrote:For a start "Ask", that jaunty shite, is far worse than "Panic".


Very much so.

Slider loves it, unfathomably.
Diamond Dog wrote:and then we can have an adult debate about why you think there are 'over reaching' chord changes


Copehead wrote:I am a native speaker who got an A in O level English


K wrote:I think we all know that I would batter the fuck out of Coan.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 30950
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Mar 2017, 13:30

Has anybody mentioned Breakfast At Tiffanys by Deep Blue Something?
Jimbo wrote:I'm on a we never went to the moon video tear these days - and it looks like we didn't.


The Modernist wrote:I wanted to buy a pork pie the other day. Not there.

User avatar
Very Stable Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42261
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Very Stable Baron » 15 Mar 2017, 13:39

Goat Boy wrote:Has anybody mentioned Breakfast At Tiffanys by Deep Blue Something?


I was gonna to ask the same about any Blues Traveller song, but "Deep Blue Something" is particularly noxious.
Last edited by Very Stable Baron on 15 Mar 2017, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman
Posts: 17612
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: Unrecognized Genius, Me.

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 Mar 2017, 13:39

OH wrote:Anyway - this:



Snobs.

This was a key dance tune for me & my friends, way back then.

'Keine Atempause, Geschichter Wird Gemacht!!!'

I still can play the guitar chops to perfection.

BCB is losing it.

:evil:
Select All Squares With Street Signs.

User avatar
Griff's Colombian Friend
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29063
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Griff's Colombian Friend » 15 Mar 2017, 13:42

Thanks to Goat Boy, I am now familiar with 'Galway Girl' by Ed Sheeran, and I will probably nominate that
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 30950
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Mar 2017, 13:52

The rap! The fucking rap!
Jimbo wrote:I'm on a we never went to the moon video tear these days - and it looks like we didn't.


The Modernist wrote:I wanted to buy a pork pie the other day. Not there.

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12056
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: worst song ever II - STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Postby Geezee » 15 Mar 2017, 13:57

Minnie the Minx wrote:Thanks to Goat Boy, I am now familiar with 'Galway Girl' by Ed Sheeran, and I will probably nominate that


This might explain why I have had a constantly nagging feeling in the last few days that there is some inexplicable evil out there that I've been ducking and avoiding. Stay away from me, evil thing!
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON